Difference in PPSE and Pokesav?

Luigi37

So, what's the difference between these two programs? I've been using Pokesav for a few weeks now, finding my way around it to "enhance" my gaming experience if you know what i mean. But I was taking a look at the main website and saw PPSE? It sounds very similar, so I was wondering what the difference is. Are they virtually the same, just competitors, or does one do something entirely different than the other?

I saw that PPSE does more with Pokedex entries of hacked Pokemon...but is that it?

So then what's the popular verdict on which to choose? Or perhaps I should download both of them?

Well, Pokesav is tried and true, and has a more complicated interface that can be confusing. PPSE is rather new, and still in development, although you can expect far more updates from it.

You should get both, as they're free, and use the one you like best. However, for HGSS support, PPSE is going to support it fully much sooner then Pokesav will.

With pokesav you can edit pokemon, mystery gifts, a few event flags, your basic trainer info, records, and items... with PPSE, in addition to everything pokesav will do we will have BETTER support for pokemon editing, berry location, honey tree location, hall of fame, and other additional things in the save file.

Also you will be able to move from party to pal park to day care to box, etc without errors.

With pokesav you can edit pokemon, mystery gifts, a few event flags, your basic trainer info, records, and items... with PPSE, in addition to everything pokesav will do we will have BETTER support for pokemon editing, berry location, honey tree location, hall of fame, and other additional things in the save file.

Also you will be able to move from party to pal park to day care to box, etc without errors.

So when can we expect a release compatible with heart and soul?