~*Pokemon Black and White Discussion Thread~*

Shining Mew2

A few days ago the official Japanese Pokemon website have revealed Pokemon Black and White version which are the new 5th generation Pokemon games. Pokemon Black and White are set to release in Japan Fall 2010. The only known Pokemon at this time are the Dark Fox Pokemon Zorua, and the Illusory Fox Pokemon Zoroark. Zorua and Zoroark will star in the upcoming 13th Pokemon Movie, Phantom Ruler: Zoroark. This thread is created for discussing Pokemon Black and White Version :P. I will UPDATE this thread as new information comes in about the new 5th generation Pokemon games.

Pokemon Black and White Version Logos-

Pokemon Black-

black.png

Pokemon White-

white.png

Known 5th Generation Pokemon

Zorua-

Zorua.png

Zoroark-

Zoroark.png

It seems that the few changes are:

-Graphical change (such as awesome tall buildings in city, for added realism)

and change in Camera Angle

-Pokemon following behind you (started in Yellow, rebrought-up in HGSS) is dropped again.

-Possible revamp in battle back sprites (as seen from leaked corocoro scans, it shows the full back now)

It seems that the few changes are:

-Pokemon following behind you (started in Yellow, rebrought-up in HGSS) is dropped again.

I really can't understand why this has been done. They can just recycle the sprites for the majority of the pokemon. This is really making the game look like a step backwards- at least to me. I hope this is changed.

I really can't understand why this has been done. They can just recycle the sprites for the majority of the pokemon. This is really making the game look like a step backwards- at least to me. I hope this is changed.

I know right,

I feel that removing it is totally unnecessary,

Unless they intend to

A. Make it a special feature only for HGSS or

B. Intend to re-bring it up again when they make the third game/sister game for Black and White.

I feel that they (Nintendo/GameFreak ppl) are just rushing things through...

Just a thought, but it seems possible to me that they could still include Pokemon following you, but give you the option to choose whether you want them to do so or not, in which case it makes sense they would make it a point not to have any Pokemon out since Zorua and Zoroark are the only two we're supposed to know about so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Pokemon Sunday has revealed silhouettes of the Gen V starters:

20100509silhouetten.jpg

It's hard to judge too much just from these, but I dunno... they've got some pretty odd shapes. And the one on the right kind of looks like a deformed Piplup... I really hope they didn't try to make one of the starters a Pipclone, just because Piplup was elevated to co-mascot (with Pikachu) status with Diamond & Pearl.

I just hope the one on the left is a grass type ... I will be really happy if it is, I mean the only good looking grass type is meganium, and it's not all that great at attacking, so I want a good looking grass type with infernape style everything (because infernape was ugly and again ... the fire type).

Grass fighting :D

Also in Pokemon 12: Arceus and the Jewl of Life right when the Watermelon exploded next to Team Rocket, did it have Eyes? I personally think that the Watermelon was one of the 5th Gen Pokemon, do you?

Got a picture of this?

EDIT: Just seen what you're talking about... it's a voltorb xD

Quite odd little shapes aren't they? I dunno, the middle and the left are both viable to be grass at the moment, since, y'know, the leafy growths on their respective tails and heads. The one on the right looks like it might have a scarf. I hope that the left is grass, the middle is fire and the right is water.