My Pokémon Platinum file has become glitched after using Pokesav

Sim

Hi!

I have encountered a disturbing problem today which I would greatly appreciate help on.

I was on Pokesav for Platinum editing my Platinum save file. I made a Uxie become a Dratini (just to see what'd happen), by changing its species and name to Dratini, saved and downloaded the save file to my Platinum cart. I turned on my game and found a nasty surprise at the continue screen. My player name was no longer displayed and my play time (284:35) now appeared as ?35:?5.

Clicking continue only revealed more damage. My character is now the female (it was originally the male). The frame text appears in is now formed of a glitchy half black half transparent lines. Attempting to view my party Pokémon freezes my Platinum, including the music. Attempting to view my party through the in-game PC reveals there are no Pokémon in it (in reality I should have six, including Uxie/Dratini). Taking about 20 steps results in an, "Oh?" message as though an egg were about to hatch (I have no eggs), followed by the screen going black and my game freezing.

I have attempted to change Uxie back, make it another Pokémon (Vibrava), even delete it from my team, but downloading those saves did nothing to fix my game. I have also deleted my Platinum's save file from the cart and tried re-downloading it, but I get the glitched save again. When I view my Platinum save file in Pokesav for Platinum, everything looks fine and normal. I've used Pokesav for Platinum quite a number of times this month and never had any problems like this.

I uploaded my Pearl's save file, edited it a bit, then edited it back to how it was before. Then I downloaded it back to the cart and there was no problem. I tried again with my Platinum and I got the glitched save once more.

I would really appreciate help to get my Platinum save back to normal.

Did you notice the big sticky on the top of the Saves section saying "How to make YOUR Platinum save file work."

And didn't you notice your save wasn't quite the right size?

By putting the save file back into your cart, you destroyed the correct save file, wich means we can't help you.

Did you notice the big sticky on the top of the Saves section saying "How to make YOUR Platinum save file work."

And didn't you notice your save wasn't quite the right size?

By putting the save file back into your cart, you destroyed the correct save file, wich means we can't help you.

I did notice that sticky, read it and found it wasn't appropriate for my problem. As bobert has mentioned, my save WAS the right size. What were you saying again? Something about assumptions?

Thank you for your help bobert. I have gotten the fixed file back from randomcouchpotato. Unfortunately, some things which aren't editable in Pokesav (Hall of Fame, Pokédex, overworld stuff, VS Recorder videos) was unable to be restored. However, the file is working normally again and I can access my Pokémon, so I will trade them to my Pearl and restart my Platinum. While I haven't gotten my ideal solution, having my Pokémon back is good enough.

I'm definitely going to keep a backup copy before any editing from now on! (I used to, but Pokesav was never damaging my save so I no longer thought it was necessary.) I wonder what caused the file to get glitched?

Well, at least you were able to keep your Pokémon.

I guess the problem is solved now.

And how could I know your save file size? bobert posted AFTER me.

Moral of the story? Be cautious with save editors (especially Pokésav.)

• 5 months later...
The reason why it's not working is because you are usin th wrong pokesav. Pokemon platinum requires a different pokesav made specially for platinum. The normal one only works with diamond and pearl

"I was on Pokesav for Platinum editing my Platinum save file."