Save edits not appearing in FireRed.

I open a save file and make editions to my starter and right-click > set it into place in my "party box" and export the save, but when I load it up in the game, no changes are in effect. Reopening the file in PKHeX shows that the changes are still implemented. I am using a rom of FireRed and VisualBoyAdvance to run it. My save type is set to Flash 128k. I was able to modify my trainer money when I first tested the program, but have since been unable to make any changes. Also, when I try to add an item to my inventory and save, then open the inventory editor again, the added item is gone. Is there perhaps some setting in VBA that I need to adjust?

Pokemon - Fire Red Version (USA).sav [Carol (FRLG) - 0ː08ː28].bak

Pokemon - Fire Red Version (USA).sav

Edited by blessidmerc

Just to clarify, "importing" is when it is accessed by the game and exporting is when PKHeX overwrites the file? The bak file was actually all I had when I started that post. I made a standard save just to cover my bases. I opened the bak save previously and had the same issues. I only recently created it after trying a standard sav file multiple times. I just loaded up the bak file in the game and I still have my female un-shiny squirtle.

Edited by blessidmerc

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

a few things with VBA:
1. save in-game, then soft reset, then export save (as a different named file)
2. import save, then soft reset, then play the game normally.

I literally just editted my third post after realizing this the instant before you posted. But thank you so much for that info! 

Edited by blessidmerc

Just now, blessidmerc said:

I literally just editted my third post after realizing this this instant before you posted. But thank you so much for that info! 

Usually you can also edit the save straight from VBA, provided the game isn't running/vba isn't open,
but due to weirdness I tend to use that method as mentioned ;P

(heck, that is typically my experience with emulators. Save, soft-reset, export. Import, soft-reset, load)