Club posts in recent topics on front page

The recent topics / threads widget on the right of front page seems to show all content from public Clubs, regardless of if you are a member of that particular club or not.

I think it would be more user friendly to only show content in this area from Clubs you have actually joined. If you click on content from a club you are not a member of you can read the content, vote on polls, however are denied from replying, which is a bit confusing until you realise you have ventured in a post from a club you haven't joined.

Perhaps even separating forum posts from club posts and having two widgets might be better?

A small issue I know, however it's caught me out a few times already.

Edited by InsaneNutter
  • Like 1

Our forum system doesn't support this, but I personally think it's fine as-is. Because the widget only shows what you can read, it will only show things in Public and Open clubs; things in Closed or Private clubs you're not in are not shown. Public clubs are no concern, since there's not even the concept of membership. Open clubs are the only ones that would be affected. However, if you want to reply to something in an Open club, you can click the Join Club button that's on all pages of the club, and you'll be added. Closed clubs require approval for joining, but Open clubs do not.