Kanto starters for B&W PDW

Guested

On September 10th, a book called Pokemon Pia will go on sale in Japan.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%9D%E3%82%B1%E3%83%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%81%B4%E3%81%82/dp/4835613562

This book will contain Pikachu earphones (neat, sorta!) as well as a password for you to enter in your Pokemon Global Link account to encounter one of the three Kanto starters (with different abilities) in the Pokemon Dream World (PDW) and sync back to your Black or White game save.

I plan on buying one, but you can only enter one password per account.... I think? (Can't find confirmation on that yet... actually, I really have no idea on this as there isn't any official word, I just heard it on other sites)

I have no idea how the passwords work. There may be millions of passwords that randomly generate one of the three starters upon being entered, or.... there maybe be only three universal passwords, one for each starter.

(it appears they are each individual, not set passwords)

If you feel ambitious and want to try collecting one or more of these for the site, the Amazon.jp link is above.

Also, if you find any more info about this event, feel free to post it here.

(See my thread about the Eeveelutions event for PGL/PDW for info regarding the PGL and backing up your save files.)

Edited by Guested

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know the Kanto stater dream world passwords from Pokemon Peer???

I'm pretty sure each Password is different in the Book.

Only time will tell if you can reuse different passwords per-account. Either that, or we'll have to extract the data out of the saves once they've been acquired from the Dream World.

As Nigoli said, it appears that the the numbers are individual. They're also called "Serial Numbers" instead of passwords, so I believe that they do not repeat. It is highly doubtful that you can use the same password on more than one account, so I really don't think anyone would give you theirs.

If you want one, it looks like you'll have to:

a) buy the book

b) hope that the Japanese community is as ambitious as we are with analyzing any new sav file formats and extracting the data

or

c) hope that I'm extremely lucky with the three serial numbers I have.

Also, there's already a thread about this event, so I'm merging these threads.

• 1 month later...
As Nigoli said, it appears that the the numbers are individual. They're also called "Serial Numbers" instead of passwords, so I believe that they do not repeat. It is highly doubtful that you can use the same password on more than one account, so I really don't think anyone would give you theirs.

If you want one, it looks like you'll have to:

a) buy the book

b) hope that the Japanese community is as ambitious as we are with analyzing any new sav file formats and extracting the data

or

c) hope that I'm extremely lucky with the three serial numbers I have.

Also, there's already a thread about this event, so I'm merging these threads.

It appears that all other events got uninduvidual numbers. It would be apreciated if you would post your passwords (after you've used them ofc). This will confirm if the numbers are individual in this event too, as well as being a better way of contributing than posting a .sav or a way of hacking it to the high link.

What do you mean by "all other events" ?

Croagunk and the Pikachu Skin were single passwords. This event, and the other two sets of upcoming starters are both one-time-use serial numbers (not passwords). My serial numbers can no longer be used.

• 2 weeks later...
Managed to get these two in trading, not sure of the full legitness as I did not catch them in Dream World myself. Use at your own risk

I can confirm that these two are legit, I just went into Random Wifi with them and passed the "legit Pokemon" check that's in the game and was able to get a a match with someone.

I will post a video after I come back from work.

Not totally true. Some natures/IV combinations are impossible.

Anyway, like Guested said, things could have changed with B/W.

that fact that some combination were illegal in gen 4 doesn't change thatfact that less than 20 iv's in atk, sp. atk and speed is bad for a mild pokémon. A hacked pokémon will most of the time have near perfect iv's and a nature that will benifit the pokémon. Mild isn't a bad nature for bulbasaur, but it seem like most people that does that kind of hacking prefer to run natures that doesn't lower a defensive stat.

you have no clue of whether or not any of that is true. it might be hacked it might not. no way for anyone to know until the algorithms are figured out.

The things I've wrote are true. I have NOT wrote that they are legit, just that all information we got so far is signs of a legal pokémon.

First of all: The fact that they are in .pkm file format itself means they cannot be "legit."

They are evidently legal enough to get on to random wi-fi, but that hardly means anything as edited pokemon can make it on there.

Bond697 is the only one in this thread who has got it right.

Without knowing the DW algorithm or the confirmed source of the pkm files, we CANNOT determine if they actually came from the event. It's that simple.

First of all: The fact that they are in .pkm file format itself means they cannot be "legit."

They are evidently legal enough to get on to random wi-fi, but that hardly means anything as edited pokemon can make it on there.

Bond697 is the only one in this thread who has got it right.

Without knowing the DW algorithm or the confirmed source of the pkm files, we CANNOT determine if they actually came from the event. It's that simple.

That's what i said, mentioning you.

We don't know yet if the pid relation with gender/nature is still the same than in 4th gen.

And we don't know either if IV are still limited by some natures, just said it was the case with 4th gen.

For sure the relation PID/ability changed because some have a 3rd ability now. The binary way to show ability for a PID in 5th gen is good to be thrown away.

About the legit thing : personnaly i concider an event i got myself legit, file or not.

Legal are the pokemon i get from someone else witch are looking good.

That's what i said, mentioning you.

We don't know yet if the pid relation with gender/nature is still the same than in 4th gen.

And we don't know either if IV are still limited by some natures, just said it was the case with 4th gen.

For sure the relation PID/ability changed because some have a 3rd ability now. The binary way to show ability for a PID in 5th gen is good to be thrown away.

About the legit thing : personnaly i concider an event i got myself legit, file or not.

Legal are the pokemon i get from someone else witch are looking good.

no, it still works the same for non-DW abilities. That has nothing to do with it. even PID for abil 0, odd PID for abil 1. offset 0x42 in the pkm indicates DW ability. and there is no correlation anymore between IVs and PID. Likely nature either, since it doesn't seem to be PID-based anymore.