Action Replay DSi Game Save problems?

bigbryan92

I recently downloaded Pokemon Diamond game saves. I then placed them on my Mini SD card and put that into my Action Replay DSi. After that I went to the Saves option, and located my game save. I chose it and it said that it restored the game save. I then tried to boot the game. When I booted it, I was required to start a new game. I did so, but none of the things that were listed in the game save description were included. I have tried this several times. Is there a special way that i must boot the game? I have tried with and without the action replay. Please Help! Much thanks in advance!!!

I tried downloading my save from Diamond onto my PC. Used a program (ARDStoSav) from here to convert it to .sav format so that I could read it in Pokesav. It may be worth you trying that to check that everything is working fine. At least it will eliminate some potential problems. Not sure what to suggest beyond that, but we'll try to progress further when we know that the save is OK.

Check this topic for the program ARDStoSav, though you may need to download something from the Microsoft Web site to make it work.

http://projectpokemon.org:80/forums/showthread.php?3751-ARDS-ME-%28%2A-DUC%29-to-%2A-SAV-%28and-back%29-Converter-%28Updated-to-Version-1-2-5%21%21%21%29#post44306

I was wondering if you had the latest version of the PC ARDSi Manager program downloaded.

My ARDSi (bought recently) is up to date and worked fine with the save. Have you tried other data on your Micro SD card just to make sure there is not a problem with that.

You could try exporting your code list to XML and try reading that in Notepad to confirm it looks OK and that side is working.

I know I have the most current version of the manager program. I clicked the the "Update Software" button and it says no new product updates available. I put some music on my Micro SD card and put it into my DSi SD card slot (with an adapter of course) and it plays the music fine. And what do you mean by code list? I use codes all of the time and they work just like they should.

If you go into Settings there is an option to Export the Code List.

If you could attach one of your game saves for the Pokemon games to your next post I will have a look at it and see if I can do anything with it.

I notice your save name is over 23 characters. ARDStoSav (only program to work) only works on filenames less than that. I'll check your save. Reads OK into my Pokesav first two Pokemon are Buizel and Politoed.

Edited by Bassman

Not sure where we go from here, as the save appears to be OK. I presume I would also be able to read the file you downloaded OK.

Have you considered contacting Datel to see if they have any advice. How long have you had your ARDSi?

Have you tried creating a new game (assuming you are free to do that),doing a save, backing up the save with the ARDSi. Starting a New Game with a different starter. Then restore the save you just backed up back onto the DS and see if it starts OK with it.

All sorted then as far as the ARDSi is concerned. All working as it should.

What were you using to convert the game saves? I eventually got the Gamefaqs saves to work in Pokesav using the Supercard output format (at least it was a long description of formats and Supercard was one of them) for the conversion from .duc to .sav, that using the Shunyweb online file converter.

All sorted then as far as the ARDSi is concerned. All working as it should.

What were you using to convert the game saves? I eventually got the Gamefaqs saves to work in Pokesav using the Supercard output format (at least it was a long description of formats and Supercard was one of them) for the conversion from .duc to .sav, that using the Shunyweb online file converter.

Becasue the saves were from GameFAQs, then the problem was with the format. Most saves on GameFAQs are ARDS MAX, not ARDSi (there is a difference.)

In case shuny's breaks, my converter will now support Action Replay MAX files.

http://saves.uniquegeeks.net/

• 8 months later...

ya my friend got action replay dsi and i played it on my soulsilver and when i started playing nothing was wrong... when i took the action replay out and put just the sould silver game in it wouldnt let me fly to Kanto, i could fly to mt. silver but there was no path to it... i can walk to kanto but there is no map where i go... how do i fix it?...can i fix it?... what do you thing people?