POKESTOCK 11.6 Translation Project (JPN->ENG)

NahuelDS

PokeStock 11.6

Hello guys

I found this tool searching in Google and it´s awesome!. I mean, it has everything you need to edit 3rd and 4th gen save files

Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen :cool:

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver

The only problem is that it´s in japanese :frown: (since it´s a brand new uptade).

I remembered having the v6.4 in English... so I think that if someone that has acknowledgement of Japanese and soft hacking made a translation it will be great!!

This is the project website:

This is the download link:

PASSWORD: amu

It took me a hell of time to found this password... I spend a whole day searching in the PokeStock ugly Japanese forum in order to found it. I didn´t upload this tool because I don´t want to break any rules, (I´m in Emuforums and the guys are very strict about this things... fools). If it´s ok uploading this tool... let me know it.

I managed to translate some txt files of this tool, but I couldn’t make them to fit in the GUI interface that the program have.

I attached the txt that are translated by me or don´t need translation, and the others txt files that need translation. This txt files goes into the "POKEMAIN" folder.

Sorry for my bad english.

(I open these thread in these two sections: Save Editing and Save Research & Development, because I don´t know which is the proper one... sorry)

DONT NEED Translation.zip

NEED Translation.zip

DONT NEED Translation.zip

NEED Translation.zip

Edited by Guested

I also have the 6.4 version translated by GSD. It came in handy a couple times since there's no other GBA save editors that I know of; however it being another poorly made program by a Japanese guy really turned me off.

Still, this is a good find that could be useful.

Can I put GBA event pokes(.pkm) into my FireRed save using this? If not maybe there is other program which can do this?

The GBA event downloads should be GBA events migrated to the DS games, & thus should count as DS Pokemon. That should mean it wouldn't be possible, unless a way was made to get DS Pokemon into the GBA games. But since you can already do the opposite way officially, & the DS games are much better ones, unless you really wanaa use them in the GBA games, there's no real reason to do that.

The GBA event downloads should be GBA events migrated to the DS games, & thus should count as DS Pokemon. That should mean it wouldn't be possible, unless a way was made to get DS Pokemon into the GBA games. But since you can already do the opposite way officially, & the DS games are much better ones, unless you really wanaa use them in the GBA games, there's no real reason to do that.

If I hadn't had a reason i wouldn't have written about this -. - I just want to have GBA event on my GBA save IS THIS TRULY HARD TO UNDERSTAND? I;m just asking if this is possible

Hey MasterX, how about relaxing with the caps lock there?

I was working on my own program for converting from GBA to DS, and in the process, was planning to write a program to convert from DS to GBA, just because no one else had done it yet. So unless you're willing to wait for me, I don't think such a program exists yet.

Well, it's still possible to do the conversion, but some things have to be taken into account, like the new Abilities, Moves, and Items, which would be handled on a case-by-case basis I guess. As for the met location, I'm a bit rusty on the details, but I think it's possible to just generate a new met location based on the target game... or else I think something along the lines of "Link Trade" would work, if that location exists in the GBA (which IIRC it does).

But like I said, I'm a bit rusty on the details.

I am as well, but even if there is some kind of generic met location like link trade, I don't believe people would find that helpful. If you think about it the whole reason anybody would want to revert their NDS pokemon back is to get them to some kind of "untouched" state. Filling in the blanks with generic information really isn't in that same spirit.

I think it would be possible to do this, but not without being able to remember a few crucial details about the pokemon before it was migrated.

I think that is more important the GBA to NDS pkm conversion. I broke my ass in order to catch all the pokes in the 3rd gen versions. I don´t want to do it again in the NDS games!! hehehe.

No, seriusly... NDS to GBA conversion, I don´t think that someone need that. But it´s only my opinion.

Let's forget about NDS to GBA conversion because it's kind of pointless... What do you think about this: Let's say some people still have GBA saves with untouched GBA events. It is possible to just extract event pokes in .gpk format or whatever and then everyone will can have GBA events in theirs GBA saves? Or this can't be done with pokebox etc. ?

I wouldn't be quite that harsh, I'd love to have something like that. I just don't think it's particularly possible.

As for you two going on about GBA>NDS. Pal park? Hello? You can even do it in an emulator now.

EDIT: Yeah a program would be nice from a saving-time perspective, and that's more than enough reason to do it, but it's not impossible to do without -- for any of you.

Edited by Poryhack

As for you two going on about GBA>NDS. Pal park? Hello? You can even do it in an emulator now.

I don´t think so... because to use palpark you have to "recreate" your GBA pokemon in pokesav.

It will be great to figure out a way to convert gpk (GBA pokemon files created in PokeStock or Enciclopedia Pokemon) into pkmn files. I mean... a tool that reads the data from the gpk file and "recreates" the pokemon using only the available data from the GBA games.

For example: you can conserve all the EV, IV, Nature data… but you can´t conserve the “meeting place”… so the pokemon should have “kanto region”, “hoenn region” for example.

Yes, that is exactly what I was doing with the program I was working on. The only things I needed to work out, IIRC, were the trash bytes and Fateful Encounter.

Actually, I was considering learning how to properly write to a GBA save file to truly extract (and remove) the Pokémon from the GBA save, to emulate the Pal Park as closely as possible, but I pretty much gave up on that one (for now at least).

Actually, I was considering learning how to properly write to a GBA save file to truly extract (and remove) the Pokémon from the GBA save, to emulate the Pal Park as closely as possible, but I pretty much gave up on that one (for now at least).

You have to talk to Julian_89_, he is the man. He have done already that with his application "Enciclopedia Pokemon", you could ask him for the source code.

The only things I needed to work out, IIRC, were the trash bytes and Fateful Encounter.

Sorry, let me ask you if I understand correctly. You have problems to generate the trash bytes for each pokemon name? I ask you this because if you "convert" a pokemon with incorrect trash bytes... pokesav can fixed it for you. Or am I wrong?

Sorry for my bad English

If I understand right, you actually can find and extract the data of a pokemon in a save file of GBA games (anyway, let me know if you need help in this part, Bulbapedia have some information wrong or missed) and the only thing missing is how the game truly make the conversion to have a really legit NDS pokemon. Well, I plan to do some experiments for that, since NahuelDS spoke with me. I suppose what any information we find, could be commented, I hope that you make your own program, how I hope to make the me (in spanish, of course).

However, I don't understand why, you guys, make this type of programs separately, e.g. Mystery Gift Editor, 136 <-> 236 Pokémon Converter, Item Editor, etc. Why don't make its for the PPSE?.

PD: If you wanna throw a look to Enciclopedia Pokemon, you can use the translation of KazoWAR (I mean, if you don't see that): http://www.mediafire.com/?0gmiezri2d1

FYI, converting a Pokémon from GBA to NDS is mostly very easy; the data structures are similar in many respects, although a lot of values must be converted to a new index system.

However, I don't understand why, you guys, make this type of programs separately, e.g. Mystery Gift Editor, 136 <-> 236 Pokémon Converter, Item Editor, etc. Why don't make its for the PPSE?.

Well, all of the programs that I've written have been based on a library that I've slowly added to and reconfigured over the course of about a year and a half. The idea was to release the library and then anyone could remake any of those programs easily, or create something of their own. However, it's been some time since I've added anything to it, and it seems Chase's library has the capacity to far outpace mine. :D

As for PPSE, when Jiggy-Ninja was actively working on it he was assimilating a lot of my programs' interface and functionality (actually moreso SCV and Sabresite's awesome ideas, source code, and various other resources) to make PPSE the ultimate Pokémon save editor. Unfortunately, he has not been seen or heard from in some time. :(

• 3 weeks later...