Remember E-reader for the origional GBA?

Stu-Stu22

The E-Reader Pokemon Cards had two purposes: They were for reading Pokedex entries and other card info (honestly, its pretty much the same stuff thats on the card itself) but it was mostly for the minigames. For example, I think it was if you had a Rapidash card and a Ho-oh card you could play this minigame where you tried jumping over hoops with Rapidash.

They were pretty fun. I wish they would compile them in a real game though. It would have worked well for DPP. There ARE roms of them online though.

One thing I always wanted to know was, if you printed out a scanned card and tried it in the e-reader, would it accept it?

- Greencat @ 10:36 PM

Oh, thanks for the info. :)

Edited by Greencat
Posting.

If the printout was precise enough, probably. There was also some tool floating around that was able to generate the dot code used by the E-Reader... though I'm not sure what kind of input it took.

The only E-Reader card I have is the Eon Ticket I bought off eBay back when the event was held; still with the brochure in perfect condition. These days, they're going on eBay for quite a bit more than I paid. There's one up to $46. Other Pokemon E-Reader cards seem readily available off eBay, though; maybe I'll pick them up.

I believe that e-cards were used to battle certain "special" trainers in R/S, and to get enigma berries. There were two berries that had unique effects: one cured attraction, and another (japan only) raised a stat instead of lowering it (like if you were holding it, and the opponent used growl, you would eat the berry and your attack would raise instead).

In Japan, the e-reader was also compatible with FR/LG/E and Colosseum. They were used to battle special trainers, change the trainers in the trainer tower/trainer hill, and change the wild pokemon in altering cave. The room where you could battle special trainers was blocked off in all non-Japanese versions of FR/LG/E.

Some people say that all event tickets in Japan were distributed as e-cards, but I'm pretty sure only the Eon Ticket was released, and the rest were simple wireless distributions.

most useless Nintendo add-on ever. I don't really know why I bought one. Damn thing doesn't even with with the DS. At least my Gameboy wormlight working with the GBA.

Agreed. That's when the Pokemon cards got really really ugly. I don't even bother attempting to get into that.

• 2 months later...

If some one could find out how to print fake e reader cards that could be scaned

i would love to get the eon ticket in my old ruby ive recently trey playing them again and got intrested in hack the gba games i want to use the events in my emerald to get ho-oh and lugia.. but to get back on topic wouldent it be cool to make some thing in your game happen like going to get deoxys on birth islend by just scaning a card?

yeah but i really want one and i really cant bye one trough ebay right now....

but in the mean time i bought a action replay named ultimate action replay codes for pokemon its the gameboy advance one and its comeing trought the mail and i was wondering if you knew how i could use the event codes for emerald to get lugia ho-oh deoxys and mew and hopefully the other lati.. can you tell me how to use them?

yeah but i really want one and i really cant bye one trough ebay right now....

but in the mean time i bought a action replay named ultimate action replay codes for pokemon its the gameboy advance one and its comeing trought the mail and i was wondering if you knew how i could use the event codes for emerald to get lugia ho-oh deoxys and mew and hopefully the other lati.. can you tell me how to use them?

The event codes didn't work for me. I used warp codes.

you are able to print out e-reader cards.

he means that if the dots arn't right te e-reader will not recognise the pattern, the print out has to be perfect.

i have been looking for roms of the japanese e reader colosseum cards, or even the real thing, i can't find them...