Event: The Lucario Wakuwaku Fair

NewsBot

Well technically there are give secret base items/goods codes for DPPt, so maybe it runs through that string of code :/? Idk ^^;; It is a nice resource to add to pokesav/pokemod though. I guess Nintendo is trying to keep things refreshing?

Not like I'm EVER in my secret base anyways, but still, it's nice to see them do something different :3

Not like I'm EVER in my secret base anyways

I'm in your secret base all the time. ;)

BAM

But seriously, I like the idea of this event, and I feel like the whole giveaway idea could have been utilized a lot better by doing stuff like this more often. Remember how you could always get SOMETHING at the NY PC? They had all those random giveaways. The WC system for DP is even more capable of handling a variety of things, not just Pokemon (items, Poketch apps, seals, Accessories, etc). So I really think there'd be more draw (and more feeling of uniqueness) to be able to get SOMETHING each time you go to Nintendo World, or a PC... whether it's a random semi-rare pokemon (starter, older starter, fossil pokemon, random egg, etc), a Poketch app, or a rare-ish item. It'd make it a more unique experience to GO there and DO it. Associating the experience with the received thing. We can hack whatever we want, but you can't hack the experience. BAM!

end rant.

• 2 weeks later...

this is a change and the fact that we can poke'save generate the code in the format of a wc from a secret base item i baffling, but it's something to look into is it not. as for the idea i am in my secret base occasionally when im within a 30ft. range of one of my friends in order to play capture the flag =) so yes i think i will like having a lucario in my secret base when the USA version of the event comes out. i really need to buy pokemon platinum JAPANESE version.

Well it works with a Wondercard, I have no idea how.

The labels in pokesav are wrong. Maybe COM just mistakenly assumed that the Pt items would coincide with the DP ones, or maybe they have just been wrong from the start. This certainly isn't seal 118 though... lol

Aside from that, the only difference between this and a WC like the secret key is that the item is sent to your secret base PC rather than your bag.

Well maybe COM will fix that glitch. MAYBE.

This isn't a glitch.

The game reads Seal 118 and KNOW it is the Lucario doll.

Game Freak used things like that before.

Example:

All GBA-Events have Ruby/Sapphire as their game of origin, all the other GBA-Games could display "fateful encounter" because of that.

If you had a Pokémon from Leafgreen and set the met-location to fateful encounter, R/S would say "obtained in a trade".

Well, maybe a bad comparison but i hope you can understand that :P