Quick Pokemon D/Pt/HG -> B/W Pokegen transfer help needed please!

Mikz

Hey! As I do not have 2 DSs I have decided to try and use Pokegen to "transfer" my pokemon, I have some questions regarding this however.

For example:

Trading Jirachi from Diamond to Black (Originally sent from Emerald to Diamond) , I view data and set it in my pokemon black. Naturally I change the location to (poketransfer).

However there is 3 things that get changed:

1.- Nickname: It is shown as something like this " \0134\0133\013C\012B\012D\0132\0133\FFFF\A148\020C¢". Would changing it to "JIRACHI" have the same effect as if I had traded it?

2.- OT: Similarly to nickname, the OT is displayed by numbers. Would changing to simply the orginal OT work?

3.- Nature: Gen 4 used to take nature into PID correct? So is there anyway to know what it "should" be?

With the help of someone I was able to actually transfer this Jirachi from Platinum to White and then to my own Black via "legal" methods, which is how I was able to see the changes. Let me elaborate on #3 a bi, in Emerald the Jirachi is of the "bashful" nature, when traded to Diamond it changed to the "Hardy" nature and when traded to Black it changed once more to the "Bashful" nature.

I have a large amount of Pokemon so I doubt I would be able to find that much help, plus it would be too time consuming. And I would like to get exact copies of my pokemon in my Gen5 game.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone can help. :bidoof:

The .PKM made by Diamond are different compared to the ones made by Black, so both the files are read differently. You can change how pokegen reads the file(changing it to read diamond files and not black/white) but when I did this it screwed all of my Pokemon up >.>

I don't know why everyone has such a hard time grasping this. If you're loading a generation 4 file, the target game must be set to a generation 4 game PRIOR TO LOADING IT. You can then switch it to Black/White and have the names properly converted for you, as well as all the other data, aside from locations, considering they don't exist in Black/White.

• 3 weeks later...

By making sure I change the target game I've managed to get the pokemon into my box without screwing anything up. I can even move them into my party and proceed normally..

But when I check my pokedex for their entries, the game crashes ><;

So just to be clear, to pull a fake PokeTransfer, what exactly needs to be done?

So far I'm switching versions, loading the poke, changing versions back to auto-correct, loading the sav, then setting the poke in a slot and saving.

Anything extra I'm missing? ^^;

EDIT: I'm not sure what's diff, but in any case using the PokeTransfer program here let me SET all my old pokes with no issues in game. Cheers^^

Edited by Xenotrauma
Found answer^^;

I don't know why everyone has such a hard time grasping this. If you're loading a generation 4 file, the target game must be set to a generation 4 game PRIOR TO LOADING IT. You can then switch it to Black/White and have the names properly converted for you, as well as all the other data, aside from locations, considering they don't exist in Black/White.

I've got some questions.

is this a foolproof way of transfering? does it convert the file into one that is exactly the same as the in-game poke-transfer?

what is the difference between saving the .pkm as encrypted and unencrypted?