Spartan Pikachu's Online Team

Splittah

Here is my current team for online battling (Pokemon Online)

I know a few of you are going to dislike me/my team for whatever reason so I thought I'd let you know that I don't sit there and go:

'Yeah, that's a great team for <insert tier here>!' Or 'Yeah, I can counter this, this and this with that!'

I just picked a few Pokemon and added others to back them up for the original team. In some cases, yeah, I am screwed but don't yell at me for it because I didn't know anything when I made it. But I did go off Smogon's dictionary and Serebii's Pokemon Of The Week to create the current one.

Here is my Original team:

Blaziken (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Blaze

EVs: 255 HP / 96 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SAtk / 28 SDef / 16 Spd

Hardy Nature

- Aerial Ace

- Flamethrower

- Overheat

- Seismic Toss

Celebi @ Miracle Seed

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 236 HP / 56 Atk / 56 Def / 56 SAtk / 56 SDef / 48 Spd

Hardy Nature

- Water Pulse

- Giga Drain

- Dream Eater

- SolarBeam

Groudon @ Soft Sand

Trait: Drought

EVs: 28 HP / 56 Atk / 16 Def / 255 SAtk / 16 SDef / 136 Spd

Hardy Nature

- Earthquake

- DynamicPunch

- Eruption

- SolarBeam

Lugia @ NeverMeltIce

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 188 HP / 36 Atk / 16 Def / 168 SAtk / 24 SDef / 76 Spd

Hardy Nature

- Blizzard

- Psycho Boost

- Aeroblast

- Earthquake

Pikachu (M) @ Magnet

Trait: Static

EVs: 56 HP / 116 Atk / 116 Def / 156 SAtk / 36 SDef / 28 Spd

Hardy Nature

- DynamicPunch

- Thunderbolt

- Electric Ball

- Surf

Salamence (M) @ Dragon Fang

Trait: Intimidate

EVs: 24 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 176 SAtk / 116 SDef

Hardy Nature

- Draco Meteor

- Dragon Pulse

- Flamethrower

- Stone Edge

OK, get up me for the move type enhancers for the original. I am in no way good with hold items.

If you want to test out either team, everything inside the spoilers is the export from PO. So feel free to play around with them.

And here is my current team:

Bronzong @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Def

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Hypnosis

- Gyro Ball

- Earthquake

- Psychic

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf

Trait: Analyze

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Nasty Plot

- Hidden Power [Dark]

- Thunderbolt

- Hyper Beam

Mismagius (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Nasty Plot

- Shadow Ball

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Infernape (M) @ Muscle Band

Trait: Blaze

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Flare Blitz

- Close Combat

- Stone Edge

- Swords Dance

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Softboiled

- Ice Beam

- Seismic Toss

- Aromatherapy

Lucario (M) @ Expert Belt

Trait: Steadfast

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Close Combat

- Crunch

- Stone Edge

- Swords Dance

I did use my brain to make this one :D.

Edited by Splittah

I'm torn between re-directing you to the In-Game RMT thread we have (or used to have, anyway) or really trashing your team.

You're free to, of course, play without tiers. But the fact is, most people battling on simulators (and in my experience, even on Wi-Fi) like tiers and what's generally accepted as standard rules because it gives some sort of structure. Otherwise you just get the same dozen or so ubers running around, and no one else even has a chance of being remotely useful.

Yeah, I spose'. But I'm not the kind of person who goes around making a different team for each set of rules. RMT? And if you're going to trash it, please detail why so I can make it better ;D.

There's only one set of rules 90% of people who play Shoddy/Pokemon Lab/Pokemon Online play by..

With your set of no-rules-anything-goes, what prevents someone coming at you with a team of Kyogre, Dialga, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, etc... etc... it means stuff like your Pikachu have no chance at all.

Your EV spreads seem to be completely random and serve no real purpose at all. Most Pokemon only have 1-3 stats that are even worth investing EVs in.

I can't rate your team really because hey, it's your standard random PBR-ish team. I just think it'll be hard for you to find a battle on a battle simulator since almost everyone plays with some type of structured rules, whereas you aren't.

Honestly I would say start over.

I won't rate each pokémon as per usual, as really they're not salvageable and I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish with them.

I will, however, say this: Go and learn some stuff. I will happily help you, as I'm sure Gin and Randomspot may also.

For now I'll just say, look over Rate my teams posted here in the forum to get a feel of how synergy, EVs and movesets work. You can go into any of my teams and import them to PO and give them a try, their viability now is somewhat questionable but you're free to test them. Basically, just go and disect other people's teams, see what is making someone else's team. A lot of the time it's not the pokémon on the team that make it work, it's more about how it is built, what's supporting what, and how certain aspects are used more than others.

I agree with what Randomspot said, a lot of your things seem purely random. If you can't explain what a certain aspect that you've added to your pokémon is exactly doing, then you can pretty much write it off as useless (I should probably take a dose of my own medicine here.)

I'm trying to make my point here but I'm having difficulty xD. If you want me to give you a quick bit of help then feel free to come on PO and I'll try and help you with some stuff :D.

Ok... I'll go learn some stuff then. I did pick my Pokemon's moves so that I could kind of counter against some Pokemon. I would tell you what they are but I'm at school at the moment and I can't access it. I'll go on Pokemon Online when I get home but I live in Aus so there is a time difference. And ..thanks for the ..feedback. Why am I thanking for kind of negative feedback... Never mind...

P.S. I knew that Blaziken's worst enemy was Earthquake/ground moves so that's why I gave him a Focus Sash.

There's only one set of rules 90% of people who play Shoddy/Pokemon Lab/Pokemon Online play by..

And what would that be?

I just think it'll be hard for you to find a battle on a battle simulator since almost everyone plays with some type of structured rules, whereas you aren't.

Yeah. I'm new to competetive/casual online battling, so I don't know much about tiers, EV's or the different rule sets, so yeah... I would like some help if that's alright though.

Yeah. I'm new to competetive/casual online battling, so I don't know much about tiers, EV's or the different rule sets, so yeah... I would like some help if that's alright though.

There's an Intro guide either in this forum or in the Competitive Battling Discussion forum. Smogon has an introduction + handy dictionary on their site. That's the fan-made metagame.

What's also popular is VGC rules, which change periodically. They play Doubles, they tend to ban event exclusive Pokemon, and have some other odd rules thrown in.

Okay, first off, read this.

Secondly, for future teams you build, make sure your team members have synergy with each other. Have a strategy you can stick to, and figure out what pokemon you're going to use to counter specific threats. Don't play favorites, it doesn't work. Finally if you need help with EV spreads (which you evidently do), check out the pokemon in Smogon's strategy pokedex for some ideas on good EV spreads not to mention movepools. Also Blaziken is not an excellent lead. At all.