SM - Marshadow (JP/US/EU)

Holla!

2 hours ago, Holla! said:

Hey guys, keep and eye out if there's a pre-release event a.k.a early screening which distributes the local movie Pokemon ahead of the public release date (happened since Hoopa back 2 years ago).

That's true.
Usually a day ahead of time, there could be a pre-release movie screening, that also hosts the event!

Erm, I don't think that's real.
If it's :Local Wireless, It won't be on server.

/--edit--/
The Marshadow OT is "テンセイざん", refers to Mount Tensei.

Diancie -> Eigakan
Hoopa -> Eigakan
Volcanion -> Nebel (setting of the Movie)

Odd that it has no held item. Nor was the ribbon shown. Hmm..

Jackson being a long member of theirs, I can't imagine why he'll want to fake it and ruin his reputation.
Maybe someone went to the theater and gotten one early?
Or perhaps his "source" is bad.

My only issue with this is, we didn't get to see the Nature.
Seeing the Nature would have settled it (once the actual release is out)

/--edit--/
At first glance,
the only way to get S.Atk up to 121, is that have a S.Atk boosting nature,
So either Modest, Mild, Quiet, or Rash.

/--edit--/
Based on the stats seen, with 0 EVs (assumed, because experience is 0),
The only nature that didn't cause an error when computing with Serebii.net IV calculator,
is Modest.

So when the real event is out, we'll know, if the nature isn't Modest.

Spoiler

GcFRKmK.jpg

cap1.PNG

cap2.PNG

cap3.PNG

cap5.PNG

cap7.PNG

• Like 1

The .pk7 file was uploaded to uploader.jp , the same place i got the PC Victini from the day before the actual release, which turned out to be legit based on the WC7 info i got from here.

Many files get uploaded there as you can imagine, none if which i take as legit or legal, i never trade any Pokemon i get from uploader.jp , i only inform other traders as to what is out there, i actually use PP.org to confirm any local wifi event .pk7 i get from uploader.jp via your WC collection before i would even consider giving it to anyone else.

I have known Sabre for a long time , back when PP first opened its doors, and back when the war vs Pokemon Secure was in full effect (My Secure username was DGee) , so be assured , this will never be traded by me or given to anyone until its legality is verified

Edited by Jackson2K12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jackson2K12 said:

The .pk7 file was uploaded to uploader.jp , the same place i got the PC Victini from the day before the actual release, which turned out to be legit based on the WC7 info i got from here.

Many files get uploaded there as you can imagine, none if which i take as legit or legal, i never trade any Pokemon i get from uploader.jp , i only inform other traders as to what is out there, i actually use PP.org to confirm any local wifi event .pk7 i get from uploader.jp via your WC collection before i would even consider giving it to anyone else.

I have known Sabre for a long time , back when PP first opened its doors, and back when the war vs Pokemon Secure was in full effect (My Secure username was DGee) , so be assured , this will never be traded by me or given to anyone until its legality is verified

Hey Jackson! Yeah that explains It! I think there are employees that upload them early. I have never seen a wondercard though.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Looking at what theSlayer's research says though, this Marshadow looks hacked , i got the WORLDS16 starters from uploader.jp that at the time i was convinced where legit, until you guys posted the WC for them and they turned out to be hacks.

Anyway sorry for messing up your thread here, and thank you guys for all you do.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Sorcier_malgache said:

Would someone be able to upload the "uploader.jp" marshadow file (or pm me that in case non legit things can't be shared here) ? I know it's not legit obviously but I'm just curious. Thanks

I will happily give it to Sabre or theSLAYER if they want it , then they can decide what to do with it in regards to the PP community

• Like 1

On 6/30/2017 at 10:46 PM, theSLAYER said:

/--edit--/

Based on the stats seen, with 0 EVs (assumed, because experience is 0),
The only nature that didn't cause an error when computing with Serebii.net IV calculator,
is Modest.

For future reference, an easier way to find nature is to just check the top screen. The stat in blue is decreased, while red is increased.

In any case, I'd be surprised if it was nature locked instead of allowing any nature.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kirzi said:

For future reference, an easier way to find nature is to just check the top screen. The stat in blue is decreased, while red is increased.

In any case, I'd be surprised if it was nature locked instead of allowing any nature.

I'm under the impression that Pokemon from movies have their natures locked, since it's a replica of the exact character.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm under the impression that Pokemon from movies have their natures locked, since it's a replica of the exact character.

It depends. Past movie mythicals weren't (Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion). But if you're right and it is based on a specific Pokemon, I suppose Marshadow could be different.

• Like 2

I'm gonna breakdown my responses into multiple parts:

1. It's not a distribution hack, but it's an elaborate fake
By hacking the text of the ROM, you can get either top or bottom screen to reproduce whatever text you want, hence it'll appear legitimate.
Example:
(test.PNG

the "Press A when done" can also be photoshopped and super imposed over a Golden Card Marshadow.
The Base of the Card is certainly easy to obtain:
cap1.PNG
(note: My katakana isn't active, so it uses the hiragana words instead. besides that, you'll notice the text are the same)
[using 2017 movie distribution text wouldn't even be a hard guess to make, lol]

To get both images displayed on 3DS (if it isn't photoshopped),
A simple 3ds homebrew that displays images (or even boot animations) can do the trick)

Is it too much trouble? Probably.
Would that stop trolls? No.

2. Mystery Gift Spoofing of sorts
Right now to my understanding, online spoofs of Mystery Gifts only distribute signed content, so lets set that aside.

However, Local Distribution could potentially be hacked.
In Gen 6, I remember being told that a fake event was somehow distributed.
(I think alongside the Machamp[?]; I can't find the link, but I'll get someone to testify to this eventually)

Nothing is stopping some genius troll, right? (tho I do find this to be more unlikely)

3. It's the real deal.. Somehow
Depending on scenario and context, this is a probable candidate.
Maybe someone works at the cinema, and they're testing the distribution system.
Wouldn't be the first time someone tests a wondercard before releasing it.
(look at all the test cards we get)

anyhow, if there's a problem I have with this,
It's that @jojo12100 mentioned video, but didn't actually share us the Twitter link.

We can't verify the information, without seeing it for ourselves -.-

• Like 2

4 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

However, Local Distribution could potentially be hacked.
In Gen 6, I remember being told that a fake event was somehow distributed.
(I think alongside the Machamp[?]; I can't find the link, but I'll get someone to testify to this eventually)

There was a "racist Gengar" distribution at German Nationals 2016, so you're right about it being alongside Machamp.

https://twitter.com/StreetPassGER/status/734400790480179201

• Like 1

So I guess it's safe to say July 3, 2017 in Japan is the early screening and distribution!

I'd also be cautious to those going online with the .wc7 and Marshadium Z-Crystal on their save that isn't using a Japanese 3DS until further notice.

Edited by Holla!
  • Like 1