ID/SID Question

Cyborg

I have a pretty simple (probably stupid) question which I've been unable to find the answer to thus far. If I randomly generated two numbers from 0 to 65535, would they always work as a legal ID/SID pair? Could any combination of two numbers between 0 and 65535 be legit?

I've been making some G3 Pokémon in PKHeX recently, and I randomly generated numbers for the ID and SID of their OTs. But I'm worried that, since I don't know what the RNG process is for those numbers in the actual games, the pairs I've generated might not actually be possible in-game.

If need be, I'd be fine using ROMs of the games to get for-sure legit IDs and SIDs. But I'd prefer not to, if it's not necessary.

1 hour ago, Cyborg said:

Could any combination of two numbers between 0 and 65535 be legit?

I would assume so. Since the TID and SID could reasonably be between 0 and 65535, most likely all of the numbers you have generated could be legitimate combinations.

You can have from 1 to 65535 in ANY GAME

(Link)

The TID and SID are generated separately and depending on how long you take to press A at the end the prologue will determine your SID.

You can have any combination. I am not sure if there are checks to prevent 0 or 65535 from being possible though.