Legality Check for Event Pokemon - Nickname is not checked

Sonic Blader

Hello!

Typically event pokemon cannot be nicknamed legally except in rare conditions.But the Legality checker does not check for the nickname status.

wRtZn7A.png

gUVKnOr.png

Also I was wondering if it was possible to add any option to refine the search results for Event Database by Language. You can see many Greninja in the above photo. Most of them are the same Ash-Greninja event pokemon with just different languages. So it would be useful to have an option which helps refine the results by showing only the event pokemon of a particular language.

Thank you! :D

Edited by Sonic Blader

Name Rater:

"However, if the player and the Pokémon's original Trainer have identical Trainer IDs and secret IDs (which is extremely unlikely), he will allow the player to change the Pokémon's nickname. In Generation V, both players must also have the same name and gender as well."

Sure I can add a Fishy flag, but it's technically possible to nickname events.

As for searching for a language, use the advanced search with the language ID as the property.

Yup that may be possible but the chance of that being actually true is next to impossible. If I am not wrong, even in Gen7 to nickname a pokemon the gender & OT should also match. Which makes it quite unlikely for someone to match them.

That would be great! Thank you!

I am not sure how advanced search works. Is there a list of commands I can refer to?

I have a couple of minor "bugs" with certain pokemon:-

1) Vivillon - It evolves at lv12 from Spewpa but I still get a Evolution not valid error. I had received it as an egg from someone in Gen6 and evolved it to Vivillon in Gen6. Then Pokebanked to Gen7.

2) Starly can be in Dream ball according to Serebii but PKHeX flags it as illegal.

qSOT4Bq.png

Edited by Sonic Blader

On 10/04/2017 at 2:38 AM, Sonic Blader said:

Here is the Vivillon I was referring to.

Thanks for the confirmation, theSLAYER!

666-10 - KoreanVulpix - 4493FF01AE3D.pk7

testing the file, it only turns legal when level is 27, for some odd reason.

Issue exists for Vivillon hatched in SM.
(affects SM save file)

Issue doesn't seem to exist when using XY save file in PKHeX

22 minutes ago, Sonic Blader said:

Torchic, Treecko & Mudkip and their evolutions can be in Dream balls.

http://www.serebii.net/games/geniiiball.shtml

But PKHeX flags them as illegal.

You sure you looking at gen7? They appear fine with gen7 origin, but can't be inherited via gen6 as males didn't pass balls yet.

All situations are analyzed correctly with the latest commits...

• Like 1