Pokemon Perfect Heart & Perfect Soul

Roland

I am willing to contribute to this hack, as I already have quite some useful things for you.

First of all, you might have noticed that PPTE doesn't work with all trainers (to be exact, trainers with a trainer ID of over 105). I fixed it by extending the trainer ID list and re-compiling the source code to an executable (though trainer classes still don't match their HG/SS counterparts). HG/SS use the Platinum trainer format.

Secondly, I have mapped the trainer files, so finding a specific trainer shouldn't be too hard anymore.

Thirdly, you might have seen my HG/SS upgraded trainers hack. This is basically what you did with Platinum: making the game harder. The Elite Four now has levels up to 62 in the first run, so you'll get the idea.

If you would like to have them, just tell me so and I'll upload them.

I'm interested in this, please upload :)

Good news and bad news.

Good news. First release is completed! It will contain the ability to acquire 489 Pokémon! I believe I have the Lati* event all figured out but it is gonna require testing. That event will be in the next release.

Bad news. I can't rebuild the ROM. For some reason either Alpha or SCV broke something and PPRE will not rebuild HG or SS. Until this is fixed I cannot make patches, meaning I cannot even play it myself, let alone release it. Also I have made no progress at all (with the exception of 8 hours wasted and a very large head ache) on the Arceus event.

So to sum it up. Hack is done but can't be released. 489 pokemon are in it, with the exceptions of 1 of the Lati's (version dependant), Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina (You may be able to get 1 with an in-game arceus but I can't test). We are awaiting Alpha to get PPRE fixed. Until I can even test my event work I cannot even start the next release. Sorry for the delay guys, it's outta my hands...

I really don't post enough content on these forms. My presence is practically unknown.

Little funny back story on Arceus...

Long story short, Arceus is infamous with the platinum event and any event relating to that sucker will live in infamy. Gotta love Game Freak.

If you can't directly activate it, trick it out :)

That's why I put that stone in the Arceus map in Platinum: Enhanced Edition. The Regi events were easy to figure out, but Arceus & Shaymin needed some, uhm, "tweaking", so to say.

If you can't directly activate it, trick it out :)

That's why I put that stone in the Arceus map in Platinum: Enhanced Edition. The Regi events were easy to figure out, but Arceus & Shaymin needed some, uhm, "tweaking", so to say.

Shaymin wasn't hard, but Arceus, well sometime, take a peek at what I did to Arceus in Perfect Platinum... ;-p

Excellent news guys.

It's out!

See first post for details.

I found a way around PPRE not compiling but as far as I know the issue remains unfixed... Details on the new evolutions is in the first thread. We decided to scrap the regular version and only manufacture a Challenger's Edition, as too many people said the original was too easy. If any bugs are found I want them reported to me immediately! Preferably through IM (see profile for screennames). I will be extensively testing myself and we will continue to work on the lati, arceus, and mew events.

Enjoy guys and feel free to donate to the cause!

i am in goldenrod city and have seen only a charmian as new pokemon yet

why there are no more pokemon?

ok first off wth is a charmian and secondly, there is, you just aren't looking hard enough... There are 489 pokemon available in either version and you can use both pokedexes (hg or ss) to find what you are looking for, as for ones that weren't in the game, well you just gotta look for em... But I assure you there is 489 pokemon in the game. (possibly 490 but we haven't had a chance to test arceus yet)

Does No$GBA still have problems? I lent my DS to friend so I figured I start on No$GBA then transfer my save. It froze on me during my second visit to cherrygrove (after dropping off the egg). I didn't think it would freeze so I didn't do a "save and quit". I got a fem adamant Totodile on my first try! Guess I'll just have to wait until I get my DS back :(

(I'm sure the hack is great Roland, can't wait to play it lol)

Hello @ all;

First: I'm new here and registered me only for this thread :D Roland; I love ur "hacks" sooo much! :bidoof:

Second: Charmian is the german name for the sweet cat Glameow

I've the problem too; the way to the first gym only glameow as "other" pokemon ...

Welcome aboard! I'm always glad to meet a fan!

We had a lot more areas to work with so we spread out the pokémon a lot more. Also there wasn't much to add in to begin with... All the SS only pokémon can be found in HG in their SS locations and vice versa. (or at least this is how Mushen was supposed to do it, I have not taken the time to check every single one and I trust his work.)

Also I should mention that the hack will only work for sure on the US version. I cannot guarantee compatibility with other regions.

Does No$GBA still have problems? I lent my DS to friend so I figured I start on No$GBA then transfer my save. It froze on me during my second visit to cherrygrove (after dropping off the egg). I didn't think it would freeze so I didn't do a "save and quit". I got a fem adamant Totodile on my first try! Guess I'll just have to wait until I get my DS back :(

(I'm sure the hack is great Roland, can't wait to play it lol)

There is a code you can use for no$gba, I no longer use no$ now that I have my own DS. I do not know if the code works with my hack but it may.

SoulSilver:

020DE16C E1A00000

020D3FA8 E1A00000

HeartGold:

020DD9E4 E1A00000

020D3820 E1A00000

Thanks for the quick respond :) ! I'll get back to ya.

On a side note I like how it doesn't feel like it is such a blatant hack. I've played other "all pkm" hacks, but they end up feeling broken (at least in the beginning).

Also, can you give a quick guess on how early I'll encounter a fire type? I'm not a fan of Cynda but I hate how uncommon fire types are.

nice :)

Kadabra should evolve at 36, it's the only level at which they learn a different move* and since it evolves earlier than the other 3 trade evos anyway (16 instead of ~25).

Kadabras and Alakazams learn the exactly same moves at the same levels, except:

36 - Role Play / Calm Mind

Thank u for ur quick answer Roland :)

Yeah, I use the "us-clean-rom" incl ur patch. So, all SS-Pokemon are in the HG 'nd so one? U've written "493/90" pokemon are included ... so i can find them later in the game? :o

489 (maybe 490) at the moment

Thanks for the quick respond :) ! I'll get back to ya.

On a side note I like how it doesn't feel like it is such a blatant hack. I've played other "all pkm" hacks, but they end up feeling broken (at least in the beginning).

Also, can you give a quick guess on how early I'll encounter a fire type? I'm not a fan of Cynda but I hate how uncommon fire types are.

Not sure exactly for a few reasons, 1.) I am unfamiliar with the route orders (it's been about 10 years since I played this one) and 2.) Mushen would know better than me as he placed em. I am in Goldenrod and haven't come across one yet...

nice :)

Kadabra should evolve at 36, it's the only level at which they learn a different move* and since it evolves earlier than the other 3 trade evos anyway (16 instead of ~25).

Kadabras and Alakazams learn the exactly same moves at the same levels, except:

36 - Role Play / Calm Mind

Hmm I'll take it into consideration. I honestly never took the time to study em too hard back when I did Platinum and figured if anything there is always that guy that reteaches moves...

Hey Roland, well done on the hack! I love it!

But is it possible to make sure Red never disappears, so you can rebattle him?

I actually thought he could be rebattled! I'll check into it, but there is certain events that are activated after you beat him (according to Serebii.net) so if they aren't too closely tied together I may be able to work it out...

all you have to do is rebattle the pokemon league to rebattle him so i dont think Roland would need to modify that

I actually thought he could be rebattled! I'll check into it, but there is certain events that are activated after you beat him (according to Serebii.net) so if they aren't too closely tied together I may be able to work it out...

xD woops, maybe he can be rebattled! I'll try battling the League again, see if that works...Expect an edit soon.

EDIT: It works!! Excellent!

Edited by Spartan201
I lost the game

Has anyone here passed the Burned Tower in my hack? I've run into a game breaking issue but I need to know if maybe my save got corrupted (possible due to an issue I was having that needed my card to be reformatted) or if we somehow broke something. Please respond immediately.

This game sounds really great and great job on your Perfect Platinum. Was just wondering what Emulators will this work on? I was hoping that maybe you can try to run Perfect Soul on a VBA Emulator or a NO$GBA. I was also wondering if it works on Windows 97/98?

it may work with no$gba, if you read a bit earlier in the thread I posted a code that may work.

Has anyone here passed the Burned Tower in my hack? I've run into a game breaking issue but I need to know if maybe my save got corrupted (possible due to an issue I was having that needed my card to be reformatted) or if we somehow broke something. Please respond immediately.

an add-on to this, please report what card you are using and possibly what firmware

Just got back home after a long week >.>

Good to see it's released Roland! I'll blow through it on HG and SS and see if I encounter anything myself , should have an answer by tomorrow or wednesday at the latest.

Just got back home after a long week >.>

Good to see it's released Roland! I'll blow through it on HG and SS and see if I encounter anything myself , should have an answer by tomorrow or wednesday at the latest.

I'm really hoping it's just a corrupt save... Right now I can fight Suicune infinitely in the basement of burned tower and cannot get Morty to go to his gym... So as soon as someone can tell me if they have or haven't had this problem I can resolve it