problem with gen 1 legality

I just want to put a Hitmonchan in my game because I picked Hitmonlee and I keep getting this error and I have no clue how to fix it because there is no option for origin game and I've never seen that catch rate error before.  This is for Pokemon Yellow.  I attached the Hitmonchan file.  I am using the most recent PKHeX.  It does this for Kabuto too.

why is this happening.png

107 - HITMONCHAN - 6285.pk1

Edited by silvertalon215
adding more info

Your hitmonchan is illegal, it have 120 in the catch rate value . Hitmonchan catch rate in generation 1 is 45.

Catch rate is used in generation 2 to store held items but if the pokemon have never been traded to generation 2 games, like an VC pokemon, the catch rate is only valid if it match the catch rate from the species at the moment of being captured. In fact PKHex discart any encounter that have different value that the pokemon

On 7/9/2017 at 10:09 AM, silvertalon215 said:

I just want to put a Hitmonchan in my game because I picked Hitmonlee and I keep getting this error and I have no clue how to fix it because there is no option for origin game and I've never seen that catch rate error before.  This is for Pokemon Yellow.  I attached the Hitmonchan file.  I am using the most recent PKHeX.  It does this for Kabuto too.

I managed to make your Hitmonchan read as "legal" in PKHeX.  -> 107 - HITMONCHAN - 6285.pk1

5 hours ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

It seems like it was an issue with the held item which gen 1 doesn't have

Here is the fixed file

107 - HITMONCHAN - F7C4.pk1

When I imported your file, it still gave (me) an illegal flag.

1 hour ago, jasenyoface said:

I managed to make your Hitmonchan read as "legal" in PKHeX.  -> 107 - HITMONCHAN - 6285.pk1

When I imported your file, it still gave (me) an illegal flag.

Huh really, I imported it into gen 2 then extracted it and put it back into gen 1

Just tested my one and it reads as legal, what version of PKHeX are you using?

Edited by wrathsoffire76

20 minutes ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

Huh really, I imported it into gen 2 then extracted it and put it back into gen 1

Just tested my one and it reads as legal, what version of PKHeX are you using?

When you open a gen 1 save game PKHex ask if the savegame is for virtual console games or for gameboy cart games.

His pokemon and your pokemon is illegal if VC is selected. Remember generation 2 VC games does not exits yet. What you have done is to put the pokemon in generation 2 and change the held item and put the pokemon back in generation 1.

That is illegal because you can't change catch rate/held items without a generation 2 game.

The only legal catch rate value for generation 1 VC games is the default catch rate, 45, that value is equivalent to Bitter Berry held item in generation 2

You can try to make Hitmonchan legal changing the held item in generation 2 to Bitter Berry, that is the default item that a generation 1 Hitmonchan  have when is traded to generation 2

Edited by javier_himura

I didn't select VC but I will update

6 minutes ago, javier_himura said:

When you open a gen 1 save game PKHex ask if the savegame is for virtual console games or for gameboy cart games.

His pokemon and your pokemon is illegal if VC is selected. Remember generation 2 VC games does not exits yet. What you have done is to put the pokemon in generation 2 and change the held item and put the pokemon back in generation 1.

That is illegal because you can't change catch rate/held items without a generation 2 game.

The only legal catch rate value for generation 1 VC games is the default catch rat, 45, that value is equivalent to Bitter Berry held item in generation 2

You can try to make Hitmonchan legal changing the held item in generation 2 to Bitter Berry, that is the default item that a generation 1 Hitmonchan  have when is traded to generation 2

I didn't select VC but I will update the file

Edited by wrathsoffire76
Updated file, tell me if it works

6 minutes ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

I didn't select VC but I will update

Is very important when we talk about generation 1 legal and illegal pokemon to specify what option everyone is using.

Because this pokemon are legal in GB savegames but illegal in VC savegames.

A generation 1 pokemon have a default catch rate/held item when captured, it can be changed only after being trade from gen 1 to gen 2, without gen2 the catch rate/held item is illegal if is changed.

Also everyone keep in mind this is not an issue. There is no bug here. The pokemon uploaded in the first post is marked illegal in VC because it IS illegal.

Edited by javier_himura

Just now, javier_himura said:

Is very important when we talk about generation 1 legal and illegal pokemon to specify what option everyone is using.

Because this pokemon are legal in GB savegames but illegal in VC savegames.

A generation 1 pokemon have a default catch rate/held item when captured, it can be changed only after being trade from gen 1 to gen 2, without gen2 the catch rate/held item is illegal if is changed.

So, don't use this in a VC game?

7 minutes ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

So, don't use this in a VC game?

You can use the legal analysis of PKHex with VC games, only keep in mind if you mix in the save save pokemon from GB cart and pokemon from VC games the fact that some of the GB pokemon are impossible in VC games and will be flagged illegal.

Also you can wait until September. Gold and Silver will be released in VC making pokemon like this legal by the fact that trading to gen2 and changind the held item will be possible in VC. The only illegal pokemon in VC games will be any crystal exclusive pokemon...that should wait until VC crystal release.

Edited by javier_himura

1 minute ago, javier_himura said:

You can use the legal analysis of PKHex with VC games, only keep in mind if you mix in the save save pokemon from GB cart and pokemon from VC games the fact that some of the GB pokemon are impossible in VC games and will be flagged illegal.

Also you can wait until septembre. Gold and Silver will be released in VC making pokemon like this legal by the fact that trading to gen2 and changind the held item will be possible in VC. The only illegal pokemon in VC games will be any crystal exclusive pokemon...that should wait until VC crystal release.

Ah right, I get you

Edited by wrathsoffire76