The Legality Question/Check Thread

Metalbear

• 4 weeks later...

I've been working on a Living Dex for every generation of GB/GBA/DS/3DS games from 1 to 7, and I admit to using PkHeX to generate those I can't catch in my chosen versions, though they are all as legit as possible and aren't tripping any hack-flags. My question regards the OTs and ID numbers. If a Pokemon in, say, UltraSun is flagged as being from UltraMoon and isn't marked as an egg but still has my UltraSun OT and ID, is this going to set something off when I send them to Bank and then to HOME?

Edited by Maetch

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Nounours said:

Bonjour je suis nouveaux sur PKHEX j'aimerai ajouté des pokémon de ma partit sur le home sa me met erreur 10015 comment pouvoir la contourné si ces possible merci 

This is an english forums, please write in english language accordingly. Use a translator if needed.

Anyways, this FAQ should answer to your questions.

image.png

For more info about the HOME tracker, please read this article:

Is cloning a mon considered legal? For example, if I transfer a Calyrex from Sword to Scarlet via HOME, then duplicate it in PkHex, will HOME flag it as illegal if I send back only one copy of Calyrex in HOME?

E.g.:

• Calyrex A and B in S/V game(s)
  • One of both in HOME, the other in a S/V game

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, new poster here. I have a Shiny Typhlosion that I've carried from Heartgold all the way to Ultra Moon. I'm planning to transfer it to Violet soon, but PKHex has flagged it. I don't want to risk being banned from Home or Switch Online, so I thought I'd ask for any tips here. I've made modifications in the past, so that's probably what's getting flagged. Any tips on what I should be trying to fix? Generating new PIDs hasn't helped much.

Invalid: Encounter Type PID mismatch.
===

Valid Move 1: Learned by TM/HM.
Valid Move 2: Learned by Level-up.
Valid Move 3: Learned by Level-up.
Valid Move 4: Learned by TM/HM.
Valid Relearn Move 1: Valid.
Valid Relearn Move 2: Valid.
Valid Relearn Move 3: Valid.
Valid Relearn Move 4: Valid.

Fishy: 2 EVs remaining.
Valid: Valid gift/static encounter.
Valid: Nickname does not match another species name.
Valid: Current level is not below met level.
Valid: All ribbons accounted for.
Valid: Ability matches ability number.
Valid: Correct ball for encounter type.
Valid: Form is Valid.
Valid: Form argument is valid.
Valid: Gender matches PID.
Valid: Nature matches PID.
Valid: Geolocation: Country is in 3DS region.
===

Encounter Type: Static Encounter (HGSS) (Cyndaquil)
PID Type: None

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again Project Pokemon Community

I'm trying to recreate the Secret ID of the attached Pokémon because it was wrongly modified in the past. Secret ID, IV and characteristics are not the original ones. I have only the right OT, ID, nature, game version, place and original level. Are the values I have enough to recreate the modified ones? Could someone give me a hand on this one or give me some steps for fix it?

0092 ★ - ゴース - CC9D68F168F1.pk4

Edited by Blunern

When I try to generate a Gen 9 Vivillon with an Archipelago Pattern, I get the error message "Invalid: Unable to match an encounter from the origin game." The met location is one where Vivillon spawn, and the met level matches the level of the spawns. The only reason I can think of for why it returns an error message is that I would need to tell PKHeX that there was an active postcard effect, and if there's a way to do that, I don't know it.

3 hours ago, KiriK said:

When I try to generate a Gen 9 Vivillon with an Archipelago Pattern, I get the error message "Invalid: Unable to match an encounter from the origin game." The met location is one where Vivillon spawn, and the met level matches the level of the spawns. The only reason I can think of for why it returns an error message is that I would need to tell PKHeX that there was an active postcard effect, and if there's a way to do that, I don't know it.

Upload said file.

4 minutes ago, KiriK said:

Creating things from scratch is a bad idea; Vivillon cannot be wild captured with a Normal tera type.

Familiarize yourself with the Encounter Database, and create new things from the templates in there. Manually modifying something else into what you want requires you to make all the necessary changes, which you didn't do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From what I can understand PKHeX uses Wishmaker Jirachi Reverse Method 1 to calculate PID for Gen 3 events like 10ANNIV mons, Aura Mew or Space C Deoxys. At least as long as I use that method they are always legal according to PKHeX. Has this method been confirmed as the one used for Gen 3 events? Because I had a brief read of this thread from years ago and there doesn't seem to be a clear answer.

• 2 months later...

Hello. Can someone help me understand what this Origin Seed (X) means? Pkhex says it's legal, but I fear it might not, as there is an X on the origin seed. I fear I might've generated an illegal pokemon. I used RNG Reporter to get this Ice Hidden Power Raichu. 

image.png

21 minutes ago, GateauGato said:

Hello. Can someone help me understand what this Origin Seed (X) means? Pkhex says it's legal, but I fear it might not, as there is an X on the origin seed. I fear I might've generated an illegal pokemon. I used RNG Reporter to get this Ice Hidden Power Raichu. 

image.png

Pikachu appears on encounter slots 9 and 11; the PID/IV you tried to apply does not yield any encounters (Method H-4) with slot 9 or 11.

The program currently has a setting to treat invalid slot checks for gen3 as "Fishy" as it has not been thoroughly tested; in this case it appears the program is correct in flagging it as invalid.

11 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Pikachu appears on encounter slots 9 and 11; the PID/IV you tried to apply does not yield any encounters (Method H-4) with slot 9 or 11.

The program currently has a setting to treat invalid slot checks for gen3 as "Fishy" as it has not been thoroughly tested; in this case it appears the program is correct in flagging it as invalid.

Is there a way I can solve this? I want my Raichu to be as legal as possible so I can transfer it to the newer games and it is not detected as illegal. 

I'm using RNG Reporter, the Pikachu was caught in FireRed's Viridian forest. I used Method 4 to edit this one. Should I have used Method H-4 instead? 

3 hours ago, GateauGato said:

Is there a way I can solve this? I want my Raichu to be as legal as possible so I can transfer it to the newer games and it is not detected as illegal. 

I'm using RNG Reporter, the Pikachu was caught in FireRed's Viridian forest. I used Method 4 to edit this one. Should I have used Method H-4 instead? 

Wild Pokemon in Gen3 need to follow one of the H-# correlations and appear with their slot number, otherwise there is no way to encounter a PIDIV on that species. If you find a Method 4 spread, it needs to have H4 frames with the slots 9 or 11.

On 3/30/2024 at 11:27 AM, Kaphotics said:

Wild Pokemon in Gen3 need to follow one of the H-# correlations and appear with their slot number, otherwise there is no way to encounter a PIDIV on that species. If you find a Method 4 spread, it needs to have H4 frames with the slots 9 or 11.

It worked. Thank you! I'm still not sure what an Encounter Slot is or how it works, I just tweaked around in RNG Reporter but it seems to have solved the problem.

image.thumb.png.d8f088f4d6b4774c2704a894bb12b14f.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using a Gen 7 save to edit/copy a Pokemon to get each of the starters with their Hidden Ability in each ball. For all of the Gen 2-5 starters, the Dusk, Heal and Quick Balls get the message "Invalid: Can't obtain Hidden Ability with Ball". I think that should be legal through breeding, and everything else (including Hidden Ability in Apriballs) passes or fails as expected for Gen 7.

I've attached 2 versions of basically identical Chimchar - one in a Luxury Ball that shows as legal, one in a Dusk Ball that doesn't.

0390 - Chimchar - 509E3F34F992 - Luxury.pk7 0390 - Chimchar - 50A03F34F992 - Dusk.pk7