extract pkm file from battle revolution

sissyvaporeon

hi im new to this site and uhhh sorry to not introduce my self and dive right in to it first but can any one tell me if i could extract pkm files that i could use in pokesav form the deposited pokemon in battle revolution i my pearl version got erased and i really REALLY need to get my pokemon back some of them were event pokemon that i really want back and i still have them saved in battle revolution so if i could get the backup from battle revolution would their be away to extract data from it that i can turn into a pkm file to just pokesav ar code them back into my pearl version and if so how THANKIES SO MUCH FOR THE HELP (sorry if this is the3 wrong form hehe (^.^)' )

im not positive but i think that if you get the homebrew channel then im pretty sure someone made an app type of thing to backup save files that the wii doesnt usually let you backup but beyond that im not sure what to do

on a side note, i did that too mewtwo ex

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not certain but maybe Battle Revolution stores the data for pkm files transfered to the Wii as pkm files...

Maybe someone could compare data for their boxes and party with their Wii save?...

If the data isn't encrypted, you could just search for the exact pattern if I'm not mistaken...

I'd do it myself if I had the game...

If this isn't solved by the next time I go to my cousin's house, I extract my save for PBR and do this myself...

I've looked at the PBR save for just long enough to figure out that it is encrypted. One would have to figure out the encryption scheme before having any chance of locating pokemon data.

Note that this encryption is on top of encryption that the Wii does every time it copies a save to the SD slot. That particular encryption can be bypassed by just retrieving the save from NAND, but as I said, the PBR save is encrypted there as well.

So, PBR does encryption then?...

FYI, Poryhack, there is some Wii homebrew that can extract Wii save data in an unencrypted format whether you are normally able to back it up or not so, in this case, we'd only have to worry about breaking the encryption on PBR, not the Wii itself...

Either that or we could use Gecko OS to create a code save data WITHOUT the encryption... (Before you question the plausibility of it, look into the Brawl SD loader code to see what is possible through RAM hacking...)

Edited by YuzuruHitokiri
Add a link to the loader code

So, PBR does encryption then?...

FYI, Poryhack, there is some Wii homebrew that can extract Wii save data in an unencrypted format whether you are normally able to back it up or not so, in this case, we'd only have to worry about breaking the encryption on PBR, not the Wii itself...

Either that or we could use Gecko OS to create a code save data WITHOUT the encryption... (Before you question the plausibility of it, look into the Brawl SD loader code to see what is possible through RAM hacking...)

Indeed. I used that app to retrieve my PBR save from my Wii's NAND.

Nor would I, unfortunately, especially considering the project idea I once had for transferring Pokémon between a Wii remote and a PC via bluetooth.

Bear in mind that the Pokémon in the PBR save file are also (probably) encrypted and shuffled in the same manner as on the DS games, so locating the Pokémon and figuring out the encryption scheme is probably even harder than already stated. :\

Well, my theory was always that the Pokémon were stored the same exact way on PBR that they were on the NDS, but when I looked at the data on the Wiimote, I could not for the life of me locate or make sense of any Pokémon data. I figured at that point that the data was encrypted a second time by the Wii. I know that data stored on the Wiimote is usually not encrypted, so that makes me think it's PBR that encrypts the Pokémon. And then on top of that, the Wii save file itself is, as Poryhack said, also encrypted. So getting to that Pokémon data is, um... challenging.

The fact that they (Genius Sonority) encrypt save data in the NAND makes it quite likely they also do on the wiimote. Normal saves are not encrypted until they are transferred off the Wii (which can be circumvented easily enough, as I've already mentioned).

I wouldn't know where to start making codes either, so you're pretty much out of luck for now.

Just to clarify, what we are trying to figure out how to do get some Pokemon out of a Pokemon Battle Revolution save file...

One way or another...

Also, Pokemon battle Revolution does not trade pokemon or give them back to DS carts either... Therefore we are trying to determine how to extract the data to a usable form from a Pokemon Battle Revolution save file... (Or possibly some other file like the Wiimote data... Now that codemonkey put the idea in my head...)

Edited by YuzuruHitokiri

I have an idea, if you use a AR code to change your Name, TID & SID To What They were before you lost your save and try to connect and get them back.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well... with Pokesav or an AR. Surely PBR doesn't use anything beyond the trainer name, gender, ID and SID to recognize who's allowed to withdraw a stored Pokemon, right? It would be fairly easy to change that information on another save in order to fool PBR into sending the Pokemon you want back out. That's assuming you know what your secret ID was on that save, of course.

Guys...

its a one way transfer, pbr just copys the data, theres no trade proccess

Didn't you see this? The Pokémon remain in your cart; they're just copied to PBR. So there's no need (or sense) in worrying about how to trick PBR into thinking you have the original cart in your DS.

Just to clarify, what we are trying to figure out how to do get some Pokemon out of a Pokemon Battle Revolution save file...

One way or another...

Why clarify? That's what we've been talking about.