Pokemon Mystery Version

What should I name the professor? (gender included)  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What should I name the professor? (gender included)

• Beech (M)
    • Poplar (M)
    • Aspen (M)
    • Willow (F)
    • Maple (F)
    • Ash (M) (This would be Ash Ketchum)

This is the storyline of my new game: Pokemon Mystery Version (If you come up with a better name PM me) # is the name of the region (not decided yet) @ is the name of the professor (again not decided) Nacita is the main legendary and finally & is the bad team (name not decided) Pokedex entry for Nascita to come soon. If you have a name for anthing PM me and you will get a place in the credits.

You are a young trainer in the region of #. One day you are approached by Professor @, he/she needs your help. He/She needs you to capture a Nascita, sounds easy enough, right? Wrong same as every Pokemon game in history, there is a catch, Team & are also trying to capture Nascita and before you can catch it you must battle your way through all eight gyms and the Elite Four, again easy enough if you have ever played a Pokemon game before. Wrong again, same as usual Team & continuously get in your way and eventually you must go to their base. Only problem is, they have five bases, one in each region, so, you must go to each region and fight through each base, which requires you to fight through and defeat all of the gyms in that region. In each region you obtain one of the native starters, the rest available elsewhere. Special event Pokemon are also available in their original positions (Except Celebi for programming purposes) with their special event items available at the Battle Tower. When you have finally won all the gyms, beaten all the bases and won the elite four it is time to capture Nascita who is unable to be caught by any ball except the Master Ball (not obtainable in game) and the Birth Ball (One available in game). You do not have to capture Nascita but if you do not then you do not officially complete the game and obtain the Life Pass. The Life Pass is required to reach Birth Island. Birth Island is the only place in game where Pokemon can breed, every Pokemon except Nascita can breed, unless you somehow have two, as Nascita is required to be at Birth Island with whatever Pokemon you want to breed. Normal trade evolutions can be evolved by leveling up on Trade Island. Item trade evolutions are evolved by leveling up holding the trade item. Umbreon/Espeon are evolved differently in this game, as well as their normal way they can be evolved by holding cetain stones and leveling up. Giratina evolves into its Origin Forme by holding the Origin Orb and leveling up, similarly it can be evolved back into Altered Forme by leveling up holding the Alter Stone.

Edited by I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

Ok then this sounds like a cool story, but is this for GBA or DS, and are you making it alone. I mean I can't help but if you're looking for people to help you might want to advertise that too :). Also you mention 5 regions ... how are you doing that lol? and does that go to say there will be forty gyms :o?

After some thought I have decided to cut it down to four regions; Johto, Kanto, Hoenn and ??? (I still havent come up with a name lol) It is for GBA, I am nowhere near good enough at programming to make a DS one. I might include Sinnoh pokes somwhere in the game if I can figure out how, maybe an island that is kinda like Pal Park. And finally, yes I would love spme help, mapping two regions practicaly from scratch is a LOT harder than I thought it would be, especialy the events. Sooo, if anyone would like to help bring this idea to a reality please PM me. Thanks

Just a quick thought but is there a way to add new pokes to the pokedex (without getting rid of old ones) otherwise I will have to cut it down another region, which would really make the game pointless. If it is possible but requires lots of programming then would somone mind helping me. Thanks

I've been looking around for you dude and I can't find anything that would help with adding to the pokedex, just the aforementioned removal of pokemon already present in the the dex. I'm also not sure about how you're going to do it in any case as I think I've read that there is an assigned amount of memory to each aspect (the maps and 'dex) so it might be difficult to get passed that. However don't give up, wait for someone more informed to post or go see if there's any tutorials lying around deep within the pokecommunity forum ... Or try in the IRC.

Sorry I couldn't be more help :/.

Thanks for looking you can join the group I made, and I will put you in the credits. I might have to get rid of some old ones then, would anyone care if I swapped Deoxys for Nascita??? Then just have other regions pokemon throughout the region, it might work, provided as you say there is enough memory...

Thank you Riolu as you have given me an idea to add to the storyline, which is consistant with Luvdisc being missing and Nascita being there.

Here goes: The professor (name undecided - please vote!!!!) needs your help because Luvdisc have gone extinct and eggs have stopped appearing. The prof has heard of a pokemon that lives deep within _______ (insert name here) that is rumoured to have helped bring life to the world, Nascita... then storyline as (except sinnoh stuff) above.

This is interesting. But I can't be of much help since i dont have the technical knowhow. Sorry dude. Hope this project will work out. :)

EDIT: Btw, maybe you would want to start out with a smaller region first? Especially since it will be a GBA game. All the best man.