Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Announced!

theSLAYER

Just looking at how many main games there have been for a system, the DS had the most with 9 and the 3DS is just 1 shy of it with 8. Would've gotten a record of 10 had those unused Gen VI games happened (I'm not counting the VC games btw).

• 3 weeks later...

Has there been any further speculation about the datamine of walking Pokemon animations [from SM] that @KazoWAR posted on Youtube?  Perhaps we could see this feature in USUM?

I was watching the sneak peek video of USUM (again) and my focus went to the Wingull that appears to follow the trainer along his path:

Spoiler

I thought, maybe that Wingull is following him.  Then I remembered the walking animations found in Sun and Moon.  The Wingull in the teaser and in the datamine video both do not flap their wings:

Spoiler

Just now, jasenyoface said:

Yeah it is a bit high. XD  And Wingull's shadow does bypass the trainer considerably.  Oh geez, a Snorlax may not fit in certain situations!  

I would imagine walking with Pokemon may be hard to do on SM/USUM engine, since there are Pokemon that are too massive, and our routes are clearcut enough for them to traverse.

At least in HGSS, it was still on the DS, using 2D sprites and all, with objects being in a grid, a lot easier to program for, I believe.

Still, doesn't mean I don't want it. GIVE US BACK WALKING WITH POKEMON

If they are going to implement following Pokemon in USUM they could limit it to smaller sized Pokemon only or just to a few choosen ones. They already did that in Amity Square in DPPt where only about 20 Pokemon were permitted to enter and follow you.
In my opinion they should at least make that feature optional if it will ever come back. I'm not completely against following Pokemon but sometimes it annoyed me in HGSS.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jasenyoface said:

Has there been any further speculation about the datamine of walking Pokemon animations [from SM] that @KazoWAR posted on Youtube?  Perhaps we could see this feature in USUM?

I was watching the sneak peek video of USUM (again) and my focus went to the Wingull that appears to follow the trainer along his path:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

That footage in the trailer is the part where you are following Kukui to Iki Town, and that's before you can have a Pokemon. The camera being panned down was also done in SM at that part of the story.

And with walking Pokemon, can't wait to see the ROM hacks as well. lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like Lycanroc 3 is real, people. From my perspective, it looks to be a cross between the known forms.

corocoro917.jpg

Also there is an image from the anime on Pokejungle where Ash's Rockruff's eyes turn green and whaddya know? This thing appears to have green eyes. It's hinted that it may evolve around dusk.

http://pokejungle.net/2017/08/03/lycanroc-hinted-getting-new-forms/

9 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Jurassic Park rumors in USUM, it'll be great to get the DW Abilities again and catch fossil pokemon for the first time.

Any direct link to articles?

9 minutes ago, Holla! said:

Well it looks like Lycanroc 3 is real, people. From my perspective, it looks to be a cross between the known forms.

corocoro917.jpg

Also there is an image from the anime on Pokejungle where Ash's Rockruff's eyes turn green and whaddya know? This thing appears to have green eyes. It's hinted that it may evolve around dusk.

http://pokejungle.net/2017/08/03/lycanroc-hinted-getting-new-forms/

I've seen the Corocoro cover on Serebii, and I saw the next episode trailer showing Rockruff evolving at Dusk, just to mess with us.

It'll be fun is Ash actually gets a new evolution.
(Tho it could pull a Bulbasaur, and decide not to evolve)

Confirmation! Cool!

wonder if it's standing in Dawn forme XD

They totally don't wanna give us clear images.
lycanroc dusk.png

edit:

Rockruff-Anime.jpg
For the record,
The Green Flash that Rockruff sees in the anime, is an optical phenomenon that can happen at dusk or dawn.
(read about it here) [so that's probably a requirement for evolution, either time based, or time + location based]