4th Gen Wii Homebrew?

I'm hoping this is in the right section, but hello to all the hard working people out there who know all the programming aspects of Pokemon, and to everyone else.

My question probably hasn't been asked yet, but is there by any chance a Wii Homebrew program out there that deals with the 4th generation games? I know there are Pokemon games for the Wii, including those like Pokemon Battle Revolution and My Pokemon Ranch that communicate with the 4th gen game to obtain/send data wirelessly. Has anyone out there learned the details on how to use this mechanism to make the DS believe such games are trying to connect by Wii? Here's my idea:

I'm thinking about a homebrew program for the Wii that can communicate with the 4th generation DS game and potentially download Pokemon data and other snippets of data that are relevant to any user out there. It's what you would call a 'Pokemon Oracle' that can tell you every aspect of your Pokemon, especially your game itself. Data such as breakdown of IVs, EV's, SID, Stats of Roamers, number of steps taken, bin/hex readouts, etc. And of course, it would need a Sugimori-style character mascot for posterity.

If there is any homebrew program out there that can connect to the 4th generation games, please post the link. Otherwise, I'm hoping this post could generate some potential food for thought. Thank you in advance for any replies.

Short Version: Are there Wii Homebrew programs that connect to DPP/HGSS? Thanks in advance.

I was afraid of that. Thank you for the reply.

Even so, has there been any progress on finding the connection method between the DS and the Wii so such a program could be created with the right skills? I imagine the method is possible to mimic.

The protocol has been dubbed Ni-Fi, it's basically standard wifi with some proprietary tweaks, and it's the same as that used in DS-DS local communications. There's some documentation here, but it doesn't seem as if its very complete and interest seems to have dried up long ago. As far as I know Wii homebrew has never focused on the DS communication aspects, so I don't know what kind of groundwork would have to be laid before one could start to write homebrew that utilizes DS communication.

• 1 month later...

But then you'd have to edit the DS rom itself to allow connection to the Wii homebrew.

A new menu won't just magically appear in your game because a Wii homebrew seeks connection.

Or the Wii homebrew could send a DS Download Play app that would check stuff in your save file and give you the information.

But then you'd have to flash your DS to remove the RSA check from Download Play.

But then you'd have to edit the DS rom itself to allow connection to the Wii homebrew.

A new menu won't just magically appear in your game because a Wii homebrew seeks connection.

Or the Wii homebrew could send a DS Download Play app that would check stuff in your save file and give you the information.

But then you'd have to flash your DS to remove the RSA check from Download Play.

The menu for a distribution beacon is already there. It's just the regular local wireless mystery gift option. I'm not sure what other menu you think would need to be added...

Wasn't he talking about some homebrew that would let you check your Pokémon's hidden data?

Like IV's, EV's, PID, etc.

Maybe we could trick the game into thinking it's copying stuff over to PBR, but instead it copies it to the Wii Homebrew and lets you check the stats from there?

Yeah he was but maybe you could make the homebrew so it lets you check other hidden stuff that you can't see in-game, such as Secret ID for the actual game, not a ROM on a flashcart, you can use Pokesav for that.

But if you have a flashcart then why not just dump the SAV file? And if it's on HGSS then you could trade a Pokemon over using a friend's DS and check it out.

Wasn't he talking about some homebrew that would let you check your Pokémon's hidden data?

Like IV's, EV's, PID, etc.

Maybe we could trick the game into thinking it's copying stuff over to PBR, but instead it copies it to the Wii Homebrew and lets you check the stats from there?

Oh, I was looking at a different post. That's likely how it would work. Either mimicking PBR or Ranch.

But if you have a flashcart then why not just dump the SAV file? And if it's on HGSS then you could trade a Pokemon over using a friend's DS and check it out.

The whole point was so people who don't have a flashcart or know anyone who does can check the values, and you can't dump SAV files if you don't have a flashcart (Idon't think)

So maybe we could end up actually making one? And, yeah, PBR and Ranch would most likely use the same protocol, no point having different ones for different wii games. Has anyone heard of 'build your own wii'? apparantly you can use this software to play wii games on your pc. maybe we could use this in some way to find the protocol?

Edited by Splittah
added more text