[Suggestion] Massive pokemon file extractor

Vladcik

Hi !

I've a little suggestion that could help A LOT people dealing with a lot of saves at the same time. Because of doing some searches on Shiny related, i've started to have a huge important of Pokemon save files. After years, I think my collection is near of the 1000 different saves (RNG, searches, hack-rom etc etc) so I lost track of all my Pokemon.

I'd like to put some order on everything and be able to use only one save per game and the PKHeX database in order to have every pokemon at one place. But now, i've a little problem. I need to dump every pokemon file from every save. You can imagine this is quite problematic (not that lazy, i started to do it... But everytime having to put my team on pc boxes, putting in the right place etc needs a lot of time and between my studies + job it's quite difficult)

So that's why i'd like to know if we could have a massive pokemon file extractor. This way we just could have to put our saves in a folder, and pkhex starts to extract every pokemon file from them into the database folder. 

I'm not sure if it's do-able with PKHeX, but i wanted to try, because this could help people like me with many saves.

Thanks !

Not going to add a feature, but it's easy to leverage PKHeX.Core to do things for you.

string result;
foreach (var file in SaveUtil.getSavesFromFolder(path))
  SaveUtil.getVariantSAV(File.ReadAllBytes(file)).dumpBoxes(path, out result);

Feed a path to it and it'll get all the save file paths, then dump every single one's boxes to the same path.

• Like 1

Well, even if I don't have any skill (but I mean, NOT AT ALL) to edit the source code or the API, i'm gonna check for some help or stuff like that, because right now i'm still lost x_x

But it's do-able, so it's already something for me !

Thanks for the help o/

Edited by Vladcik