Black and White starters

datenshi11793

I've picked Charizard, Blastoise, Blaziken, and Torterra for previous generations. I picked Typhlosion for the second generation because it was the only one I thought was decent. I was going to pick Snivy, but now I'm picking Tepig. What are you guys picking?

Edited by datenshi11793

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting to loose the definition of ''cool'' in Pokémon. For one reason is the pokemon are getting more cute and big prided. Piplup was tolerable but these are getting ridiculous.

For one thing:

The original

treecko1.jpg

The new:

200px-Tsutaja.png

Another gecko type pokémon...

Even still. I dislike the others even more. So i guess i will go with this thing.

treecko1.jpg.3b51bc51c57fbeb618a5695ca33

200px-Tsutaja.png.035d5a621a67eea27272d0

Hi there!

I'm new to the forum, and I usually don't do this kinda of thing, but I just had to say something when I found out about the new starters.

All I can really say is........ Sadness.

When I saw the silhouettes of the new pokemon I was really excited! But this is just a huge disappointment.

I like the grass the best but, didn't we already have a reptile grass starter?

And I'm sorry to those who like it but the water starter looks completely fake. Is it just me or does it look like a giant snowcone?

The fire starter is... cute... but just like the rest of them I really hope their final evolutions are more impressive.

Uh, yes.

If you're referring to Treecko, however, that was the one grass-type starter that WASN'T a reptile.

Thank you for your candor:redface: but that was a rhetorical question meant to make a point.

Seriously though I was referring to Chikorita(fav!)>3

Now I don't necessarily mean to say that there is anything wrong with the new starters, I guess I just hyped up their

possibilities to the point where they could never live up to my expectation. I think the water starter is cute however it's

appearance just seems a little strange compared to past pokemon. But that's just me!:redface:

Like Riolu likes the water starter, I don't particularly care for it, but the game won't even come out till next year so maybe I'll change my mind by then ;D

They all look rather stupid, in my opinion. In past generations, I could look at the first stages of the starters and know which one of them I'd want to go with. This time, none of them look like I'd want to even touch them. I guess I'll just have to see their final evolutions and make my decision based on that. For my prediction, though, I'd probably go with the fire pig... assuming it fully evolves into a huge, badass-looking flame boar! Yeah, I'll have one on my team, regardless of whether it sucks or not in battle and nickname it "Ganondorf". xD

This makes me wonder what their evolution forms look like. Depending what they are I may decide between that Grass Snake or Fire Pig.

If I get the Fire Pig Pokemon I will name him Bacon or BabyBack.

I also agree with how the Pokemon are starting to look ridiculous.

Absolutely LOVE Tsutaja(the grass type).

Reminds me of a fusion between Treeko (one of my fave starters) and Excalibur (from Soul Eater)

But, I bet the full evos will be interesting.

I agree with Tsutaja looking a bit like Excalibur :) It's also my favourite starter of this gen.

Moving on to the starters, the grass one is the only one that appeals to me the most out of all of them. However, it is somewhat of a Treeko-spinoff. The fire one has a pig nose, A PIG NOSE! But it is better than the water starter. The water starter...it's overly designed. It looks like some shape someone came up with and just threw everything they could think of into it. I can see it evolving into a Snorlax knockoff already.

My other post in the other thread. Nuff' said.

yep yep. normally i choose fire type which is a thrill to use even in disadvantageous situations.Like my Typhlosion vs. Lance's team (because i'm stubborn and don't switch pokemon until they faint).so i'll choose Tsutaja the grass starter. but i'm still hoping they can make it up for the 2 others and make them look better when they evolve.

Sorry to double post, but I wanted to get this in.

They all look rather stupid, in my opinion. In past generations, I could look at the first stages of the starters and know which one of them I'd want to go with. This time, none of them look like I'd want to even touch them. I guess I'll just have to see their final evolutions and make my decision based on that. For my prediction, though, I'd probably go with the fire pig... assuming it fully evolves into a huge, badass-looking flame boar! Yeah, I'll have one on my team, regardless of whether it sucks or not in battle and nickname it "Ganondorf". xD

I completely agree with you. In all past generations, I was always able to choose my starter just by how they looked. But now that they all look retarded, I don't know which one to choose. Instead, I feel like just choosing one at random, and then putting it at the back of my PC. I mean, I'm really disappointed with what they have done to pokemon. It seems as though they lost all senses of creativity. The only thing I'm looking foward to in this new game the battle scenes, and the new "3D" view to the map...

Sorry guys