gen 6 event constants

jaderocc

whats up yall. first post here. anyway, i'm tryna figure out if there's a way i can edit certain event flags/constants that don't immediately show up in the event flags editor. specifically, in xy i'm tryna make snorlax catchable again, and make it so sycamore hadn't given me the kanto starter, so i can soft reset for those shiny. same thing for the starters given to you by the professor in oras after beating the elite four - i beat the elite four enough times to get all of the starters i could get and now want to uncheck them so i can soft reset for those shiny as well. is this doable in pkhex, or maybe by some other means?? looking at my y save currently, trainer info has a dropdown with 0x000, pokemon captured, etc. and a value counter, could one of these values be the ones i'm looking for? i've tried to look around here and elsewhere online and didnt see much that was indicative to what i'm looking for so i really appreciate anybody that can point me in the right direction, or explain why this can't be done. thanks :*)

Edited by jaderocc

5 minutes ago, jaderocc said:

whats up yall. first post here. anyway, i'm tryna figure out if there's a way i can edit certain event flags/constants that don't immediately show up in the event flags editor. specifically, in xy i'm tryna make snorlax catchable again, and make it so sycamore hadn't given me the kanto starter, so i can soft reset for those shiny. same thing for the starters given to you by the professor in oras after beating the elite four - i beat the elite four enough times to get all of the starters i could get and now want to uncheck them so i can soft reset for those shiny as well. is this doable in pkhex, or maybe by some other means?? looking at my y save currently, trainer info has a dropdown with 0x000, pokemon captured, etc. and a value counter, could one of these values be the ones i'm looking for? i've tried to look around here and elsewhere online and didnt see much that was indicative to what i'm looking for so i really appreciate anybody that can point me in the right direction, or explain why this can't be done. thanks :*)

you'll need before and after saves,

and compare the event flags (there is a comparison worker there, I think)

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

you'll need before and after saves,

and compare the event flags (there is a comparison worker there, I think)

yo! thx for the response. now, i could use a save from right at the beginning of the game for comparison purposes, right? would it necessarily have to be from my save file? and, comparing the flags, i understand, however xy dont have flags for the sycamore gift starters or the snorlax, nor does oras with the gift starters. these seem to be constants that are triggered by or depend on certain other aspects. further, in regards to constants - from the event flag editor, there is a "check flag status" where the Status is 0 and unchecked, constant is 0 and value is 0. is this where i can make changes to constants? and if so, is there a way to know what each status/constant/value is/would do?

2 minutes ago, jaderocc said:

now, i could use a save from right at the beginning of the game for comparison purposes, right?

Nope, it'll lead to too many hits,
hence why only before and after is strongly recommended.

4 minutes ago, jaderocc said:

however xy dont have flags for the sycamore gift starters or the snorlax, nor does oras with the gift starters. these seem to be constants that are triggered by or depend on certain other aspects. further, in regards to constants - from the event flag editor, there is a "check flag status" where the Status is 0 and unchecked, constant is 0 and value is 0. is this where i can make changes to constants? and if so, is there a way to know what each status/constant/value is/would do?

maybe it's tied to a conversation flag from right before you receive them.

once again, before and after save

• Like 1