PKHeX is Not Saving Data

LivvyLane

I really hope I'm just missing something.

I've loaded the latest version of PKHex, gotten a save file from off my game, opened the save file in PXHex and got to work making changes. I only changed existing pokemon, giving them held items or changing their levels, all checked for legality. When I was done, I went to Export SAV -> Export main. I got the message that my file was saved. And then I was able to load everything into my game but I noticed that none of my changes were in place. 

I went back to PKHex and opened the main file I had just exported and saw that it had absolutely none of my changes.

I've tried a couple different things; creating a new file instead of overwriting one, saving directly to my hard drive and not my SD card - none of these work. Instead of just editing stats for existing pokemon, I made a copy of one of them and then exported the SAV.  I was surprised to see that the copied pokemon showed up in the main file, but none of the stat changes I made were saved. So it seems like the save is working, but only for making exact copies of existing pokemon.

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 hour ago, LivvyLane said:

I really hope I'm just missing something.

I've loaded the latest version of PKHex, gotten a save file from off my game, opened the save file in PXHex and got to work making changes. I only changed existing pokemon, giving them held items or changing their levels, all checked for legality. When I was done, I went to Export SAV -> Export main. I got the message that my file was saved. And then I was able to load everything into my game but I noticed that none of my changes were in place. 

I went back to PKHex and opened the main file I had just exported and saw that it had absolutely none of my changes.

I've tried a couple different things; creating a new file instead of overwriting one, saving directly to my hard drive and not my SD card - none of these work. Instead of just editing stats for existing pokemon, I made a copy of one of them and then exported the SAV.  I was surprised to see that the copied pokemon showed up in the main file, but none of the stat changes I made were saved. So it seems like the save is working, but only for making exact copies of existing pokemon.

Has anyone else experienced this?

quick question... did you "set" each pokemon after you edited them? I notice that in your description you didnt mention that step before you export sav.

• 6 years later...
On 3/2/2017 at 6:00 PM, jasenyoface said:

quick question... did you "set" each pokemon after you edited them? I notice that in your description you didnt mention that step before you export sav.

Necro here: What does "set" mean?

Edit: Never mind.  Figured it out myself.

Edited by Nickfan1
Question became redundant.