Legal Snorlax flagging as illegal in new version of PkHex

Dempsey

Hi guys,

I was trying to create a Snorlax with recycle in PkHex. To my knowledge this is a legal combination and I do not need it as a relearn move, however I am told by the software this an invalid move. When I put it as a relearn move I am presented with the error "Invalid relearn move 2: Snorlax inherited move. Incompatible with Munchlax inherited moves". I have not had this problem with previous versions of the software, please can this be fixed in the next version?

Thank you for reading :)

The Relearn Moves you've defined are for Snorlax; a Munchlax comes with different moves when it is hatched as an egg (Lick, Metronome, Odor Sleuth, Tackle).

Since it does not have Munchlax Relearn Moves, it is a Snorlax hatch. Recycle is a Munchlax only move; since it wasn't a Munchlax hatch, the move is not legal.

Thus the pkm is not legal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kaphotics said:

The Relearn Moves you've defined are for Snorlax; a Munchlax comes with different moves when it is hatched as an egg (Lick, Metronome, Odor Sleuth, Tackle).

Since it does not have Munchlax Relearn Moves, it is a Snorlax hatch. Recycle is a Munchlax only move; since it wasn't a Munchlax hatch, the move is not legal.

Thus the pkm is not legal.

thanks so much for the help I was wondering why this was happening :)

• 9 months later...
On 7/17/2017 at 7:44 PM, Dempsey said:

thanks so much for the help I was wondering why this was happening :)

Well there is a way to make it Legal without Munchlax, Snorlax Learns Self Destruct via TM in Gen 1 but is a Munchlax Exclusive in Gen 4 onwards, so if you change the Game Origin around for whatever Moves you need, it may Help out

12 minutes ago, lightangelumbreon said:

Well there is a way to make it Legal without Munchlax, Snorlax Learns Self Destruct via TM in Gen 1 but is a Munchlax Exclusive in Gen 4 onwards, so if you change the Game Origin around for whatever Moves you need, it may Help out

You're replying to a thread that was posted before the launch of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Meaning that at that point in time, a Gen I Snorlax won't be able to gain access to Recycle, cause there was no move tutors in Pokemon Sun & Moon.

As a matter of fact, the file that the OP loaded is Legal in PKHeX right now.

[Additionally, the issue OP had was with Recycle, not Self Destruct]

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You're replying to a thread that was posted before the launch of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Meaning that at that point in time, a Gen I Snorlax won't be able to gain access to Recycle, cause there was no move tutors in Pokemon Sun & Moon.

As a matter of fact, the file that the OP loaded is Legal in PKHeX right now.

[Additionally, the issue OP had was with Recycle, not Self Destruct]

Well I feel 10 Types of Stupid in a 20 lbs bag of Dumb :P