Any way to EV/Base Stat Train and have a Pokémon gain Exp. in PKHeX

BeyondTheHorizon

I'm probably talking quite big here, and the title needs elaboration.

Say I fight a wild Lv4 Rattata in the grass. If I defeat it, my Pokémon would gain approximately 32 Exp. It would also gain the following EVs/Base Stats, depending on the generation:

• Generation I-II: 30 HP, 56 Atk, 35 Def, 25 Spc and 72 Spe (Base Stats)

• Generation III+: 1 Spe (EVs)

What I was wondering is, is there a way for PKHeX to calculate EVs/Base Stats and experience gained from defeating Pokémon? I'm guessing it requires the Batch Editor if it does. I was asking because I don't want to give my Pokémon max EVs/Base Stats as that would make the game too easy, and manually calculating everything is really tedious.

If PKHeX doesn't have this feature, I do understand it would take a long time to implement it.

OK, have a great day, everybody.

Would require knowing which species is being battled as well as what level.

I can't see this being added to PKHeX (maybe as a helper function to Core and used by a separate app), just bump the level by a few manually and start using it when it's underleveled.

4 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Would require knowing which species is being battled as well as what level.

I can't see this being added to PKHeX (maybe as a helper function to Core and used by a separate app), just bump the level by a few manually and start using it when it's underleveled.

I understand. I thought I was talking quite big there and it would take a long time to implement. Oh well, it was an idea.

Sorry for the double-post, but in case somebody wants to implement this feature anyway, these sites would immensely help.

Note that Metalkid's Experience Calculator sometimes gives results 1 point higher for trained Pokémon. For example, a Lv5 Eevee yields 97 Exp. when defeated but the calculator says it yields 98 Exp.

Are you looking for a simple calculator,
so that you know how many Ratatta you need to defeat,
or you want to use it to reverse calculate how many Rattata this Pokemon has defeated?

Before anyone is going to do this,
you may have to sell the idea on why is this even necessary?

12 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Are you looking for a simple calculator,
so that you know how many Ratatta you need to defeat,
or you want to use it to reverse calculate how many Rattata this Pokemon has defeated?

Before anyone is going to do this,
you may have to sell the idea on why is this even necessary?

I used Rattata as an example, but to answer the first question, I thought one could select a Pokémon from a drop-down list and select its Level, as well as tick Exp.-related boxes like "Is the defeated Pokémon wild or trained?" or "Is this Pokémon holding a Lucky Egg?" and it would give you the Exp. you'd gain and the Base Stats/EVs. Then one could repeat the process for a second Pokémon and it would automatically calculate the results.

To answer the second question, I thought that some PKHeX users would want a way to Base Stat/EV Train their Pokémon without having to manually fight Pokémon after Pokémon in the game(s). It would also help PKHeX users who don't want to max their Pokémon's Base Stats/EVs and consequently breeze through the game.

By the bye, I also found Psypoke's Experience Calculator which seems to be more accurate for calculating Exp. for the first four generations than Metalkid's, though it only lists Pokémon up to Gen V and doesn't take into account the scaled formula (as Bulbapedia calls it) for that generation like Metalkid's does.

9 minutes ago, BeyondTheHorizon said:

I used Rattata as an example, but to answer the first question, I thought one could select a Pokémon from a drop-down list and select its Level, as well as tick Exp.-related boxes like "Is the defeated Pokémon wild or trained?" or "Is this Pokémon holding a Lucky Egg?" and it would give you the Exp. you'd gain and the Base Stats/EVs. Then one could repeat the process for a second Pokémon and it would automatically calculate the results.

But a Pokemon could have been trained against various Pokemon.
So EXP and Stat could vary from player to player, right?

9 minutes ago, BeyondTheHorizon said:

To answer the second question, I thought that some PKHeX users would want a way to Base Stat/EV Train their Pokémon without having to manually fight Pokémon after Pokémon in the game(s). It would also help PKHeX users who don't want to max their Pokémon's Base Stats/EVs and consequently breeze through the game.

Can't you simply.. give it the amount of EV and EXP you want using PKHeX?

It's not like EV gain and EXP gain is tied.

EVs can be gained via items too, or PokePelago, and can also be reduced by berries,
and EXP gain is not just from battling, but also in Daycare center, and PokePelago.

Ultimately, this EXP and EV isn't tied, and you can almost set it to whatever value you want (just follow the 510, 252 restrictions),
so I don't entirely see the point to this.

I don't want to come across as harsh,
but ultimately what you want to do, you want to do it via PKHeX (if implemented).

So it's not like you're using the calculator to train manually (which is what people use it for).
So do the same, using PKHeX to just set your Pokemon to level 50 (or highest evolution level), give them the EVs you want.

[This sounds interesting, I give you that. But I'm not sure if there's any value in implementing it..]

18 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

But a Pokemon could have been trained against various Pokemon.
So EXP and Stat could vary from player to player, right?

Can't you simply.. give it the amount of EV and EXP you want using PKHeX?

It's not like EV gain and EXP gain is tied.

EVs can be gained via items too, or PokePelago, and can also be reduced by berries,
and EXP gain is not just from battling, but also in Daycare center, and PokePelago.

Ultimately, this EXP and EV isn't tied, and you can almost set it to whatever value you want (just follow the 510, 252 restrictions),
so I don't entirely see the point to this.

I don't want to come across as harsh,
but ultimately what you want to do, you want to do it via PKHeX (if implemented).

So it's not like you're using the calculator to train manually (which is what people use it for).
So do the same, using PKHeX to just set your Pokemon to level 50 (or highest evolution level), give them the EVs you want.

[This sounds interesting, I give you that. But I'm not sure if there's any value in implementing it..]

I apologize for this idea. I don't think I took into account just how complicated this would be. It seems this won't happen. Oh well. Game Over, I guess.

Sorry for the double-post again, but I've actually made a (admittedly extremely crude) Base Stat/EV Calculator in LibreOffice Calc, a free and open-source alternative to Microsoft Office Excel. It calculates Base Stats for the first two generations (in Gen II, Special Base Stats are calculated from the defeated Pokémon's Sp. Attack stat) and EVs for future generations.

I can't figure out how to make an Exp. calculator as the formula is too complicated for my simple brain and changes with each generation. I have tried, but to no avail. So Metalkid and Psypoke it is.

I have, however, sent a request to Metalkid in hopes for correcting the error with his Exp. Calculator. There! Now I feel like I've actually accomplished something.

pokemon base stat-ev calculator.jpg

pokemon base stat-ev calculator.ods

Edited by BeyondTheHorizon
Changed "Calculate" in LibreOffice file to "Total"