Clair/e (8th gym) bugged, won't battle me? (HGSS)

thousands

Hey, posting here in hopes someone will be able to help a little. on my soul silver (us) save, I'm at the 8th gym. Thing is, Clair seems to be bugged. I have not fought her. The dragon's cave is blocked by the same old guy, and my trainer's card lists only 7 badges. I don't have the Dragon Pulse TM, either.

When I talk to her, she gives me the dialogue that happens after you've beat her and she gives you the TM. Tells me to go to New Bark Town, that I have challenges ahead, etc. When I go to New Bark, Professor Elm tells me to use the boat/train/whatever with the ticket he gave me, but again, I don't have the ticket either.

Is there some way to fix whatever flag was tripped making Claire think she's already given me the TM so I can have the fight with her and get the badge/national dex/etc? Basically I'm asking for a way to unset Clair-related flags.. she seems to be stuck at the after fight, post-given-TM dialogue. I really hope I can fix this without starting the save completely over, I have an insane amount of time and 143 on the 'dex.

I've used rebattle trainer codes and IV/EV viewing codes, no modifications to any Pokemon. I have done a lot of trading though although none with knowingly pokesav-generated Pokes. I haven't used TM/HM cheats, I've only used the ones I've listed. They're off now, naturally.

Really hoping someone here will have some idea, I have access to pokesav etc, I'm running it on a cyclods. :frown:

Use the following codes below.

Use this code first.

All Badges: Press L

94000130 FDFF0000

B2111880 00000000

2000008E 000000FF

D2000000 00000000

Use this code next.

Rebattle Clair: Press Select

02040EAC F7FF68E0

94000130 FFFB0000

02040EAC E0002000

D0000000 00000000

94000130 FFFB0000

B2111880 00000000

2000008E 0000007F

D2000000 00000000

thank you for the codes, I tried them and like you said it did give all badges / remove the 8th badge.. in that sense it worked perfectly.. but Clair's speech still doesn't change, and I still can't fight her :( She says the exact same thing.

I tried using the first one both in and out of the gym, but the second one only inside. and yeah I have used that one.. should I use it?

edit: i haven't skipped any cutscenes, i've only used it once, tonight, to check the dragon cave to see if this could be fixed, I didn't save.

that's one hella weird/severe side effect for barely using any cheats. the ones I used are all from the gbatemp file and yours are the only custom ones i've used. and that was just yesterday.

good to know that the IV/EV viewing code and hold L to rebattle code can break the game. :|

but thanks anyway for trying. I appreciate it.

• 6 months later...