SM - Alolan Vulpix Common Password (KOR)

theSLAYER

2017-03-28_11-40-08-14811-1490668808.png

To commemorate the first showing of Pocket Monster Sun & Moon (Anime) on South Korea's Tooniverse! channel,
An Alolan Vulpix will be given away during the first episode's broadcast,
via common password on April 4th, 17:00 KST.

These type of events are typically region locked,
meaning the serial code will likely only be usable on a Korean 3DS.

We will continue to update this page, as the story develops.

Source: https://story.kakao.com/ch/pokemonkorea/gVO1pvhvJc0
Thanks @Lady Ariel for the heads up!

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Personal view:
As with many Korean events,
I believe this is the rehash of the Sapporo's Alolan Vulpix we have gotten earlier.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

Most likely it will have a different TID/SID, so that is cool.

It will be a super common event because you could throw away the WC and get it again I assume? If you still can't get it again, then it must track serial codes somewhere.

WC ID likely different too.

The translation of the source says it can only be received once.

PKHeX indicates that it does store received wonder card ID, and that value doesn't get deleted when WC is deleted,
so you likely can't receive a WC again if the WC ID is already stored.

(hence, if Repeated WC gets deleted, it may be possible you'll stop receiving them too)

59 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

(hence, if Repeated WC gets deleted, it may be possible you'll stop receiving them too)

What makes you say that?

It's true that deleting a WC doesn't allow you to receive the same event again, but I don't see how that would affect events desighed to allow you to receive multiple.

6 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

So what happens if you run out of WCID space? You can never receive a WC again?  Sorry if this is off-topic.

You can delete WCs to receive different events. Just not the same event again (except multi obtainable events).

I was thinking if a wonder card may be multi-obtainable, but that's because the flag on the existing wonder card allows for it.
Perhaps if you deleted the WC, it can't check against the flag.

Or, the server-side relentless pushes it in, because the wonder card it is sending still has the flag on it.

Hard to test, until I can multiple serial codes and I delete an existing wonder card of the same ID.

55 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Or, the server-side relentless pushes it in, because the wonder card it is sending still has the flag on it.

That would be my guess, since otherwise the system is bugged. And I haven't heard of anyone complaining about any weird situations where a valid unused code couldn't be redeemed.

Also, it seems that for multi-obtainable events, it doesn't actually store the WC ID in the internal received list at all in most cases. I just opened up a couple of my JPN saves, and neither WC 0137 (VC Mew) nor WC 0161 (JPN movie Volcanion) are listed in the received list, even though their used wondercards are still on the save. Interestingly though, 0095 (Hiroshima Magikarp) is on the received list, even though it was also multi obtainable. Maybe because it isn't a code? (disregard, I forgot I was testing something on that save)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kirzi said:

That would be my guess, since otherwise the system is bugged. And I haven't heard of anyone complaining about any weird situations where a valid unused code couldn't be redeemed.

Also, it seems that for multi-obtainable events, it doesn't actually store the WC ID in the internal received list at all in most cases. I just opened up a couple of my JPN saves, and neither WC 0137 (VC Mew) nor WC 0161 (JPN movie Volcanion) are listed in the received list, even though their used wondercards are still on the save. Interestingly though, 0095 (Hiroshima Magikarp) is on the received list, even though it was also multi obtainable. Maybe because it isn't a code?

It's extremely weird that some are added and some aren't.

Perhaps it isn't added because it is multi-obtainable (tho that won't explain why magikarp's one was added)

I have strong suspicions that Ash Hat Pikachu will be multi-obtainable (since multiple forms, can get more codes from tickets),
so if you do get your own code, we'll at least know how gen 7 handles whether it's added to the receive list.

13 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

It's extremely weird that some are added and some aren't.

Perhaps it isn't added because it is multi-obtainable (tho that won't explain why magikarp's one was added)

I have strong suspicions that Ash Hat Pikachu will be multi-obtainable (since multiple forms, can get more codes from tickets),
so if you do get your own code, we'll at least know how gen 7 handles whether it's added to the receive list.

Disregard the part about Magikarp. I forgot I injected another one to test some stuff. So yea, I'd assume that all multi-obtainable events just don't get added to the received list.

I think I heard Pikachu was confirmed to be multi-obtainable. Regardless, I'll find out and report back (if I remember).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Holla! said:

So is this the first Gen VII Poke to be distributed via a serial code in Korean-region games?

Bulbapedia doesn't seem to have its Korean serial code page up for Gen VII as i'm posting.

Yes this is the first Korean region serial code event that will distribute a Pokemon in Generation VII, which is why I haven't created the page on Bulbapedia yet.

Edited by Lady Ariel
  • Like 1

On 30/3/2017 at 1:48 PM, theSLAYER said:

It seems like you misunderstand how the tag works.

Sapporo Vulpix can have KOR tag when received on Korean languaged save file.

Yeah but technically this is NOT the Sapporo Vulpix. It's a Korean-only one that looks like the Sapporo Vulpix xD

I do understand how tag works <3

Wow. Sorry for my inactivity. It was rather difficult getting past this Google Authenticator thing, because no matter how many times I tried, the code it gave me never worked. Somehow I got in this time. Who knows if that will happen again.

Anyways, this Vulpix doesn't look to be anything special. The only particulars are: OT is SunMoon, ID is 170404, and its in a Precious Ball. It comes at level 10, has no special moves (Ice Shard/Baby Doll Eyes/Roar/Tail Whip), has Snow Cloak (not Snow Warning), and I was able to soft reset it every time for different natures and even gender. IV seems completely randomised too. So unless you really like collecting events, it is just as good as a normal Vulpix you can find in the fields in Sun version. I guess it's also good for people with Moon version like me who cannot find it in the wild. :)

OHMkG0v.jpg

ISeiiaw.jpg

It's probably old news by now, but I'll just leave this here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wraith89 said:

Wow. Sorry for my inactivity. It was rather difficult getting past this Google Authenticator thing, because no matter how many times I tried, the code it gave me never worked. Somehow I got in this time. Who knows if that will happen again.

Anyways, this Vulpix doesn't look to be anything special. The only particulars are: OT is SunMoon, ID is 170404, and its in a Precious Ball. It comes at level 10, has no special moves (Ice Shard/Baby Doll Eyes/Roar/Tail Whip), has Snow Cloak (not Snow Warning), and I was able to soft reset it every time for different natures and even gender. IV seems completely randomised too. So unless you really like collecting events, it is just as good as a normal Vulpix you can find in the fields in Sun version. I guess it's also good for people with Moon version like me who cannot find it in the wild. :)

Hide contents

OHMkG0v.jpg

ISeiiaw.jpg

It's probably old news by now, but I'll just leave this here.

I'll be adding those images to our event gallery in a bit :)