question

No.one

Greetings sharks

Theoretically how much would a world championship event distribution cart go for on the market?
I'm not selling one but I can assure you that at least one from some year I won't say does exist.
ROM dumps of any given year are more likely to exist and probably do in the silent hands of a lucky few. Possibly all of them were dumped at some point in a back room by a crafty employee / volunteer, possibly by more than one person, and possibly not one person has every single year.

Someone working as staff at the WC almost certainly would not have been able to steal a physical cartridge without having gotten caught. However, if an unknown assailant broke in and stole the cart, they could have kept it and made a clean get away. This might have happened at one or more years.

• Like 1

If it's a GBA cartridge, unreleased stuff usually goes for $500~$1000, depends if something similar has already been released or not.
If it's a DS card of Gen 4 or 5, definitely not more than $300. Gen 6 or 7 up to $500.

Since the Cartridges are offered on ebay the VGC and WCS Distributions running over PC by clicking 'DISTRIBUTE'

i've could never find the distributing DS System on the VGC 2014/2015 after closing....

so since Gen 6 (XYORAS) there are no more Distribution cartrdiges seen in the public ;-(

BUT in 2015 somebody managed to distribute their own Wondercard on the German VGC with a Shiny Gengar for ORAS

13250568_10208364486501759_972251063_n.thumb.jpg.8709133c3e1ca86aea4eb544a5273a3d.jpg

I have to admit I haven't heard of any leaked Gen 6 or Gen 7 distribution card, but if that photo is real I guess somebody out there must have one in their possession.

Do we have the Shiny Gengar wondercard? And what's the deal with StreetPass?

EDIT:
I don't think Gen 6 ever distribution carts?  I think it was all done on PC/internet.  And we have all gen 6/7 wondercards.  So it is a novelty even if it exists.  It would only be useful for the distribution certificate.

As for Gen 5, it would be nice, but it is so far removed from current generations and the 3DS, that dumping any kind of information like certificates, protocols, etc is useless.  It is too late, and in my opinion the value is not there anymore.

If someone has the Gen 6 encryption certificate/protocol and truly did distribute a fake wondercard at VGC, then it would be interesting to look at that dump.  However still not relevant to Gen 7, as they primarily use serial codes it seems (laziness I suppose).

I suppose it depends on what someone wants to learn or do.  Distribute fake WCs at an event, then yeah a distribution ROM would be nice.  Answer a handful of technical questions, also nice.  Collecting? Not really necessary as 100% of the info is in the WC.

47 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

I suppose it depends on what someone wants to learn or do.  Distribute fake WCs at an event, then yeah a distribution ROM would be nice.  Answer a handful of technical questions, also nice.  Collecting? Not really necessary as 100% of the info is in the WC.

I believe we still miss a couple complete WCs (784 bytes), don't we? The 264 bytes ones don't store 100% of the info (e.g. correct male/female flags etc.). Distribution cards for wireless/infrared events would have this data intact.

I don't think it will be possible to get all gen 6/7 wc6full because of things like local wireless and infrared distributions.  With regards to legality, and generating pokemon, the 264 bytes is enough.

Also I am not sure what is in the WCFULL that is not in the WC.  Whenever I ask, nobody can give me a structure map.

EDIT: I know the message you get when you receive the wondercard is in the WCFULL.  I suppose to some people that is important? Doesn't change the fact that we will never be able to get all of them.

7 hours ago, Sabresite said:

Also I am not sure what is in the WCFULL that is not in the WC.  Whenever I ask, nobody can give me a structure map.

There isn't much other information besides the actuall wondercard.

0x000  Game Flags (0 - X, 1 - Y, 2 - OR, 3 - AS)
0x004  Distribution Text
0x202  Checksum
0x204  Signature (0x46464600)
0x208  Wondercard

The wondercard in the full WC is different from what is saved in the save file after downloading. Date and gender are not set yet, those get set during the download.

18 hours ago, Purin said:

Gen 6 and Gen 7 wireless distributions definitely do utilize a 3DS, not a PC. I've seen them with my own eyes.

Just to throw a spanner in works, the VGC Nationals in 2014 in Manchester distributed a Mamoswine that was distributed via a laptop program. I saw the attendant click a program when I asked when it was going to be distributed. It ran twice that day, from 10am-11am and then 3pm-4pm. 

I actually have the Wondercard still unclaimed in both X and Y. I don't have a means of extracting them though to determine if there is any difference. 

• Like 1

Hmm, @No.one was also mentioning cartridges at championship events.
Not sure what exactly you saw in Manchester, but at least in Japan they definitely use 3DS devices! I also saw what it looks like on screen during the Sapporo item event.

And yeah, Gen 6 and 7 wondercards extracted from savegames are useless if you want to recreate the event 100% or use it in a leaked distro rom. Savegame wondercards are kind of an already "used" one even if you didn't pick it up, because certain parameters will already be set when they originally were random. Full wondercards are the only way to preserve an event 100% and having even just one more is always a good thing.

On 17.4.2017 at 0:18 AM, Purin said:

I have to admit I haven't heard of any leaked Gen 6 or Gen 7 distribution card, but if that photo is real I guess somebody out there must have one in their possession.

Do we have the Shiny Gengar wondercard? And what's the deal with StreetPass?

No, i don't have it anymore, because i deleted or overwrite it... but i think a girlfriend could have this WC in their game

i know that after loading this Gengar i was not able to Download Machamp (because same WC ID?)

streetPass Germany working with Nintendo Germany and someone (NOT StreetPass) create this Fake WC to break the work with Nintendo...(so streepass germany leader tells me...)