How to use Japanese text in Pokesav!

but that sort or corny for someone who would believe I have a real japanese pokemon with an english name as I remember , for english there only 5 word for the english writing , can xeo teach how to use this program ??? I've tried looking for Japanese translator , but most of them are incorrect and some doesn't work

to use it??

have you read the instruction??

it's actually very easy ...

you just write something like

baka ... and it will show the "katakana" or "hiragana" .. and from that, you can convert it to "kanji" .. but i don't think japanese pokemon use kanji .. it could be katakana ., because that's the "word" that they use for "english-->japanese" ..

somthin like gundam-->gundamu ^^ ... because the japanese doesn't have "m" word .. but they have "mu" ^^

it's pretty easy to use it , dude

just try it first , and after that .. give some comment ...

anyway to use the program you need to know a little bit about the "romaji" ...

or if you don't ... just use the best feature in the program , dictionary ^^

but that sort or corny for someone who would believe I have a real japanese pokemon with an english name as I remember , for english there only 5 word for the english writing , can xeo teach how to use this program ??? I've tried looking for Japanese translator , but most of them are incorrect and some doesn't work

If you want to get it right (i.e. literal English to Japanese), you can try

1) Doing the phonetics translation yourself. If so, this site will give you the rudiments of what you need to do.

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjnames2.html

Once you think you're up to it, type in the name in Romaji (the Japanese name in English letters) here.

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjnamesp.html

This server can only generate names in katakana. If you really want hiragana, you'll have to use something else.

2)If the name is fairly common, then this name dictionary might help.

http://www.takase.com/Names/NameInJapaneseP.htm

Just a heads up, the Japanese language doesn't have a lot of standalone consonants (i.e. non-vowels like b,j,h,c).

This should be no problem if the consonant is followed by a vowel (i.e. ra,do,ya,ki), but sometimes, it isn't the case.

So you'll need to use the characters which are consonant + 'u'. The consonant 's' would then be 'su' in Romaji. 'B' would be 'bu', 'y' would be 'yu'.

'L' would be 'ru', because the language doesn't have the letter L, using 'r' instead, and 'v' would usually be 'bu', as there is no 'v' in Japanese. 'T' is a little fiddly, you can either use 'ch' + vowel or 'te'. 'Tsu' is not really a good idea, because of the 's' sound.

An example: Sylar would be Sairaru in Romaji. The site should be able to help you from here.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Jayc

to use it??

have you read the instruction??

it's actually very easy ...

you just write something like

baka ... and it will show the "katakana" or "hiragana" .. and from that, you can convert it to "kanji" .. but i don't think japanese pokemon use kanji .. it could be katakana ., because that's the "word" that they use for "english-->japanese" ..

somthin like gundam-->gundamu ^^ ... because the japanese doesn't have "m" word .. but they have "mu" ^^

it's pretty easy to use it , dude

just try it first , and after that .. give some comment ...

anyway to use the program you need to know a little bit about the "romaji" ...

or if you don't ... just use the best feature in the program , dictionary ^^

There's absolutely no Kanji in Pokemon. It'll all Hiragana and KAtakana, thankfully, since that's all I know so far.

I think Jayc has the right idea. It's better to learn the basics of Katakana and Hiragana yourself so that you don't have to rely on an automated program that could make mistakes.

One final note, when phonetically transcribing foreign words into Japanese kana, it's always Katakana that's used. Hiragana is used for native words of the language.

Also, the Gundam example is more properly transcribed as ガンダム (Gandamu) rather than Gundamu, since the "u" vowels always sound like the "oo" in "poo".

Remember, you're transcribing the pronunciation, not the spelling.

EDIT:

Just a heads up, the Japanese language doesn't have a lot of standalone consonants (i.e. non-vowels like b,j,h,c).

It's better to say that the Japanese language doesn't have any stand-alone consonants. All of them must be paired with a vowel.

The only exception is ん (ン), which represents a nasal sound similar to our "n" or "m", depending on which consonant follows it.

Also, the Gundam example is more properly transcribed as ガンダム (Gandamu) rather than Gundamu, since the "u" vowels always sound like the "oo" in "poo".

aaaww my bad .. thx for your correction .. :)

• 1 month later...

I have an easier way to make pokemon of that language but i'm not exactly sure if it will work.

Alright, see how Project Pokemon's Pokedex has every language including Japanese. Go to the Japanese Pokedex and find the Pokemon you want. Just recognise the pokemon you want by the sprite next to the Japanese name. After that click on the pokemon you want, an then copy and paste its name onto Pokesav.

• 2 weeks later...
I have an easier way to make pokemon of that language but i'm not exactly sure if it will work.

Alright, see how Project Pokemon's Pokedex has every language including Japanese. Go to the Japanese Pokedex and find the Pokemon you want. Just recognise the pokemon you want by the sprite next to the Japanese name. After that click on the pokemon you want, an then copy and paste its name onto Pokesav.

I've tried that it doesn't work. In the game, the Pokemon's name is all question marks (??????)

Awesome topic. I am not sure if I needed this to load up and make modifications (not to its name) to the Nintendo Zone Jirachi, but this is still great to have.

Is there any way for people to be able to use Japanese characters on Pokesav on a Mac...? Probably not, but I thought I'd ask.

I don't see how you would be using Pokesav on a Mac anyway. There isn't a Mac version out there, right? All I remember seeing was the EXE file which is a Windows application, of course. That being said, I guess you would need BootCamp and have Windows XP/Vista on as the second operating system. Once you have either of those, you would just follow the steps in the first post and be good to go.

Nope. You've got to take the steps in the first post. Once you do, then this will work. You would also need to set the Pokemon's region to JPN, I'd think.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so, i hope this is the right place for my question (i'm sorry if not, i'm new in this board^^').

i've got pokesav and applocale, but i don't know how i can write symbols like a heart (♥) without that pokesav makes it to a question mark. i need that because i've got a pokemon, which has a heart in its OT.

(well, sorry for my bad english btw^^")

so, i hope this is the right place for my question (i'm sorry if not, i'm new in this board^^').

i've got pokesav and applocale, but i don't know how i can write symbols like a heart (♥) without that pokesav makes it to a question mark. i need that because i've got a pokemon, which has a heart in its OT.

(well, sorry for my bad english btw^^")

For the heart go into start, then click run, then type in charmap and press enter, and then find the heart, click it then click copy, then I think you should be able to just paste it into the thing :)

(if it is this you want: ♥)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This should be the correct link for AppLocale: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=13209

This might also be useful (language packs for Win7 that don't require the DVD): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/languages

...Japanese is only available for the Ultimate or Enterprise editions of Win7 it seems (WTF).