PkHex Oddities / Errors

choatix

1) Encounter type error with PID:

Whilst I dont understand what the error would mean, this applies to several events from Gen 3/4 and as such, including pokes obtained from the Pokewalker.

2)

When 'transferring' a pk4 file to pk7, the PIC changes from 0000000C to 8000000C. Is this intentional? Something certainly seems wrong here.

3)

Loading up an egg in pkhex, at least in generation 4, will set all 'NULL' values to eggs as actual values (eg met time to basically 0). As such, if you then hatch this egg in your game it will keep this and this should not happen. As such, they should remain blank and untouched.

4)

Probably intentional, but 'Encounter Type PID mismatch' applies to all Cute Charm glitch caught pokemon, and several non shinies found through this method with extremely low PIDs. Presumbly, because this is a glitch, this is intentional behaviour for PkHEX.

5)

Pokemon transferred from Generation 3 with 'Artist' ribbon obtained through contest related stuff marks as invalid.

6)

Minor: Focus is lost when trying to select text on the pkmdb Advanced Filter and hovering over the pokemon listed.

7)

Full filename for file not shown when viewing in pkmdb mode. As such difficult to work out which file is which without full field visible. More is shown by having Advanced Filter on, but still not the whole line. Should be visible.

8)

Enums in advanced searches should also be searchable by their given names which PkHex displays, e.g. Pokewalker as an encounter location for HGSS pokemon which has I think its 232 as it's enum value. This data is already displayed through the viewing screen. This already applies to the names of Pokeballs when searching for that.

Edited by choatix
Added additional point

theSLAYER to the rescue

2 minutes ago, choatix said:

1) Encounter type error with PID:

Whilst I dont understand what the error would mean, this applies to several events from Gen 3/4 and as such, including pokes obtained from the Pokewalker.

Pokemon in GEN 3 and 4 have their stats, such as IV, Gender, Nature etc, tied to PID.

So chances are, their PID was modified.
Use RNG Reporter to get the correct PID/IV combinations
(could also be different method of PID should have been used)

Also, Game Freak has never incorporated this into their hack checks, so this is a "for your info" type of thing.

4 minutes ago, choatix said:

2)When 'transferring' a pk4 file to pk7, the PIC changes from 0000000C to 8000000C. Is this intentional? Something certainly seems wrong here

PIC?

If you meant PID or EC,
I'm guessing this is to prevent shiny<->non-shiny morphing,
due to Gen 6 and onwards expanding shiny formula.

6 minutes ago, choatix said:

3)Loading up an egg in pkhex, at least in generation 4, will set all 'NULL' values to eggs as actual values (eg met time to basically 0).
As such, if you then hatch this egg in your game it will keep this and this should not happen. As such, they should remain blank and untouched.

@Kaphotics any idea what this is?

7 minutes ago, choatix said:

4) Probably intentional, but 'Encounter Type PID mismatch' applies to all Cute Charm glitch caught pokemon, and several non shinies found through this method with extremely low PIDs. Presumbly, because this is a glitch, this is intentional behaviour for PkHEX.

I didn't know that this changed until now.
I wonder if this is intended.