Possible issue

Odaxis

Hey folks, Someone brought this to my attention. The Gale of Darkness Articuno is legal until edited slightly. Simply re rolling the PID makes it illegal. I've attached the legal file. It's not supposed to be locked in any way except for the Michael trainer info. Not sure why it can't be edited or if its a bug with PKHeX

Legal XD Articuno.pk7

articuno.PNG

Edited by Odaxis

I see, So is there no way for PKHeX to play middle man in this. Lets say I wanted an X D Articuno and I wanted to make it Calm nature with no other changes. PKHeX flags it as illegal but it's supposed to have a random nature on capture according to what i see online. I assumed re rolling the PID would have given it its valid PIDIV but it still shows illegal.

May I also have a link to this legality report?

Hold control when checking the legality, pay attention to the end for gen3/4 pkm

PKHeX rerolling is mostly random (keeps nature/gender/form)... if you really care about PIDIV legality just find a valid PIDIV with RNG Reporter or leave the valid PIDIV alone.

Finding a new valid PIDIV while respecting nature/gender/shininess/IVs/form/encounter slot legality is highly improbable and requires a lot of logic; PKHeX will probably never do this as PIDIV-encounter legality is very restricting.

Gotcha. I understand. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

If possible. Might i suggest you add a little more detail to the error stating as much. "unable to match encounter conditions to a possible RNG frame" may be a little confusing for the traditional PKHeX user (like myself)

Thanks again.

2.PNG

Also keep in mind that in XD, for shadow pokemon that have nature locks, and/or situations where you encounter multiple shadow pokemon, the PID/IV/Nature legality is stupidly complex.  Admiral_Fish's version of RNG Reporter handles this properly and will give you valid spreads for specific encounter situations.  Downside, you will have to google search to find his github, compile RNG Reporter yourself, and then figure out where that new feature is.  You can also contact him too via IRC for help.