Legality problem with Poliwrath and Vacuum Wave

9 hours ago, silvertalon215 said:

According to several sources Vacuum Wave is a valid tutor move for Poliwrath from 4th gen but I keep getting this message.  Should I inject it in my game anyway because it is correct just that one move is giving me problem.

I was able to gen a Poliwrath (HeartGold) with your targeted move set.  I was also able to make your file PKHeX Legal.  

It is true Poliwrath can learn Vacuum Wave from the Move Tutor.  The mistake is at the met level.  

Poliwrath isn't introduced until a water stone is used on Poliwhirl. Poliwhirl isn't introduced until Poliwag reaches level 25.  So just change met level to 25

• Like 1

To clarify on what's being mentioned, I recall that when transporting up Pokemon,
it's Met level is changed to the level it was at.

For example, you could have hatched a lvl 1 Poliway in Gen 4, and trained it to level 100.
When transported into gen 6, it's met level will be changed to said level 100.

In Generation VI, the level obtained at is changed to the level arrived at, and the date obtained becomes the date it was transported to Pokémon Bank; in Generation VII, the level obtained at and date obtained are removed from Pokémon obtained in previous generations.

source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Poké_Transporter

[tho the gen 7 statement seems a bit inaccurate. the Pokemon I transferred up still has some of those details.
I'm guessing it's referring to the trash bytes that were removed, to give way to hyper training memory.]

• Like 1

To clarify more what happens here if met level 1 in generation 6/7 means the pokemon was level 1 when transfered from generation 4 to generation 5, that means this pokemon was hattched as a poliwag in generation 4 and traded to generation 5 at level 1 an at some point between generation 5 to 7 it was evolved to poliwhirl and poliwrath.

That means this pokemon was not a poliwrath in generation 4 and that is why it shouldnt have any generation 4 poliwrath totor moves. Poliwrath learn the move, but Poliwag not.

The only way for this pokemon to learn generation 4 poliwrath moves is to evolve into poliwrath before transfer to generation 5, that means met level should be above the minimun level for the evolution into poliwrath.

Edited by javier_himura
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, camus0314 said:

Yo tengo ese mismo problema, ya es un bug de la app.
No se puede confiar del todo en PKHex

Si no das mas detalles no podemos ayudarte, igualmente ha quedado demostrado en este tema que el problema mencionado no es ningún bug, muestra ilegal a este Poliwrath con movimiento tutor de generación 4 porque realmente es ilegal y el autor no comprendía del todo porque estaba el pokemon mal creado.

If you do not give more details we can not help you, it has also been demonstrated in this topic that the problem mentioned is not a bug, PkHeX says this Poliwrath with tutor move from generation 4 is illegal because it is really illegal.

16 minutes ago, javier_himura said:

Si no das mas detalles no hay Podemos ayudarte, IGUALMENTE ha quedado demostrado En Este tema Que El problema mencionado No Es bug ningún, Muestra ilegal A Este Poliwrath con movimiento tutor de Generación 4 Porque Realmente es ilegal y El Autor no Comprendía del TODO Porque ESTABA EL CREADO mal pokemon.

Si usted no da más detalles que no podemos ayudar, también se ha demostrado en este tema que el problema mencionado no es un error, PkHeX dice que esto Poliwrath con el tutor paso de la generación 4 es ilegal porque es realmente ilegal.

Ese es el error, aún cuando ubico Maldición en primer lugar sigue dando el error y con la ubicación de la eclosión.

Además algunos Pokemon que en la versión anterior no me los marca como ilegales en esta sí, cuando en realidad esos Pokemon no fueron creados con la app sino capturados legalmente.

1.png

2.png

3.png

59 minutes ago, camus0314 said:

That is the mistake, even if I locate Damn first error and continues with the location of hatching.

In addition, some Pokemon in the previous version of me not marked as illegal in the other, when in fact these Pokemon were not created with the app but caught legally.

To clarify, your issue is not related to the topic "Legality problem with Poliwrath and Vacuum Wave"?  In the future, please start a new topic with a descriptive title and include specific information pertaining to the issue.   

However, if you reply and attach your pkm file, I will take a look at it.  Other people might do the same.

• 1 year later...