Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Translation Patch.

KazoWAR

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it moves too fast to screenshot. i'm using a PC, all the other patches worked except for 5.

Doesn't mean you couldn't try. But ah well. It may be a problem with the patch then. You might want to just stick with 4 until a newer one comes along.

Alright, I'm using an M3i Zero with Sakura 1.41, and I'm not having problems with blackscreening or crashing, but with each patch when I save it freezes on "Saving a lot of data..." and the music continues to play. I haven't tried using the AR code because I don't know the patched Game ID and I can't edit a .db file with R4cce. Besides, it says it fixes blackscreening, which I don't get. Is there any way to help?

Sorry if this was previously answered, I searched "M3" in the thread and got a result for a M3 DS Real that didn't have a reply for two pages so I just guessed it wasn't answered.

Uhhh, hm. I can't say I'd really know what to do. What are you using, a Mac or PC? That might effect it. If you can try to screen shot the text so you can see it.

well the problem wouldnt be with the os he needs to have a clean version and when he uses the clean rom then it will shoot it off in the original origin of the file the reason it wont patch like that is cause its not original :P

Thank you for the regular updates, KazoWAR! You're going a great job. Also, this may have been fixed already (assuming it was an error in the first place), but if not, the Card Key you were supposed to get during the Radio Tower invasion was named Desperation Hook or something to that effect, from what I recall. If that was intentional or already fixed, then just ignore this whole thing. :P

There is one problem I am facing with New Version 5.

When I save the Version 5 Heart Gold game in R4 with actual NDS and transfer that save file to No$GBA that runs Version 5 Heart Gold game, the No$GBA won't load the save file. It notes that rom-image has crashed. With the unpatched Japanese version I could transfer the saved file from NDS R4 to No$GBA with no problem at all.

Okay, I have a problem, and it goes like this:

I'm running SoulSilver on nogba, with the v5 + Rudolph's patch. Now, I had no problems with any of the other patches besides the usual random crash.

With this patch, it crashes every time right after it tells you that you saved.

is it the patch? Or something I'm doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

On a side note, is Rudolph the only one to release a anti-freeze patch?

And is there only one version?

There is one problem I am facing with New Version 5.

When I save the Version 5 Heart Gold game in R4 with actual NDS and transfer that save file to No$GBA that runs Version 5 Heart Gold game, the No$GBA won't load the save file. It notes that rom-image has crashed. With the unpatched Japanese version I could transfer the saved file from NDS R4 to No$GBA with no problem at all.

this is what you ned bud its what i use from no$gba to acekard2i

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php#

easy to use :)

edit for kazo

here is a offical list of the items well key items everything else seems to be fine :)

http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/items.shtml

Edited by Dash
edit for kazo

this is what you ned bud its what i use from no$gba to acekard2i

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php#

easy to use :)

edit for kazo

here is a offical list of the items well key items everything else seems to be fine :)

http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/items.shtml

Yeah, I already tried that website you have given me before I posted previous message. and guess what. The No$GBA still says the rom-image has crashed when I attempt to load Heart Gold save file from R4 to No$GBA.

The save file itself is not corrupted because when I put saved file from R4 to DESmuMe it worked. However it brings another question if No$GBA emulator is corrupted, but of course it is not. Since, the both save file and No$GBA are working properly, why would I get "rom-image crash" message?

Hmm. Well, I fixed my problem. I have no idea if this will help those who use flashcards and the such, but for us Nogba players, this SHOULD solve it all.

Save problems, crash problems.. say goodbye:

1. Patch your Nogba here if you've never done it: http://cscomputing.org/downloads.php?cat=8 (No more AR code!)

2. Get the three files: dsbios7, dsbios9, and firmware.bin. I dunno if I can tell you where to get these, but use Google. -- Set it up so it loads from bios. (Goodbye crashes!!)

3. Patch Rudolph's and Kazo's patches SEPERATE. I can't even load the game with the pre-combined one. (See ya save problems!)

4. Of course, set your save type to Flash512K, just for safety. (??)

If you did this right, your Nogba should run for at least four hours without ANY defects... I've yet to play longer than that..

If this doesn't work for anyone, let me know. Because it worked wonders for me.

Yeah, I already tried that website you have given me before I posted previous message. and guess what. The No$GBA still says the rom-image has crashed when I attempt to load Heart Gold save file from R4 to No$GBA.

The save file itself is not corrupted because when I put saved file from R4 to DESmuMe it worked. However it brings another question if No$GBA emulator is corrupted, but of course it is not. Since, the both save file and No$GBA are working properly, why would I get "rom-image crash" message?

well as long as you place the sav in the battery folder in the no$ you should be fine the rom is acting up what i would say is delete it from the comp and replace that rom with the one from your r4 bud :) and see what happens

Heya, just wanted to say thank you for the awesome patch!!!!

I don't understand ANY Japanese, and so thought that i wouldn't be able to play Pokemon HG/SS until it's released next year. BUT thanks to your patches, the game has now been playable for me!

The only thing that I'm wanting now, is translation of the phone calls i keep getting, and of the radio channel that tells you about where the swarms are (Prof. Oak's channel).

You're doing excellent work!!! Keep it up A+++++

Hmm. Well, I fixed my problem. I have no idea if this will help those who use flashcards and the such, but for us Nogba players, this SHOULD solve it all.

Save problems, crash problems.. say goodbye:

1. Patch your Nogba here if you've never done it: http://cscomputing.org/downloads.php?cat=8 (No more AR code!)

2. Get the three files: dsbios7, dsbios9, and firmware.bin. I dunno if I can tell you where to get these, but use Google. -- Set it up so it loads from bios. (Goodbye crashes!!)

3. Patch Rudolph's and Kazo's patches SEPERATE. I can't even load the game with the pre-combined one. (See ya save problems!)

4. Of course, set your save type to Flash512K, just for safety. (??)

If you did this right, your Nogba should run for at least four hours without ANY defects... I've yet to play longer than that..

If this doesn't work for anyone, let me know. Because it worked wonders for me.

I will try that sometime in the future. If that method doesn't work for me I probably have messed up the 3rd step cause I didn't quite understand what you said. Reason why is I thought the Version 5 patch patches both Rudolph's and Kazo's at the same time. If it should be patched seperately, can you tell me how?

well as long as you place the sav in the battery folder in the no$ you should be fine the rom is acting up what i would say is delete it from the comp and replace that rom with the one from your r4 bud :) and see what happens

I already performed that method. I directly copied the rom and the save file from R4 to No$GBA folder. I put the directly copied save file to 'Battery' folder and rom in No$GBA folder -> still no luck. Oh yeah, and I set my save setting for the emulator to "FLASH 512kBytes" + the AR code for anti-black screen (from the first post in this thread).

I'm sure I made a mistake on that..... I'm not sure. I think the prepatched one didn't work because I didn't encrypt it... I'll test this as soon as I repatch everything.

But on the first page here, there's two options: v5 Patch and v5 + Rudolph's

The v5 Patch is just Kazo's. The other one includes Rudolph's.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K32R0HU5 --- This is Rudolph's patch sep. from Kazo's.

Of course, you'll need to run Rudolph's then Kazo's and all that..

I also did the arm7 fix with a Japanese Platinum as the donor. That's running flawless as well.

I really have no idea about flashcarts, I wish I could help specifically.. but yeah.

(But..

One more test. An un-touched, clean SoulSilver rom, running with no AR code, nothing.

Just a patched Nogba 2.6a running on bios. We'll see how this goes.)

Okay, here's the end all Nogba fixes:

Patch your Nogba where I said in my previous post. Your game will still crash running on bios if you don't have this, as far as I know.

Get ndsbios7, ndsbios9, and firmware.bin. Run Nogba from the startup point GBA Bios.

Make sure your rom is encrypted. This should fix ALL Nogba problems. A clean SS and just Kazo's patch run perfect on this setup.

OR.... take the easy route, download my Nogba folder and just rename your save to

Pokemon Soul Silver (P).SAV and replace the one already there. --- The "file" on it is patched with the arm7 fix, Rudolph's patch, and Kazo's translation. I uploaded it only after I assured COMPLETE stability. So if THAT doesn't work, then I dunno.. but here's the URL.

"This zip does NOT contain a rom... roms are illegal."

http://rapidshare.com/files/283258413/No_gba_Perfect_w-SS_and_save.zip

Edit: On Nogba, if you switch your savetype without loading your save file, it won't recognize it.

What this means is, you'll need to start up your game, switch save types, save options in Nogba but DON"T reset it... save your game. Then exit. Now you have a Flash512k .sav :)

Again, tell me if I'm wrong, because I'm going on what worked and didn't work for me.

EDIT: Clean (but encrypted) SoulSilver J rom does NOT crash on a patched Nogba running bios. At least during a stress test (in an out of buildings, in and out of the pokegear and pokedex. Constantly saving.) I'll continue testing this along with a rom running just Kazo's patch. If everything turns out fine, it'll mean the arm7 fix and Rudolph's patch are obsolete. Also, the prepatched one did in fact not work because it was decrypted. Ran enDSryptS on it, and it loaded from bios. Pfft.

Edited by Parma
Flash512k???/Fix

OR.... take the easy route, download my Nogba folder and just rename your save to

Pokemon Soul Silver (P).SAV and replace the one already there. --- The "file" on it is patched with the arm7 fix, Rudolph's patch, and Kazo's translation. I uploaded it only after I assured COMPLETE stability. So if THAT doesn't work, then I dunno.. but here's the URL.

"This zip does NOT contain a rom... roms are illegal."

http://rapidshare.com/files/28325841...S_and_save.zip

Thanks for the information you had written and the hard work you did for me, PARMA. (and DASH for answering to my problem also.) I give a great praise to you. I followed the patch of emulator and all does bios/firmware. and guess what? I managed to load the save file in No$GBA! No more crashing-image problems from now on. ^^

I'll continue testing this along with a rom running just Kazo's patch.

I don't think you have to do this for me cause thanks to you, the problem is gone.

The steps I took to do it was...

1) Patch the clean HG/SS rom with Kazo's Version 5 patch using "xdeltaGUI"

2) Bring the patched rom to the program that does the NDS rom encrypting

3) Encrypt the patched rom

4) Turns out to be a success at loading save file that was brought directly from R4