Gen IV Invalid Egg Moves

Shiannui

Hi there, I just noticed that PKHeX (latest compiled version from May 30th) doesn't like Gen IV egg moves very much xD.

For instance, Mirror Coat Blastoise is shown with the warning triangle, same for Leaf Storm Bulbasaur, or Brave Bird Pidgey. But Rock Slide Charmander is recognised as legal.

So... some egg moves are shown as valid while others don't. If that helps, also noticed that those "illegal" egg moves are not included in the moves a Pokemon can learn (coloured in green).

4 hours ago, Shiannui said:

Hi there, I just noticed that PKHeX (latest compiled version from May 30th) doesn't like Gen IV egg moves very much xD.

For instance, Mirror Coat Blastoise is shown with the warning triangle, same for Leaf Storm Bulbasaur, or Brave Bird Pidgey. But Rock Slide Charmander is recognised as legal.

So... some egg moves are shown as valid while others don't. If that helps, also noticed that those "illegal" egg moves are not included in the moves a Pokemon can learn (coloured in green).

@Shiannui Are the Pokemon you mentioned from your Gen IV save file? and are they legit? Or are you making the Pokemon with those egg moves for, lets say a gen IV save or maybe a gen VII save?

I was able to make a hatched squirtle with mirror coat in gen VII.

6 hours ago, javier_himura said:

Could you upload the pkm files?

Sure, .pk4 Mirror Coat Squirtle is attached at the end of the post.

5 hours ago, jasenyoface said:

@Shiannui Are the Pokemon you mentioned from your Gen IV save file? and are they legit? Or are you making the Pokemon with those egg moves for, lets say a gen IV save or maybe a gen VII save?

I was able to make a hatched squirtle with mirror coat in gen VII.

They were not manually made, the Pokemons were hatched from egg in Soul Silver.

The funny thing is that importing, for instance, this "illegal" .pk4 Mirror Coat Squirtle into a Gen6 or Gen7 savegame, PKHeX still marks it as illegal.

But, another Mirror Coat Squirtle hatched into a Gen6/Gen7 game is marked as legal. :/

4 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

I suspect you aren't defining the pkm as an egg; Charmander learns Rock Slide via TM as well.

This is not the case. As I said above the Pokémons were hatched ingame, the "As egg" flag is checked.

2 hours ago, JISN064 said:

You are doing something wrong. xD

Maybe, or maybe not xD.

007 - SQUIRTLE - 5F0F8EEB2ACE.pk4

Edited by Shiannui