Pokémon GO Anniversary

jasenyoface

ashpikachu.jpg
Image: Pokemongolive.com¹

Shortly after its 2016 mid-year launch, Pokémon Go was dubbed as being a “global phenomenon” despite the persistent software
hiccups, the Google Account privacy hysteria, and zoning permissions.  Globally, there was an estimate of 160 million active users back
in 2016, and a projection of roughly 250 million active users for 2017.
²

Throughout its first year, the Developers have released numerous updates to address the App’s software issues, add various language support,
UI and feature upgrades.  It is also worth noting that there were a fair share of events hosted for GO Trainers year-to-date.  Will we ever see
that famous “raid” on Mewtwo as seen in the hype-trailer for the game?

Pokémon GO’s latest entry on their website titled, Happy Birthday, Pokémon GO! was posted July, 6 2017 in honor of the app’s first birthday.
The article advertises that:

“From July 6 at 1:00 P.M. PDT to July 24 at 1:00 P.M. PDT, Pikachu discovered in the wild will be wearing Ash’s famous hat (Original Cap)
from the Pokémon animated series, so make sure you don’t miss out on your opportunity to catch one! You’ll also be able to stock up for
Raid Battles and the events ahead with the special limited-time Anniversary Box, which will include Incubators, Max Revives, Ultra Balls, and
Raid Passes at a discount in the in-game shop”.

If you encounter or catch that Cap Pikachu, post your images below.  We would love to see them!

View full article

• Like 1

9 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

edit:
I got it :D
DEH1f-eUwAAzUBL.jpg

Nice one, was that a 2k egg obtained this event?

It took me 6 months to hatch my first Pichu so ill be surprised if I manage to get one!

I do however have 3x Cap Pikachu's, i got two in town and one was waiting in the garden when i got home :)

9 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

Nice one, was that a 2k egg obtained this event?

It took me 6 months to hatch my first Pichu so ill be surprised if I manage to get one!

I do however have 3x Cap Pikachu's, i got two in town and one was waiting in the garden when i got home :)

I'm not sure if the 2k egg was already in my inventory, or I happened to hatch one of the newer ones.

As you can see, I have issues hatching eggs. I think the missing slot next to Pichu is Cleffa.
(I get too lazy to hatch eggs...)

I've been hoarding all kinds of Cap Pikachu, tho XD

Yup that's Cleffa, the only baby Pokemon i need now is Magby i believe.

I have egg hatching issues too, I always seem to hatch the same thing, 10k's always seem to be Pineco, 5k's Ponyta and 2k's Goldeen. I dont spend money on the game though so I only have one egg on the go at a time which probably doesn't help.

Although to be fair with the new Gym system i've probably got around 250 coins this week, which is 250 more than i've managed in the last few months. The type advantage and having people come back to berry their Pokemon on the gym really helps. Before the gyms here would never change, the level 35+ players would seem to dominate them so i'd either always be at the bottom of my own teams gym and get knocked off, or just not have the desire to take down a level 10 gym from another team.

Below are my Pikachu and Raichu event collection, I have at least one of each from the past events so far:

Screenshot_20170708-090703.thumb.png.144b65f9c0c971fe38bf568f2e712aea.pngScreenshot_20170708-090716.thumb.png.db65a78a1d223d11fdf071e73fb43283.png

@InsaneNutter look at mine lol

Spoiler

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Yeah same I don't spend any real life money,
so  I haven't really hatched much of the Gen 2 babies.

The new gym system does help, my Avedakazam stays in there for hours!
But still, the gyms in my area keep switching around,
and I have no motivation to fight them..

Wow haha that's a lot of Pikachu, they must spawn very frequently near you.

I managed to get another 5 Pikachu today, my brother hatched a Pichu with a cap too.

Then for the first time ever a wild Dragonite spawned in the park when we were there, nice to finally see one in the wild a year and two days I started playing!

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170708-121829.thumb.png.fe307d5c27b9a2204a057df6211d41e2.png Screenshot_20170708-121932.thumb.png.cd2be0610349e21be3234622e832cb80.png Screenshot_20170708-122025.thumb.png.ae05271ef4f53a355d4cb6449cb3ad09.png

Edited by InsaneNutter
  • Like 1

Cheers! I'm impressed it let me catch it on the 3rd or 4th ultra ball. I once found a wild Togetic which literally took me a good 15 mins to catch, 30+ raspberries and ultraballs later I finally got it. No idea how that never ran away!

The games the total opposite around here, I have to walk 25 mins to the nearest gym lol. Thankfully there is one Pokestop 5 mins from my house so I can easily keep the 7 day streaks going without too much effort.

Nothing used to spawn around here, however late last year Niantic added a lot more spawn points so I can walk around the local streets and catch Pokemon now.

Oh gosh, the multiple Togetic I encountered, always ends up draining my razzberries! It's so insane!

Urgh, I can imagine how hard it must be to get items, with the lack of Pokestops.
My bag always ends up being full, and I gotta toss em Pokeballs. and that's after a bag upgrade (I think I've done it once)

After some time, I encountered a Cap Pikachu; it seemed as though it would never happen!

Also, I participated in my first Raid.  It was fun, although I find it silly that you get one Raid Pass per day.  It left me wanting to do more of them.  Such a challenge to catch those Pokémon.

• Like 1

Just now, theSLAYER said:

That's the whole point!
To make you spend money to buy Premium Raid Passes!

If the Premium Passes had, let's say, a 24 hour unlimited Raids cap, I could see myself buying one. 

Re-downloaded GO, discovered different Pokémon and new features; all to become addicted and frustrated at it, again! I'm once again, in the loop.  Happy Birthday, GO!:XD:

16 minutes ago, jasenyoface said:

If the Premium Passes had, let's say, a 24 hour unlimited Raids cap, I could see myself buying one. 

Re-downloaded GO, discovered different Pokémon and new features; all to become addicted and frustrated at it, again! I'm once again, in the loop.  Happy Birthday, GO!:XD:

Yeah, that would have made sense. (Tho, I would keep fighting gyms and place Pokemon there to earn the coins)

Yup, that is exactly why Pokemon Go is still a thing! Happy birthday PGo!

• Like 1

With the free raid pass i noticed if you have one in your bag and don't use it the day you got the pass, you can use it the next day and still a free raid pass that day too, allowing you to do two free raids in one day. I was able to do a Croconaw and Exeggutor raid on Saturday, both with free passes.

I think two days worth of coins (presuming you max out 50 per day) is a lot for a premium pass, just to have a chance at one raid.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

With the free raid pass i noticed if you have one in your bag and don't use it the day you got the pass, you can use it the next day and still a free raid pass that day too, allowing you to do two free raids in one day. I was able to do a Croconaw and Exeggutor raid on Saturday, both with free passes.

I think two days worth of coins (presuming you max out 50 per day) is a lot for a premium pass, just to have a chance at one raid.

Yeah, but I'll it be like a normal item system, where you can hoard all the raid passes and go all out on a weekend or something.
(but I guess it's done the way it is, to ensure there's users playing everyday)

I agree, it's a lot to pay for.. and I'm not at a high enough level to take on higher raid bosses.
(CP maxed out, need other players to join in for harder ones)

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah, but I'll it be like a normal item system, where you can hoard all the raid passes and go all out on a weekend or something.
(but I guess it's done the way it is, to ensure there's users playing everyday)

I agree, it's a lot to pay for.. and I'm not at a high enough level to take on higher raid bosses.
(CP maxed out, need other players to join in for harder ones)

Oh same here, i'd have loved to be been able to do loads of raids this weekend when I was actually playing with other people I knew.

I'm the same level as you looking at your screenshots and i can't either, I think even if we were 5 levels higher you'd still need a few people for something like a Tyranitar.

Is this a once in a lifetime thing?

Did this game had this kind of limited events before?

Crap my phone cant handle this game i will probably miss half of the rare pokemon by the time i buy a new phone

All the new games have this annoying limited time content crap i miss the days when i had a complete game with all its content and not this dlc crap rip all new users of those games.

Rip collectors too

Edited by CatchEmNone

5 minutes ago, CatchEmNone said:

Is this a once in a lifetime thing?

Did this game had this kind of limited events before?

This game has only been around for 1 year,
and none of events (with 'unique' Pokemon) have repeated so far.
(Party Hat Pikachu, Santa Hat Pikachu, Shiny Magikarp)