Pokémon Mystery Gift Editor (v1.4.3) (now with B/W support!)

Grovyle91

Then I don't know why mine is different... maybe it's the US/EU difference? (I assume you use the US version, as I'm using the EU version)

Otherwise I'm clueless... :\

Not sure... though I don't see why the EU versions would use one while the North American would use another. Could it be possible that the version the WC was recieved on could impact the code? Like, if the Ranger and PBR WCs originally for download from Pokesav.org were ripped from a Diamond or Pearl cart. I have no idea, personally... but maybe the WC broadcast by PBR and Ranger changes if it senses a Platinum game. Which version did you take your Ranger WCs from?

Not sure... though I don't see why the EU versions would use one while the North American would use another. Could it be possible that the version the WC was recieved on could impact the code? Like, if the Ranger and PBR WCs originally for download from Pokesav.org were ripped from a Diamond or Pearl cart. I have no idea, personally... but maybe the WC broadcast by PBR and Ranger changes if it senses a Platinum game. Which version did you take your Ranger WCs from?

I've downloaded the events to my Diamond, as Platinum didn't exist by then. I just saw that I had saved the gifts somewhere on my sd card as back-up, I've included them ;)

Don't mind the NL tag :P I had added that to compare these with the US ones a long time ago.

Just some more time before I've finished version 1.4 final!

I'll show you a screenshot so you can get used to it :D

screenshotpmgev14final.th.png

I'm redesigning it completely and I'd like to hear if this main screen is better than the current. But please don't ask when it will be released, because I don't know yet.

Grtzz!!

PR2 Events.zip

PR2 Events.zip

As far as I know the AR codes are the same as Pokesav. I don't know much about AR codes myself, but I'm convinced it should work. Are there more people having trouble with the codes?

I will try it again later on and see if I might have done something wrong

That version looks great. Before, the background image clashed completely and blinded me (until I realized that there was a option to turn it off.) Now, I don't have to remove the BG in order to see everything.

Btw, are the buttons permanently in that color? And is there still an option to turn off the BG when the desire arises?

That version looks great. Before, the background image clashed completely and blinded me (until I realized that there was a option to turn it off.) Now, I don't have to remove the BG in order to see everything.

Btw, are the buttons permanently in that color? And is there still an option to turn off the BG when the desire arises?

Yeah, some other people also have trouble with it I figured (including myself sometimes). But the groupboxes have a semi-transparent color now :) so that the text is definately more readable.

The buttons have that color permanently (regardless if the OS is WinXP or Win7), it's a feature in WPF, I can give every control a style, e.g. I can give the buttons more roundings or it can be an ellipse entirely, give it another color, etc.. For now the only controls which don't have another style, are the checkboxes and listboxes.

I don't know if this style is well readable for someone who's color blind or something though.

This background is now the standard background for every window in the program. For easier readings however, there's always a semi-transparent color hovering it.

For now there's no option to turn the background off, if it's wanted however I'll add it back ;)

heyy may you plz tell me how i can use this?? i rly want the pikcahu colored pichu

please and thank you

If you know how to use Pokesav, this should be no problem as this layout and its workings are based on Pokesav's Mystery Gift Editor.

Edited by Grovyle91
some grammer fix :)

I have been playing around with the editor a bit and ran into 2 problems.

Dragging a .sav file on the exe produces an error.

error1s.png

In the Mystery Gift related Editor window. I can add a value but as soon as I click OK i get an error.

error2i.png

Pokesav does not support german letters like Ü,Ä,Ö and ß and does not only screw wondercards it also screws pokemon names and trainername if these letters are in there. So far the Mistery Gift Editor seems not to do anything like that.

Very nice work I'm looking forward to see this one fully working.

I have been playing around with the editor a bit and ran into 2 problems.

Dragging a .sav file on the exe produces an error.

error1s.png

In the Mystery Gift related Editor window. I can add a value but as soon as I click OK i get an error.

error2i.png

Ah... it has something to do with the gifts that's causing this bug. But I don't know for sure...

Can I have your save file to take a look?

I try again using Soul Silver to get the Pokewalker event Yellow Forest and it still does not work so far non of the codes for any Pokewalker works at this time

Only the Pokéwalker doesn't work? Hmm... strange...

I'm sorry I'm not an ARDS expert. I hope someone else comes with a solution :\

A new version came out! Version 1.4 bèta 3 contains 2 bugfixes. Thanks to Liras for reporting them.

This fixes a problem when using the Mystery Gift related editor for D/P saves, and dropping a save file on the executable.

There'll be no final version until it's completely rewritten for WPF, only new bètas which contains bugfixes if needed.

Changelog

• Fixed an "index out of range" error that occoured when editing something in the MG related editor in a D/P save
  • Fixed a problem when dropping a save file on the executable

I'll release the next version after the EU games of HG/SS are released with support for both US and EU Action Replay support for HG/SS.

Grtzz!!

March 25~26?! That's such a long time. :<

Grovyle91, do the AR codes generated by the MGE work flawlessly? I read somewhere on this thread that the AR codes were bugged or something.

March 25~26?! That's such a long time. :<

Grovyle91, do the AR codes generated by the MGE work flawlessly? I read somewhere on this thread that the AR codes were bugged or something.

I know... but I'm quite busy right now. I've many tests at school the next 2 weeks :(

I cannot work on the development every day.

Well, as far as I know the AR codes are the same as Pokesav. So I'm convinced it should work.

But when I add support for HG/SS, I'll take a look at it again if it's correct though.

Right now I'm changing the way how the editing works when you only edit gifts and/or cards without a save file.

Grtzz!!

Is there a way I can make it so I haven't done the event already? I already did the Notched Ear Pichu event so I can't take a Pikachu Colored Pichu to Ilex Forest and get another one, but since my current one is kind of messed up i'd like to do the quest again.

ARDS output seems not to work at all for me...

I go in Save File mode so I can input a pcd and pgt file without loading a save file.

Then I load said files and go in ARDS output. I choose the version and region, but the outputted .xml doesn't have anything in it.