Stadium 1 reward pkm legality

BokePall1

58 minutes ago, BokePall1 said:

Hi,

just a tidbit, bit every poke received after winning in Stad 1 is read as illegal because moves are illegal, see attachments:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Pretty sure Stadium Pokemon aren't included in Legality,
as they can't legally be obtained to be transferred up.

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Pretty sure Stadium Pokemon aren't included in Legality,
as they can't legally be obtained to be transferred up.

But they are exclusively obtained by winning them in Stad 1? Plus I just transfered up 2 types (R1 and R2 rewarded) of Hitmonchan to see how Wood Box actually works to Gen 2.

31 minutes ago, BokePall1 said:

But they are exclusively obtained by winning them in Stad 1? Plus I just transfered up 2 types (R1 and R2 rewarded) of Hitmonchan to see how Wood Box actually works to Gen 2.

Im referring to transferred up as in to Gen 7.

Stadium game legitimately cannot communicate with VC titles.

(I say that, but of course I don't know how Kaphotics wants to handle this)

22 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Im referring to transferred up as in to Gen 7.

Stadium game legitimately cannot communicate with VC titles.

(I say that, but of course I don't know how Kaphotics wants to handle this)

Okay, just wanted to point to this tidbit with Stad1.

• Like 1

Stadium Pokemon are legal in GB Cart saves but illegal in VC saves or gen 7 saves. Gen 1 cart->Gen 1 VC is not possible with official Nintendo methods, and that make this pokemon illegan in vc or gen 7 saves. Online battles are irrelevant, the purpose of PKHex is to detect pokemon impossible without

When you load a gen 1 save PKHex ask if you want the program to treat the save as a gb cart save or a vc save, the first allow any pokemon legal in GB saves, like gen 2 tradebacks and stadium gifts, the second option only allow pokemon available in VC games. If the pokemon is traded to a gen 7 game then it will be considered a VC pokemon making it illegal if it has a Stadium origin.

I made an Stadium level 20 hitmonchan with last commit of PKHex and it is detected legal in a GB cart save.

Edited by javier_himura
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, javier_himura said:

Stadium Pokemon are legal in GB Cart saves but illegal in VC saves or gen 7 saves. Gen 1 cart->Gen 1 VC is not possible with official Nintendo methods, and that make this pokemon illegan in vc or gen 7 saves. Online battles are irrelevant, the purpose of PKHex is to detect pokemon impossible without

When you load a gen 1 save PKHex ask if you want the program to treat the save as a gb cart save or a vc save, the first allow any pokemon legal in GB saves, like gen 2 tradebacks and stadium gifts, the second option only allow pokemon available in VC games. If the pokemon is traded to a gen 7 game then it will be considered a VC pokemon making it illegal if it has a Stadium origin.

I made an Stadium level 20 hitmonchan with last commit of PKHex and it is detected legal in a GB cart save.

Would it be possible to trade the stadium poke from the cart to the VC release somehow? I suppose if we can figure that out then we could very well fix that issue.

Actually you can, but only using emulators, CFW and unofficial harware to read GB cart saves, none of that are accepted by Nintendo. You can play with N64 and GB emulator (unauthorized), then inject the save into the VC with CFW (unauthorized), or use a GB cart save reader (unauthorized) and inject the save into the VC with CFW (unauthorized). Both options will make the pokemon illegal.

That means there is no issue to fix. Staidum pokemon are not possible to obtain in VC and Gen 7 saves with Nintendo official methods. An illegal pokemon marked as illegal, working as intended.

Of course this could change, imagine if Nintendo release Stadium games in Switch/WiiU with connectivity with 3DS VC games, if that happens those pokemon will be legal from that moment.

This is improbable but is similar to gen 2 pokemon, they are currently illegal in VC and gen 7 saves but from the day when gold/silver are released in VC mode gen 2 pokemon will change to legal...except crystal and stadium 2 (including move reminder) pokemon.

Edited by javier_himura
  • Like 1