Pokemon Ranger Manaphy Egg Reset?

YoshiMoshi

Do you know how can delete my save (everything) so I can get another? Bulbapedia says with other hardware and software you can delete the save  (com0letley) so u can get more than one. But doesn't elaborate how. Anyone can provide details on how to do it on a retail cart? And exactly what hardware and software is needed?

I'm 99% sure there used to be an AR code which removed the check to allow a Ranger game to distribute more than one Manaphy egg. I've done a quick search and I can't find it, perhaps someone else will be able to. AR codes seem to fall in to obscurity eventually and generally become difficult to find. 

• Like 1

On 27/02/2017 at 10:51 AM, suloku said:

You may use a NDS flashcart or a 3DS that can run hombrew or has custom firmware to mingle with NDS carts save data, as sugested by ThisIsDaAccount

Maybe you can find how to reset the savefile in the game's manual, just like the main series games can: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/ds.jsp

If you reset the save using in-game methods, the manaphy flag stays the same. You need to use external tool to completely wipe the save of the cartridge

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thaleskpl said:

If you reset the save using in-game methods, the manaphy flag stays the same. You need to use external tool to completely wipe the save of the cartridge

Just curious, which external tool would you recommend to do this with? I have an R4 cartridge for the DS. If you can't say, please PM. 

Specifically the one I personally use is 0.3.0.RC1 and never had a problem. You would need to setup a WEP network or use a slot2 compatible device for backup/restore purposes, but if you only want to wipe the savedata I think you'll only need to run the .nds file, select the option and follow instructions.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, suloku said:

Specifically the one I personally use is 0.3.0.RC1 and never had a problem. You would need to setup a WEP network or use a slot2 compatible device for backup/restore purposes, but if you only want to wipe the savedata I think you'll only need to run the .nds file, select the option and follow instructions.

Oh I already have that set up, does that literally wipe the game data to allow another Manaphy egg to be obtained? :o

4 hours ago, Soniktts said:

Oh I already have that set up, does that literally wipe the game data to allow another Manaphy egg to be obtained? :o

Got home about now. Couldn't remember the name of the tool I used, but that's it. If you wipe the save data, the cartridge will be the same as a new one, so you will be able to get a manaphy after beating the campain again

4 hours ago, thaleskpl said:

Got home about now. Couldn't remember the name of the tool I used, but that's it. If you wipe the save data, the cartridge will be the same as a new one, so you will be able to get a manaphy after beating the campain again

Didn't realise it was that simple, how awesome. That's handy to know, thank you. 

Yes, the wipe save data basically wipes it, probably by writing all of it as 0xFF (you could also restore a full 0xFF savegame to obtain the same result, a corrupted save might also make the game reset the save on itself).
In any case, you might be interested in just restoring a savedata that can distribute the manaphy egg instead of replaying the whole thing, there's one available at gamefaqs, and also at digiex.

• 5 years later...
10 hours ago, ThunderSpark91 said:

What is 0.3.0.RC1? Is it Akaio? Can be it used on a r4 cartridge?

0.3.0.RC1 is the latest version of Savegame Manager. It can be used on R4 and other NDS flashcards to dump your save file. You can get it from the post below.

If you have a 3DS there are better ways to get your save.