Question about legality on JPN Gen 1 (VC) mons

Qaaz

So I have a VC Pokemon Green version (Midori JPN) and I want to trade some Pokemon to another Gen 1 VC game like Blue or Yellow and then use poketransfer to Pokebank and Gen 7 games.

I did my first try with a lvl 5 starter untouched Bulbasaur but I had problem and the recepsionist didn't allowed me to make a trade, I thought it was a problem because of the JPN VC game with a PAL VC one so I just drag the Bulbasaur file with PKHex on the VC Blue one without a legality check. I tried again and failed again with the same message. So I thought lets check this buddy Bulbasaur out on PKHex and then I found that the nickname tab had a check but without a nickname, uncheck it and PKHex told me it was legal.

So went back on my game and I was ready to finally trade the buddy over so I can get him on Pokebank and then I found out that after the uncheck on nickname tab JPN Bulbasaur got his English name as Bulbasaur and not some kanji

Went with some other JPN pk1 files that I got from some threads here and they have the same problem.

My question is does this have any legality issue if transfer on Gen 7? Does they got their JPN name back or not? And should they be with JPN and not with ENG?

At the first place, it sounds like you're attempting to Trade between ENG and JPN version of Pokemon Gen 1.

That isn't even possible to begin with.

Reason:
Their game structure differs.
If you did that on a Gameboy, it could lead to game save corruptions.

They prevented such trades on VC.

JPN <-> JPN  Yes
JPN <-> ENG No
ENG <-> GER (or other international languages) Yes
JPN <-> SPA No

Yes that was my first thought
the problem is about the nickname check tab that prevent's the trade and PKHex gets it as Illegal
Propably it doesent recognises the kanji?

So if I do some drag n drop the pk1 file on a ENG PAL Blue VC it needs to uncheck it.

The question is what will happen if I trade such thing on Pokebank and Gen 7?

a Pokemon with JPN and ENG name or JPN and JPN name?

Edit: here some images

first one is before I do the uncheck, its a Bulbasaur as I've got it, without any touch from me
the second one is after I did the unckeck

My question is if this Pokemon and every other one like some others I got from threads around here if I transfer them on Gen 7 will be something like the Tapu Koko on this thread with JPN mark and English name or both JPN or both ENG
 wPwtFIU.png

Edited by Qaaz

@Qaaz if you do that, it'll look like it originated from the ENG version, not the JPN version.
You're doing it wrong. Do not attempt to cross transfer between JPN and ENG version of Pokemon Gen 1.

Plus, since you got access to PKHeX,
Why don't you just drag the .pk1 straight into your Pokemon Sun/Moon save?
PKHeX emulates the transfer process accurately.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

@Qaaz if you do that, it'll look like it originated from the ENG version, not the JPN version.
You're doing it wrong. Do not attempt to cross transfer between JPN and ENG version of Pokemon Gen 1.

Plus, since you got access to PKHeX,
Why don't you just drag the .pk1 straight into your Pokemon Sun/Moon save?
PKHeX emulates the transfer process accurately.

Is it so? I want to be 101% sure that every mon that I have to my collection that is not obtainable under normal circumstance is as much legal can be. 
That's why I do trades from one game to another before my main game.

I don't care for what people say or I don't do game sync it's just my thing. Some type of OCD :P

Edited by Qaaz

1 hour ago, Qaaz said:

Is it so? I want to be 101% sure that every mon that I have to my collection that is not obtainable under normal circumstance is as much legal can be. 
That's why I do trades from one game to another before my main game.

I don't care for what people say or I don't do game sync it's just my thing. Some type of OCD :P

Yup, sure of the transfer process.

• Like 1