gen 4/5 pid reroll

khamul

Currently, I'm trying to re-roll the PID's of pokemon that are from Gen 5/4 (pk6) with PKHex however I'm not sure if they're actually valid PID rerolls or if PKHex even supports it. I remember PKHex was not compatible with some previous gens a while back which is why I'm not sure. I know there is PokeGen but I can't convert my pk6 files back to pk5/4 (assuming PKHex doesn't validly reroll PIDs). So does it reroll using valid previous gen PIDs or do I have to somehow go back to an older editor?

latest version

pk6 files but pokemon are from hg/ss and b/w / b/w2. 95% of the files are from HG/SS so b/w is almost irrelevant and mostly for questions sake.

Edited by khamul

PID is just a number that is used in some generations to derive Nature / Gender / Ability / Form (gen3 only). It's just a random 32 bit value, any number is valid.

PID-IV combinations are another story; they vary per generation and origin console and only matter for gen3/4. PKHeX does not do any PID-IV relationship when picking a PID; it only generates for Nature/Gender/Ability/Form. Adding in IVs and a RNG method would result in many impossible IV setups... hence it's up to the user to manually pick a PID for their IVs if that's something they really care about.

• Like 3

I see. So using PokeGen could I copy/paste the PID from PG's pid generator then paste it onto the pk6 files using PKHex that are from gen4? Do I just have to copy and paste or is there more to it?

Edited by khamul