Pokemon Gen 4 and 5 Distribution Cartridge Collection - 26/27 - Help Me Get Last One!

YoshiMoshi

20170217_225438.thumb.jpg.e0c2fabc031ab793b5726e2673337c08.jpg

Guys please help me! I'm so close to completing my goal! I only need one more to assemble the complete gen 4 and 5 USA and EUR distribution carts. I have 16/16 USA and 10/11 EUR. I'm only missing EUR Arcesus. If anyone has one, please I beg u please sell it to me. I really would like to complete my collection. So I can hang it up on my wall in a frame and case it like a work of art that I can admire Every time I walk by it. That would be wonderful. Guys please if you have the cart, please consider selling it to me.

20170217_225457.jpg

20170217_225505.jpg

On 18.2.2017 at 10:27 AM, Purin said:

NZone Pikachu (Germany)

Do you have any kind of ''evidence'' for this? I know you said ''may exist'', but if you know anything about it i would like to know.

Edited by Guest

I think there's a line between how you could call "complete" distribution collections, but I guess that depends on a person's definition. We know of more carts existing than those that have actually leaked into collector hands, as well as some carts that only a few of have leaked. It's almost hoping for a miracle when you expect to obtain a cart that hasn't yet leaked from Nintendo, or of those only a few people actually possess.

When you look at NDS carts that have actually leaked, I think YoshiMoshi now has all that are currently obtainable that anyone could eventually obtain if they wanted to collect distribution carts(besides EUR Arceus). The other stuff would be extremely difficult to obtain, so I'd say his collection is complete, from a certain perspective.

As for other carts existing that are "obtainable", there's the GBA carts like the 5 languages of the European 10th Anniversary, the 5 languages of Aura Mew, UK Shiny Zigzagoon/Berry Glitch Fix, and US and UK Aurora Ticket. A few other GBA carts are out there, but their identities have been kept secret(mostly).

I heard a few Gen I Mew cartridges(Blue full of Mews to trade, like the Mystery Mew) exist in collector hands as well, though I don't think there are many.

Edited by Deoxyz

I understand your point, but I'd still say everything should be counted in when talking "complete collection". Otherwise I'd just say "I reached my goal". *shurgs* (Just my opinion!)

For example, the US Manaphy distribution card didn't show up on eBay until the huge dumpster diving took place around 10 years later. People bragged about their collection being complete while all the time it clearly wasn't. If something exists, it should have its place in the "full collection", no matter how hard to find it might be. The infamous Nintendo World Championships cartridges (even fewer copies than non-mass-produced Pokémon distributions exist), NES Stadium Events etc. are also hard to find and cost a fortune when they turn up, but they're still considered part of the full collection.

Oh, and Gen I Mew wasn't distributed by trading, so those are probably fake? It was an actual distribution system with a Game Boy cartridge slot, a TV, and a Super Famicom controller. For Celebi the same system was used, but the case had a different color. Source: I went to the events myself 17 years ago.

1 hour ago, Purin said:

Oh, and Gen I Mew wasn't distributed by trading, so those are probably fake? It was an actual distribution system with a Game Boy cartridge slot, a TV, and a Super Famicom controller. For Celebi the same system was used, but the case had a different color. Source: I went to the events myself 17 years ago.

Excuse me sir, but the first Toys R Us distributions (the YOSHIRA/YOSHIBA OTs) did use trading based distribution, I personally contacted two former employees that confirmed this (each by his own), and the Mew from the "Mew machine" is nicknamed, while the cart based ones aren't. You may check yourself here: 

The distribution in spain also was a direct trade (although there's obscure data about that one...)

Also, nobody really knows how those "send nintendo your cartridge" distributions worked for gen 1. They might have had just a cart full of mews and they traded over manually... who knows.

ps: Also, at the very first Mew machine distribution in the US, the very first day, since the machines were still under testing, the employees got the mew transfered to their cart, then they traded it via link cable to the attendants (I guess this didn't last much, but as a curiosity even mew machine mews were officially distribute via trade).

ps2: yes, I still need to write my document about everything I've learnt about the mew distributions (it's not much more than what I've already posted here and there, but I want it compiled and for anyone interested to check).

ps3: do you know if japanese Mew Machine mews also had the "fixed DVs" ?

Apologies, I wasn't refering to US distributions. Japan and Europe definitely had the machine and customers would plug in their cartridge, press a button on the SFC controller and watch Mew arrive in their game. It really was a "magical moment". The animation looked almost identical to the normal trading animation, but it wasn't a trade. Maybe that's where the "obscure data" originates from? The machine put your Mew into a free slot in your party. It was possible to obtain more than one by just pressing the button again and again. The ID number increased by 1 with every transfer, at least in Europe. Another requirement was, you had to save the game in the Pokémon Center or it wouldn't work. The TV showed an unusual sprite of Mew (I don't think I saw it anywhere else), and there was also some kind of a Japanese Super Game Boy Border.

What do you mean by nicknamed? My Mews had no special nickname.

I didn't know anything about DVs back in the day, so I don't know, sorry.

From the most reality based perspective, no one has a legitimate complete collection, it's likely no one will ever have one. You'd have to get all those still not possessed by people outside Nintendo, and those from all regions(Japan has a ton, and those never even leak).

But yeah, I totally agree, by no means should we ignore those that are ultra rare, and as I said that it depends on the perspective you're looking at. If someone has every NES game besides the two NWC and Stadium events, I'd consider it complete because it's as complete as most people will ever be able to get. Same case here in my opinion. I guess consider it a bonus. Like when you beat DK64 with 101%.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

From the most reality based perspective, no one has a legitimate complete collection, it's likely no one will ever have one. You'd have to get all those still not possessed by people outside Nintendo, and those from all regions(Japan has a ton, and those never even leak).

Plus we don't know if Japan even had Wireless Distribution carts like North America and Europe had. I'm leaning toward "they didn't" considering their DS Download Stations were internet connected PCs (or something like that).

Just now, Purin said:

I did see their wireless distribution system in December and they were definitely 3DS systems, but who knows how they work... It might be possible they fetch the data from a server.

Sounds likely. I remember reading that for Gen 7, Local Wireless is just connecting to the internet somehow. I think that was found out during Worlds last year.

46 minutes ago, Invader TAK said:

Sounds likely. I remember reading that for Gen 7, Local Wireless is just connecting to the internet somehow. I think that was found out during Worlds last year.

I worked at Event City in Manchester, UK during Worlds 2014 and 2015. We distributed Arash's Mamoswine + Se Jun Park's Pachirusu by literally clicking "Distribute" on a program on a laptop. It was a very boring distribution. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Soniktts said:

I worked at Event City in Manchester, UK during Worlds 2014 and 2015. We distributed Arash's Mamoswine + Se Jun Park's Pachirusu by literally clicking "Distribute" on a program on a laptop. It was a very boring distribution. 

Boring? That sounds like something that could be remade! I remember people got DS Download Play working through PC Wi-Fi years ago, this sounds like a similar deal.

3 hours ago, Purin said:

I did see their wireless distribution system in December and they were definitely 3DS systems, but who knows how they work... It might be possible they fetch the data from a server.

Oh damn, really.

If only we can get one of those.

(all this time, I was hoping they are hosting it on a server, and we try to grab the network details or dump relevant data when at a local event.
Except, all the events I get are serial codes, so me testing those details were close to none)

16 hours ago, YoshiMoshi said:

How come there's not a genesect cart? Or is there one?

Japanese local events were usually slot two or via infared (same goes Korea). Security is a lot tighter over there too which is why any Japanese event leaks/dumps/ROMs are worth their weight in gold. 

All Genesect events outside of Japan were via wifi. 

Edited by Soniktts
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, YoshiMoshi said:

Is there anyway to copy recent distributions on the 3ds, their distribution system over the internet? We can get all pre gen 6 pokemon in their first generation they were introduced (minus gen 1 and 2 games) besides genesect :(.

Sadly nope.

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone recommend a display case for these that I can hang up on my wall?

Why not make one yourself? Get an exact grid in which they fit nicely, make a backplate and a front rim to put the glass behind and use a screw or hook to make sure it stays shut. Shouldn't be more than an hour and a half of work (not including painting)

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk