GTS: website research

I think I found a limitation\bug to the program: it doesn't handle Pokemon containing Japanese\special characters in OT. It says it decodes correctly, but when sending it to the DS communication fails (blue screen, and the screen blinks rapidly for a while). It works just fine with Pokemon not containing them.

Attached is an Ageto Celebi Pal Parked to HG. This and a Manaphy with an OT containing the O with a dot in the center fail to transfer.

CelebiTest-HG.pkm

CelebiTest-HG.pkm

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it is amazing that you studied all this.

I seem to need help running this though, and if you mind advising [i hope it's a simple error on my part]. I am on a PPC Mac running OSX 10.4.

I tried running the script from the terminal with the "sudo" command. Here is the message I recieved:

Encoding!

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/Ringo/Desktop/sendpkm/sendpkm.py", line 46, in <module>

initServ()

File "/Users/ringo/Desktop/sendpkm/pokehaxlib.py", line 92, in initServ

serv.bind(("0.0.0.0",80))

File "<string>", line 1, in bind

socket.error: [Errno 48] Address already in use

If it's not too much trouble please advise what I can do. Thanks in advance.

--Ringo

Probably related to the fact I cannot access Wi-Fi without the USB connector.

It's still just as easy, maybe easier. Just change the DNS server settings for the network connection (probably "Local Area Connection") that's connected to the internet. Run the script first, then change the DNS server settings to whatever it tells you to.

Under XP (which is the only thing that has drivers for the USB connector, IIRC), go to Control Panel -> Network Connections -> right-click the connection -> Properties -> select Internet Protocol (TCP\IP), then Properties -> Use the following DNS addresses -> type in the server under Preferred DNS server

Actually there's drivers for Vista too. As you can see by my last post (scroll up) I was able to get this whole thing working with my Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector.

Okay, make that Windows 7, then. I've had to use the built-in XP virtual machine to use the USB connector. LordLandon's script still works there.

It was bound to happen some day... kudos to LordLandon for the achievement though

The bad part is that people are going to abuse it; hard. Now everyone is going to cheat and remain completely undetectable.

I also doubt that they can patch this server side. I'm not sure whether releasing this in the wild was a good idea or not, time shall tell and it will depend on Nintendo's stance on the matter.

The bright side is that now they will eventually be aware of the vulnerability, and fix their system on the next Generation. Nobody would blame them if there's no compatibility with the older generations either.

Edited by Arty2

Kudos to LordLandon, I wish I had the ability to reroute the NDS traffic and intercept it with packet loggers too! By the way what kind of router you use? May consider it when mine breaks down -tihi! ;)

It's very nice to see progress, I'll myself look a bit into this by trying to change the server NDS looks up by also changing its WIFI settings to obtain IP form my PC, if not I'll edit the ROM itself to connect to my PC then I start to packet log and build some sort of a server, prolly going to use Java to try beat this challenge. It's kind of fun to mess around and emulate a real server -already did that with Heroes of Newerth so I got some practice by now, hehe. ;)

Btw doubt this will become a popular way to add Pokémon to your game, but kind of fun that you could actually transfer a Pokémon to a legit game by changing NDS networking, making it connect to your PC and having the server handle the rest. Had to say something because LordLandon send me a PM. :3

This is crazy stuff. I understand that you guys are rerouting network traffic to your DS via your router in order to trick the game into thinking that your computer is a GTS server. Is it possible to connect to other people's GTS servers, ones that are not in your network? It would be very useful for non-real time trading.

On that note, wouldn't it be possible to set up a public DNS, one that just reroutes traffic for the GTS server and points all other urls to another public DNS? Then any DS could access the private GTS server just by changing its DNS settings. Not everyone can or is willing to change their router DNS, and this would be a universal solution.

This is crazy stuff. I understand that you guys are rerouting network traffic to your DS via your router in order to trick the game into thinking that your computer is a GTS server. Is it possible to connect to other people's GTS servers, ones that are not in your network? It would be very useful for non-real time trading.

I think so, said person would have to be running a webserver though.

On that note, wouldn't it be possible to set up a public DNS, one that just reroutes traffic for the GTS server and points all other urls to another public DNS? Then any DS could access the private GTS server just by changing its DNS settings. Not everyone can or is willing to change their router DNS, and this would be a universal solution.

Nobody has to mess with their router with LordLandon's current method though... Unless you mean WifFi Connector users like myself...

I appreciate your work LordLandon but I can't seem to get it to work. I do everything as instructed and enter GTS. Upon arrival and checking, the screen starts flashing non-stop for about twenty seconds then complete stopping with "A communication error has occured."

I'm running on Windows XP and using Python 2.6.4 and it occurs on both my genuine Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Platinum.

I appreciate your work LordLandon but I can't seem to get it to work. I do everything as instructed and enter GTS. Upon arrival and checking, the screen starts flashing non-stop for about twenty seconds then complete stopping with "A communication error has occured."

I'm running on Windows XP and using Python 2.6.4 and it occurs on both my genuine Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Platinum.

Try using a party PKM file instead of a storage PKM file.

Interesting program, very nice, but one thing. Could it be possible to add a feature to allow sending PKM to your PC to use it to clone and archive legitimately bred and captured Pokemon?

Yeah, as soon as he figure out the encryption on depositing Pokemon.