Pokémon Mystery Gift Editor (v1.4.3) (now with B/W support!)

Grovyle91

Lol, 8M save file?

How does the DSTT work anyway? Do you manually set the save type?

The game is supposed to work with either Flash 2M or Flash 4M.

If the DSTT makers decided to put 8M save files on HG/SS, then they officially suck.

The savelist.bin in DSTT automatically changes the size of some save files in order for the games to work normally, usually Pokemon and Zelda games. Otherwise, you won't able to save in game. Anyhow, DSTT is dying and that's why I bought a Acekard 2i. Surprising, the old save in DSTT works in Akekard 2i too, that's why I didn't bother to create a new game.

Yet, I still unable to access the Pokemon Mystery Gift Editor even though I snipped away the extra parts. Did I do it wrongly?

So, you got an AK2i?

If you haven't, download AKAIO 1.6RC2.

If it doesn't change the save file to 4M, go in this game's options and change save type to 4M manually.

If that still doesn't work, use an hex editor or anything like that to cut down the size.

can someone help me xD? i put a TRU Arceus wonder card on a SS version and when I check the card says: You have already received this gift before...

oh btw, i don't use AR, i update my save :/

nevermind, i found the answer reading the whole topic D: the card shows up like used, but the green man still give you the pkmns : D

Edited by xbrosss

Well... It's the old Windows Classic theme in every Windows OS since Windows 95, but I call it the Win98 look. Personally I hate that theme..... Win7 ftw! :P
I dont agree :grog:

I am the french translator of Pokesav, and some users tell me they also use your work.

I should want to translate your prog if I can, the same way I have translated the 3 versions of Pokesav (you can see the result here : http://pokesav-gruntz.blogspot.com/ )

I download the 1.4 beta 3 and try to run it on the old XP SP3 that I run in virtual mode on my Linux PC (I havent native Windows anymore, I'm quite free :cool: ). But I encounter this error message :

capture14nj.png

Can you tell me what I need to add to my old XP to make your program working (.net framework ? silverlight ? media player ? IE ? anything else ?).

Then, I try to see inside the code with the same tools I used on Pokesav (ie. Resource Hacker and Hex editor), and there is no standard resources (generated from .rc files at compile time) that I can translate in the .exe file. How can I work :(

Which language do you use ?

Have you some form description source file ? Some data table in readable form that I can use ?

Have you some source components that I can translate for you to giving language choice to user at run time (I have do this way in the past for Advance Map ; http://luho.kilu.de/am/ ) ?

If you agree with my project, you can tell me how at "gruntz / at / sharkmail / dot / ws"

Thank's for attention :smile: and sorry for my English :\

GruntZ

You need the .NET framework.

It says so in the first post actually.

"This program is written in C# and you'll need .NET Framework 2.0 in order to run it."

Thank you, I'll read with more attention next time :redface: .

Then, I think the prog is made with Visual Studio; can you confirm ?

How can I help you to translate the GUI and textual datas ?

With this kind of development tool, it isn't easy to expose only parts of the source code; can you consider to free the code (aka. Open Source) to let more developper help you improve, correct and translate your work ?

GruntZ

Hi guys!

I'm sorry I've been absent last month... I didn't find the time to work on the program (mainly because of my own copy of SoulSilver, some fanfics (reading over ~400k words and more than ~10 stories...), prepairing to reinstall Windows 7 here (unattended, it consumes VERY MUCH time and it still won't work as I want it), scripting in PHP, school, msn, skype...). Sometimes I need a break from something, otherwise I'll get a black out or something...

Pingouin, thanks for answering some questions during my absence.

GruntZ, yes, this program is made in Visual Studio, 2008 to be exact.

The newer version is made in Visual Studio 2010, .NET Framework 3.0 will be required. However, I'm thinking about dropping the whole WPF concept since it's not natively supported by Windows XP (the whole GUI is screwed up, I figured last week). So I'm not sure, may be I'll seperate the GUI for WinXP and Vista+, but then again... it will take some time... :(

Regarding translating the program, I'm not against that concept. I'll implement some function that it gets the translation from some text file, so that the whole program doesn't need to be recompiled. However, open source is something I have considered. Although it will be much easier with SVN, but I'm not an expert in this (read "a complete noob") :P. I've seen that Visual Studio has some function to support SVN within Visual Studio itself, but then again, I don't know how this works.

And then for everyone, I'm still working on the Action Replay export and some more... I need another day or so to get these things straight and to pick up the project.

Grtzz!!

Grovyle91

Thank you for your reply.

GruntZ, yes, this program is made in Visual Studio, 2008 to be exact.
I have disassembled with Reflector.FileDisassembler, and find the string that need to be translated :( They're dispersed in the whole source code; too much work to translate and maintain translation across versions.
The newer version is made in Visual Studio 2010, .NET Framework 3.0 will be required.
Sad news (for me); I _hate_ Object Oriented Language. I, however, preferred that you return to a previous version, with a real language like C. ;)
Regarding translating the program, I'm not against that concept. I'll implement some function that it gets the translation from some text file, so that the whole program doesn't need to be recompiled. However, open source is something I have considered. Although it will be much easier with SVN, but I'm not an expert in this (read "a complete noob") :P. I've seen that Visual Studio has some function to support SVN within Visual Studio itself, but then again, I don't know how this works.
Microsoft tools like visual Studio arent the natural choice for mixing with Open Source tools like SVN (they're more friendly with MS SourceSafe).

But SVN repository isn't the only way to place de source code under Open Source Licence, and have guys to helps you improve your work.

I don't know if it is possible with Visual Studio, and how this platform can manage multi lingual resources; but if you can extract and post .rc source file (the forms layout definition, including labels texts), some "enum" objetcs text files and messages files; I can translate and retrun the french result.

However, you've made a very good job !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I may have found a bug. when I try to put any mystery gift and wonder card from file into my game, my game thinks that the gift had already been received, even though that I didn't even get the gift yet. is that a bug in the program, or could it be that USA HeartGold and SoulSilver hasn't been configured yet to work perfectly?

- Soldjermon

I think I may have found a bug. when I try to put any mystery gift and wonder card from file into my game, my game thinks that the gift had already been received, even though that I didn't even get the gift yet. is that a bug in the program, or could it be that USA HeartGold and SoulSilver hasn't been configured yet to work perfectly?

- Soldjermon

Actually that happends with everyone, you need to fill in the Mystery Gift ID's that matches the WC's. However even doing it this way can make some of the WC's say that you received the gift before and some saying otherwise, its not a bug or anything like that it also happends with Pokesav as well.

Actually that happends with everyone, you need to fill in the Mystery Gift ID's that matches the WC's. However even doing it this way can make some of the WC's say that you received the gift before and some saying otherwise, its not a bug or anything like that it also happends with Pokesav as well.

I even tried it that way, and it still says that my gift had already been received. it looks like the mystery gift corresponding number only goes up to 3, while the wonder card ID goes up to infinity... I think. maybe that could be the reason why it's doing that?

- Soldjermon