Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size

anon73

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

ayo, i've been having the same problem. i messed up my main with someone else's main because i didn't really look into this topic and later realized that the main was someone else's thinking it would instead fix my problem instead. is there any way to get my deleted main back and i keep getting a pop up of error everytime i put my original main in pkhex.

15 hours ago, a1d4n said:

ayo, i've been having the same problem. i messed up my main with someone else's main because i didn't really look into this topic and later realized that the main was someone else's thinking it would instead fix my problem instead. is there any way to get my deleted main back and i keep getting a pop up of error everytime i put my original main in pkhex.

First of, if you somehow don't have a backup of any of the files, it is hard to imagine you can get a your "deleted main back".

Next:
(a) how are you playing the game. Emulator, retail device?
(b) how are you getting the save. Homebrew, accessing the emulator's save folder etc.
(b part 1) if on retail device, and extracted the save using homebrew, how are you transferring the save to your computer?
(c) how are you saving the game. Are you using the in-game save feature to save the game. (Open the menu in the game ->  hit Save)

Make sure you answer all parts above.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

First of, if you somehow don't have a backup of any of the files, it is hard to imagine you can get a your "deleted main back".

Next:
(a) how are you playing the game. Emulator, retail device?
(b) how are you getting the save. Homebrew, accessing the emulator's save folder etc.
(b part 1) if on retail device, and extracted the save using homebrew, how are you transferring the save to your computer?
(c) how are you saving the game. Are you using the in-game save feature to save the game. (Open the menu in the game ->  hit Save)

Make sure you answer all parts above.

i fixed the problem, thank you! ❤️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! Recently I've been playing Pokemon Omega Ruby on my 3ds using cartridge and sudennly my save file got corrupted. I'm not sure what happened, as I didn't make anything suspicious before it. I've installed boot9strap on my 3ds in hope that I will be able to fix the save file somehow, but unfortunately I wasn't.

I created backup of save file using Checkpoint and tried to open it in PKHeX (20210521) but I only got this error message:

image.png.c2d0db0a6c31202bed22e91c2eaaade7.png

I'm attaching .sav file in case you would be able to fix it somehow. I would be so grateful for this as I spent some time on this game and I have a few shiny and event Pokemons in it.

If it's not possible to recover save file, maybe it's possible to recover pokemon data?

Please let me know if it's not hopeless case. If you need any details, I'll be happy to answer them right away.

main

10 hours ago, Skwarek said:

Hi guys! Recently I've been playing Pokemon Omega Ruby on my 3ds using cartridge and sudennly my save file got corrupted. I'm not sure what happened, as I didn't make anything suspicious before it. I've installed boot9strap on my 3ds in hope that I will be able to fix the save file somehow, but unfortunately I wasn't.

I created backup of save file using Checkpoint and tried to open it in PKHeX (20210521) but I only got this error message:

image.png.c2d0db0a6c31202bed22e91c2eaaade7.png

I'm attaching .sav file in case you would be able to fix it somehow. I would be so grateful for this as I spent some time on this game and I have a few shiny and event Pokemons in it.

If it's not possible to recover save file, maybe it's possible to recover pokemon data?

Please let me know if it's not hopeless case. If you need any details, I'll be happy to answer them right away.

main 640 kB · 1 download

To be frank, I got no idea what happened to your save, that caused it to become unreadable.
This is mostly your save, the only block I didn't copy over is the "JPEG" block.

main

Spoiler

List of blocks according to PKHeX documentation: https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/blob/b5b4b67263e905ad4ba34ae574c68d20714d2047/PKHeX.Core/Saves/SAV6.cs

image.png

x represents the block that I didn't copy from your save.

On 1/3/2021 at 4:41 PM, kite0935 said:

I don't remember if your issue got addressed.
In any case, that file is not a save.

image.png

Just a bunch of garbage data. Hence why PKHeX won't read it.

Maybe you extracted it wrong, or didn't save right, or it's a fake cart, etc.

• Amazed 1

OMG! Thank you so much! You saved my Pokemons and almost 100h of game :D. How can I repay you?

As for this JPEG block, I wonder what it is exactly and why it corrupted my save file.

I also noticed a few boxes of bad eggs in my storage (I screenshoted only two boxes, but it all boxes from box 25 to box 31 were filled with bad eggs). I wonder if these were actual Pokemons or just corruption. To be honest, I don't remember if I had these boxes filled up or not.

Anyway, thank you again! I really appreciate it :).

2021-05-26_11-29-27.757_top.bmp2021-05-26_11-29-27.757_bot.bmp2021-05-26_11-28-44.509_bot.bmp2021-05-26_11-28-25.684_bot.bmp

4 minutes ago, Skwarek said:

OMG! Thank you so much! You saved my Pokemons and almost 100h of game :D. How can I repay you?

As for this JPEG block, I wonder what it is exactly and why it corrupted my save file.

I also noticed a few boxes of bad eggs in my storage (I screenshoted only two boxes, but it all boxes from box 25 to box 31 were filled with bad eggs). I wonder if these were actual Pokemons or just corruption. To be honest, I don't remember if I had these boxes filled up or not.

Anyway, thank you again! I really appreciate it :).

2021-05-26_11-29-27.757_top.bmp 281.3 kB · 1 download 2021-05-26_11-29-27.757_bot.bmp 225.05 kB · 0 downloads 2021-05-26_11-28-44.509_bot.bmp 225.05 kB · 0 downloads 2021-05-26_11-28-25.684_bot.bmp 225.05 kB · 0 downloads

were the bad eggs there before the corruption?

maybe your save corrupted starting from a certain point (which visually would be starting from where you shown, box 25-26 ish), and messed up everything behind it.

If you refer back to the image I shown earlier, the last 2 blocks in the save is BOX and JPEG, so maybe that's what happened.
Well, you could just clear the boxes with PKHeX.

In any case, just glad it all worked out :3
And in the future, always keep periodic save backups. If your cart is dying, it would be good to keep backups before it RIPs.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

were the bad eggs there before the corruption?

maybe your save corrupted starting from a certain point (which visually would be starting from where you shown, box 25-26 ish), and messed up everything behind it.

If you refer back to the image I shown earlier, the last 2 blocks in the save is BOX and JPEG, so maybe that's what happened.
Well, you could just clear the boxes with PKHeX.

In any case, just glad it all worked out :3
And in the future, always keep periodic save backups. If your cart is dying, it would be good to keep backups before it RIPs.

No, certainly not, I don't remember if there were pokemons in these boxes, but I'm sure that there were no bad eggs.

I'll be doing backups from now on. Earlier I didn't have hacked console, but this situation with corrupted save, encouraged me to do it :D. Now I have backed up saves for all my 3ds Pokemon games so, they should be safe now.

Thank you again!

28 minutes ago, Skwarek said:

No, certainly not, I don't remember if there were pokemons in these boxes, but I'm sure that there were no bad eggs.

I'll be doing backups from now on. Earlier I didn't have hacked console, but this situation with corrupted save, encouraged me to do it :D. Now I have backed up saves for all my 3ds Pokemon games so, they should be safe now.

Thank you again!

So I looked back at your save, and basically from the position where you didn't have bad eggs, it becomes empty.
(Even empty slots won't display as a bunch of 00s in data)

image.png

So yeah, it does look like after that location, your save died ><

edit: it looks like your data got split up.
I managed to find the other boxes in the following data.

main
(ignore the Yveltal; I was using it as a marker to find the starting position of the bad eggs)
edit again: on second thought, it looks like I found a clone of your initial boxes? for some odd reason your data in the save itself was cloned, which is abnormal. That's probably another reason why the save cannot be recognized..

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

hi! i find this site a bit hard to use and go around so i want to reply here if none of you guys mind. i am having a issue with pkhex when transferring the exported file from visual boy advance on pokemon ruby. it has been showing me the same error for pokemon emerald too. is there any fix to this?  the save file is flash 128K. thanks in advance. image.thumb.png.cf678aa85dbb3c7e18bb92c2a73ca83d.png

Edited by TeamGalaxyGamer

21 minutes ago, TeamGalaxyGamer said:

hi! i find this site a bit hard to use and go around so i want to reply here if none of you guys mind. i am having a issue with pkhex when transferring the exported file from visual boy advance on pokemon ruby. it has been showing me the same error for pokemon emerald too. is there any fix to this?  the save file is flash 128K. thanks in advance. image.thumb.png.cf678aa85dbb3c7e18bb92c2a73ca83d.png

Haven't you already replied to a thread about the same issue.

Sigh. Upload your save.

hi! did not expect a reply this soon, sorry for replying twice but here are the saves (exported files from visual boy advance) i have 2 as of now both dont work and one is later onin the game Pokemon - Ruby Version (U) (V1.1).SAVPokemon - Ruby Version (U) (V1.1)1.SAV

and the saves i have, they are not sav format which i think is supposed to be like that.

1 minute ago, TeamGalaxyGamer said:

hi! did not expect a reply this soon, sorry for replying twice but here are the saves (exported files from visual boy advance) i have 2 as of now both dont work and one is later onin the game Pokemon - Ruby Version (U) (V1.1).SAVPokemon - Ruby Version (U) (V1.1)1.SAV

and the saves i have, they are not sav format which i think is supposed to be like that.

Save states (SGM) are useless for us, and uploading ROMs are against our rules. Don't do it again.

edit:
image.png

Your save files are completely blank. Save in game twice (using the game menu, not the emulator menu) before trying again.

• 4 months later...

hey i am actually new so and idk where to ask quest so i am asking here i u dont mind i was wondering about the pkmn database it does not work for i try to use database to make the pokemon legal but some pokemon are not in any other database so i was wondering if you could help me and if there is any kind of tutorial pls reply any help will be appriciatedimage.png.46362a67a128937079d22b30289bae58.png

Edited by someone_