Favorite Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Generation?

wrathsoffire76

Favorite Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Generation?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Generation?

• PMD: Red/Blue Rescue Team
    • PMD: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
    • PMD: Gates To Infinity
    • Super Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Red Rescue Team. Across all my current carts, I have over 500 hours of play time. I only played Time/Darkness after. I played Gates to Infinity for a week or less after release and despised it. I haven't got to the new one yet. Or the Wii games. 

I've been trying to 100% them all. I recruited every Pokemon to my team to complete the adventure log but I never spotted Munchlax. I only have 1 other entry log and it's for "making every Pokemon leader." which I'm saving for last. 

2 hours ago, Ruby Genseki said:

I've heard GTI's not that good.

It's just so awful. If you like the Mystery Dunegon Franchise, I highly suggest Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer (hardcore), Etrian Mystery Dungeon (Intermediary) or just regular old PMD: Red/Blue Rescue or Time/Darkness/Sky. I haven't played the newest one but GTI isn't worth the plastic that makes up the cart.

GTI's actually pretty good, it's just that the others overshadow it, and there's some minor things getting in the way of it meeting its true potential. Namely, the lack of playable Pokemon and the text speed.

PSMD fixes most of those problems.

1 hour ago, evandixon said:

and there's some minor things getting in the way of it meeting its true potential. Namely, the lack of playable Pokemon and the text speed.

That's exactly what I didn't like even before reading any critics, the lack of Pokémon. I liked to play as Meowth, Eevee or Riolu, so not having them as playable Mons was pretty underwhelming for me.

31 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

That's exactly what I didn't like even before reading any critics, the lack of Pokémon. I liked to play as Meowth, Eevee or Riolu, so not having them as playable Mons was pretty underwhelming for me.

Don't let that keep you from the story or gameplay. As always, those are pretty good.

9 hours ago, Ruby Genseki said:

I remember there being a lack of playable mons. The dungeons were all just rectangular rooms and hallways.

The stupid way you have to attack, not being able to wake up or faint sleeping Pokemon. I remember they changed or removed features of the wonder mail system or other things. There were so many things I hated, I took it out of my 3DS and never touched it again. 

40 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

I remember there being a lack of playable mons. The dungeons were all just rectangular rooms and hallways.

The stupid way you have to attack, not being able to wake up or faint sleeping Pokemon. I remember they changed or removed features of the wonder mail system or other things. There were so many things I hated, I took it out of my 3DS and never touched it again. 

I never played this game. I got the demo and I didn't really like the gimmick of having to use the 3DS camera to look for a circle.

45 minutes ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

I got the demo and I didn't really like the gimmick of having to use the 3DS camera to look for a circle.

That's not really a part of the gameplay though. It's something you can do if you're bored, but there's a few other modes you can use, such as story mode and companion mode. Companion mode is where you can play as one of your team members when the main party is on an adventure, so you can go on in-game rescues and build up Paradise.

1 minute ago, evandixon said:

That's not really a part of the gameplay though. It's something you can do if you're bored, but there's a few other modes you can use, such as story mode and companion mode. Companion mode is where you can play as one of your team members when the main party is on an adventure, so you can go on in-game rescues and build up Paradise.

Oh right, I haven't played it since the demo came out so my memory is a little foggy on it.