PKHeX 3288 Bugs

DeadSkullzJr

Hello again, today I decided to update to the latest build that was available on Discord, PKHeX 3288. I wanted to see if the issues I have been having with PKHeX and my Pokemon Platinum save were still there. Well I definitely got my results, here is a few bugs that I encountered with PKHeX and my save. All of my Pokemon games are from the USA.

Boot Up Bug:
I have a dedicated folder just for all the PKHeX builds that I have, so this error has nothing to do with my program/file location. The bug here is as soon as I boot up PKHeX this happens. I am very sure this is not what it is supposed to do.
https://s21.postimg.org/o3tubofrr/image.png

Improper Location Bug:
This bug clearly shows a definite error with the county, sub region, and 3DS region of the Pokemon. The Arceus that I am viewing was a USA event.
https://s12.postimg.org/mq0qpvwml/image.png

PID Mismatch Bug:
This bug only appears in generation four Pokemon games (At least for me)(Tested with Pokemon Platinum). Basically if I make a Pokemon shiny or I reroll the PID, I get the "Invalid: Encounter Type PID mismatch" error and the Pokemon now has the "Illegal" icon. Now I have tested this with my generation five Pokemon game (Pokemon White) and it does not have this bug, I am able to freely reroll the PID and or make the Pokemon shiny just fine.
I tested this with my Rotom that I caught in the Old Chateau. All I did was change its nature and made it shiny, then rerolled the PID.
https://s24.postimg.org/qzep7qc05/image.png
https://s13.postimg.org/h7kplktqf/image.png

Wrong Marking:
I cannot tell if this is a bug or not but for some reason, even though I am using a generation four save, the sun and moon marking is on the Pokemon as seen below.
https://s15.postimg.org/ekm1b384r/image.png

Now I do not know if the Encryption Constant is supposed to be set to all 0's but all my Pokemon have 0's in that box. Even though all the Pokemon I have came from legitimate locations or events.

9 minutes ago, DeadSkullzJr said:

PID Mismatch Bug:

Hey, uploaded the original and modified rotom, I'll like to play around with it to see what causes the bug.

Rerolling my Gen 4 Pokemon doesn't give me that problem.
I'm wondering if that particular Rotom (static stationary encounter) could only be met with limited PIDs

Boot Up Bug: Recently reported, unknown cause, unable to replicate.

Improper Location Bug: Where is that Arceus from? If you generated it via PKHeX without loading a save first, it'll use PKHeX's default country values.

PID Mismatch Bug: Is a feature, not a bug. Gen 4 Pokemon's PID are more strictly generated. PKHeX is also not a PID generator. If you want to generate a legal PID, use RNG Reporter.

Wrong Marking: Already fixed, will be out in next release.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Hey, uploaded the original and modified rotom, I'll like to play around with it to see what causes the bug.

Rerolling my Gen 4 Pokemon doesn't give me that problem.
I'm wondering if that particular Rotom (static stationary encounter) could only be met with limited PIDs

I do not have the the original Rotom anymore, only the modified. I will provide another random Pokemon I had caught in the wild though.

398 - STARAPTOR - 079A5BDBCB79 (Original).pk4

398 ★ - STARAPTOR - 079A48DF4D25 (Modified, Shiny Only).pk4

398 ★ - STARAPTOR - 8BA3A2C1A73D (Modified, Stats & Nature With Shiny).pk4

6 minutes ago, ReignOfComputer said:

Boot Up Bug: Recently reported, unknown cause, unable to replicate.

Improper Location Bug: Where is that Arceus from? If you generated it via PKHeX without loading a save first, it'll use PKHeX's default country values.

PID Mismatch Bug: Is a feature, not a bug. Gen 4 Pokemon's PID are more strictly generated. PKHeX is also not a PID generator. If you want to generate a legal PID, use RNG Reporter.

Wrong Marking: Already fixed, will be out in next release.

Here is a picture of the Arceus you asked for:

https://s30.postimg.org/wudhjnt2p/image.png

And here is the pk4 of this Arceus.

493 - ARCEUS - 91C42E63877D.pk4

I used an actual Wonder Card of this event.

Edited by DeadSkullzJr

48 minutes ago, DeadSkullzJr said:

Improper Location Bug:
This bug clearly shows a definite error with the county, sub region, and 3DS region of the Pokemon. The Arceus that I am viewing was a USA event.

Here is a picture of the Arceus you asked for:

https://s30.postimg.org/wudhjnt2p/image.png

And here is the pk4 of this Arceus.

493 - ARCEUS - 91C42E63877D.pk4

I used an actual Wonder Card of this event.

This is what I get when I load your Arceus:

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.12.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.12.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.13.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.13.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.13.32 PM.png

1 minute ago, jasenyoface said:

Hide contents

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.12.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.12.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.13.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.13.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.13.32 PM.png

You must be using an older version of PKHeX because some of the features like the Country, Sub Region, and 3DS Region do not appear on your version, also the "Encryption Constant" is missing in your OT section.

1 minute ago, DeadSkullzJr said:

You must be using an older version of PKHeX because some of the features like the Country, Sub Region, and 3DS Region do not appear on your version, also the "Encryption Constant" is missing in your OT section.

Those properties are not present in pk4 files. Properties not present are hidden from the interface.

Looks like the current commit isn't correctly hiding those...

2 minutes ago, DeadSkullzJr said:

As far as I know 20170530 is the latest.  

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.12.38 PM.png

5 minutes ago, jasenyoface said:

Reveal hidden contents

Other than that though the information is correct, but the problem isn't the information. The problem is I can't reroll the PID's or make wild pokemon shiny because PKHeX says it's "illegal" yet I can reroll the PID of that Arceus just fine, that thing was from Diamond version. So why is it I can reroll that gen 4 Pokemon no problem but not anything I caught in the wild.

Just now, Kaphotics said:

Wild PKM = method 1/J/K

Event PKM = no method (except Manaphy egg)

PKHeX checks a bit of RNG legality now.

How would I go about fixing this then, I don't like the fact that I have to use other programs just to get something legal. I never was a fan of PokeGen or any other tool.

3 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Wild PKM = method 1/J/K

Event PKM = no method (except Manaphy egg)

PKHeX checks a bit of RNG legality now.

Generation 3 and 4 are the only ones that does this with PKHeX, all the other generations work fine.

5 minutes ago, DeadSkullzJr said:

How would I go about fixing this then, I don't like the fact that I have to use other programs just to get something legal. I never was a fan of PokeGen or any other tool.

Generation 3 and 4 are the only ones that does this with PKHeX, all the other generations work fine.

As suggested above, use RNG Reporter to generate something legal. New features require effort; if possible features are already done sufficiently by another tool (PID search/generation via RNG Reporter) it's better to spend my time doing other things rather than replicate something that works fine.

Generation 3, 4, and 5 have these checks. Generation 1/2 checks are not implemented, and Gen6+ will never have any as any PIDIV/etc is possible.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

As suggested above, use RNG Reporter to generate something legal. New features require effort; if possible features are already done sufficiently by another tool (PID search/generation via RNG Reporter) it's better to spend my time doing other things rather than replicate something that works fine.

Generation 3, 4, and 5 have these checks. Generation 1/2 checks are not implemented, and Gen6+ will never have any as any PIDIV/etc is possible.

Generation 5 doesn't do what generation 4 does though, that's my point. Try it yourself, when I rerolled the PID of a Pokemon from Pokemon White it was fine. PKHeX didn't give me the "Invalid: PID mismatch" message, you say that generation 3,4,5 use the same check. I transferred a generation 4 Pokemon into Generation 5, I got the message changing it within the gen 5 save as well. It is something with gen 4 that causes it to think different from gen 5. I have an Oddish that I caught in the wild in Pokemon White, I duplicated it and changed the PID's on each one and made one of them shiny, PKHeX still said it was legal. If I try to do that with an Oddish from either Generation 3 or Generation 4 PKHeX says it's illegal. Does that make sense? 

Just now, DeadSkullzJr said:

Generation 5 doesn't do what generation 4 does though, that's my point. Try it yourself, when I rerolled the PID of a Pokemon from Pokemon White it was fine. PKHeX didn't give me the "Invalid: PID mismatch" message, you say that generation 3,4,5 use the same check. I transferred a generation 4 Pokemon into Generation 5, I got the message changing it within the gen 5 save as well. It is something with gen 4 that causes it to think different from gen 5. I have an Oddish that I caught in the wild in Pokemon White, I duplicated it and changed the PID's on each one and made one of them shiny, PKHeX still said it was legal. If I try to do that with an Oddish from either Generation 3 or Generation 4 PKHeX says it's illegal. Does that make sense? 

They don't do the same check; they perform PIDIV checks that correspond to the generation of origin.

PKHeX expects a matching PID type for the encounter the pkm originated from. If the PIDIV can't be generated for the encounter, you get the mismatch message.

Gen 5 checks only check shiny mystery gifts; all other PIDIVs are unrelated (thus should be "None" pidiv type).

Those pokemon with the PID reroll are marked as illegal because they ARE illegal. Is not a bug to report an illegal pokemon as illegal, bugs are legal pokemon marked as illegal and illegal pokemon marked as legal.

Just because older release did not check this legal cases that not means those pokemon are legal, this pokemon always were illegal but now PKHeX have been updated to detect those cases.

The check is not the same in gen 3, 4 and 5 pokemon because the PID and IV is generated with different methods depending on the origin game or type of encounter, in facti in most of the gen 5 cases all PID-IV relations are possible, because the RNG was better than older games, that is way  gen5 are not illegal after reroll. The same happens with gen 3 and 4 pokemon hatched from eggs, probably a PID reroll wont make them illegal because eggs can have almost any PID-IV value if they were day care eggs.

It could be helpfull to have a PID generator in PKHex like Pokegen, but there is none yet and those programs have working generators that can be used, that is why PID generator have not a mojor priority. Keep in mind even with that it would not be possible to make a PID reroll like the current button that instantanly gives a valid PID for any values, in most PID generation methods not every  values are possible, and even that to find one in particular would require a brute force algorithm that could take minutes or more.

From now if you just want to make a gen3/4 into shiny you can try to reroll the SID instead of the PID, in recent commits a feature was added to make the pokemon shiny chaning the SID instead of the PID, and that would allow a shiny reroll for most encounters without making the pokemon illegal. To use that you only need to control-click the shiny button.

Edited by javier_himura
  • Like 1