SM - Korean Easter Egg Pokemon

Sabresite

Time Frame: April 29th - May 7th
Pokemon Distributed: Drampa, Goomy, Turtonator, Mareanie, Oranguru, and Passimian
Method: Infrared
Where: Songdo Triple Street D 1st Floor Pokemon Pop-Up Store
Source: http://pokemonkorea.co.kr/news/720

Notes: They specifically say you can only 'purchase' one per day.  Also they will be checking for hacks.
This looks like a clone of the PCJP eggs.

• Like 2

Are the Korean events really still all being done via Infrared instead of Wireless?
Is there any reason for that? Is local broadcasting against the law or something?

I had to stand in line for a very long time to get Shiny Tapu Koko.
I don't know why I do infrared distribution. Infrared makes people tired.

More people will come because the event will take place during the Korean holiday season.
Please use local wireless! >:(

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BLACKBIRD said:

I had to stand in line for a very long time to get Shiny Tapu Koko.
I don't know why they do infrared distribution. Infrared makes people tired.

More people will come because the event will take place during the Korean holiday season.
Please use local wireless! >:(

I strongly agree with this point of view.
Queuing up is insane.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Holla! said:

If it's a long line then I guess there's also less time to snap pics and vids... WTF is up with South Korea, a country with advanced technology doing Game Boy like methods? lmao

This is Pokemon Korea's advanced technology xD

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

Thank you for taking the time to wait in line to get it.  Also it is one per day, so you will have to do it multiple days to get all of them. :(

I doubt it works like that. It should just be one random egg per day per save. So if you get lucky, you could possibly get all 6 in a day if you stand in line 6 times and restart your game in between. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirzi said:

I doubt it works like that. It should just be one random egg per day per save. So if you get lucky, you could possibly get all 6 in a day if you stand in line 6 times and restart your game in between. 

I know I can only get Pokemon Egg once a day.
Probably because of Wonder card ID.

There will be difficulties due to a lot of waiting time and random distribution of six kinds, but I have a good plan. :)

11 hours ago, BLACKBIRD said:

I know I can only get Pokemon Egg once a day.
Probably because of Wonder card ID.

There will be difficulties due to a lot of waiting time and random distribution of six kinds, but I have a good plan. :)

I'm sure we'd all be grateful even if you can still get one at least since it shows you went through the trouble! :)

Interesting news. I've been informed by some friends who were at the JPN egg distribution that you actually could not get duplicate eggs on the same save. I'd assume the same holds true for the Korean distribution.

I really wonder how the mechanic for that works, though. Is it in the wc7 somewhere? wc7full? Or does the server detect which one you have before sending you a new one?

51 minutes ago, Kirzi said:

Interesting news. I've been informed by some friends who were at the JPN egg distribution that you actually could not get duplicate eggs on the same save. I'd assume the same holds true for the Korean distribution.

I really wonder how the mechanic for that works, though. Is it in the wc7 somewhere? wc7full? Or does the server detect which one you have before sending you a new one?

You probably can extract a wc7full, but only if you do a ram dump at the local location.

ive yet to go to a local event recently, so haven't figured out the mechanics..

On 2017. 4. 22. at 1:56 PM, BLACKBIRD said:

This is Pokemon Korea's advanced technology xD

It's actually some stupid politics by some crazy feminists that ruined gaming for South Koreans, especially with Global Link policies requiring SSID and other stupid things. I don't know if this love for Infrared technology is a byproduct of this, but it certainly prevented South Korean 3DS from moving along and progressing like the rest of the world's versions and stuck with our special snowflake version that is deprived of themes and other nifty features. That's also why we couldn't exploit or inject when it was popular.

Needless to say, I know many Koreans who just use a Japanese 3DS instead, probably because of said problems. I'm considering that as well.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

Is anyone here in Korea and will be getting wonder cards to share?

I had found a person on Reddit's PokemonExchange who was going to Korea next week for a few days and was offering to get Mew + eggs, but of course the nature of paying money for events like this is a bit annoying.  Especially with them being random in nature.

If nobody plans on archiving the wonder cards (as I know Korean events have a tendency to go underlooked here), I can shell out some money to get at least some of the eggs, and upload the wonder cards to share.  Just figured I'd ask so I don't spend money I don't need to spend.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but since IR and local wireless events don't go through Game Sync or the PGL, if you inject one of the WCs between game syncs it shouldn't result in a ban, since the same would happen legitimately, right?  From playing around with PkHex, I can see that wonder cards are stored outside the super-encrypted area of the save, so if ALL you do is add a WC and re-save, it shouldn't leave any traces of having been edited at all.

3 hours ago, drfsupercenter said:

Hey guys,

Is anyone here in Korea and will be getting wonder cards to share?

I had found a person on Reddit's PokemonExchange who was going to Korea next week for a few days and was offering to get Mew + eggs, but of course the nature of paying money for events like this is a bit annoying.  Especially with them being random in nature.

If nobody plans on archiving the wonder cards (as I know Korean events have a tendency to go underlooked here), I can shell out some money to get at least some of the eggs, and upload the wonder cards to share.  Just figured I'd ask so I don't spend money I don't need to spend.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but since IR and local wireless events don't go through Game Sync or the PGL, if you inject one of the WCs between game syncs it shouldn't result in a ban, since the same would happen legitimately, right?  From playing around with PkHex, I can see that wonder cards are stored outside the super-encrypted area of the save, so if ALL you do is add a WC and re-save, it shouldn't leave any traces of having been edited at all.

And yeah they shouldn't care about what WCs you have on your save. Unless maybe it's Region-locked such as Ash's Pikachu.

Edited by Holla!
just realized in hindsight they've been contributed